HitW Viewing Thread - Supergirl TV Series, starting 10/27/15

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Shit, the Royals tied it while we were watching. :(

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
Yeah, I think this worked as a HitW. We always planned to start doing TV shows, so I'm glad we're giving it a shot.

Pigdango

Donator
Yeah, I think this worked as a HitW. We always planned to start doing TV shows, so I'm glad we're giving it a shot.
Maybe we can double up the Tuesday after next if the World Series is going on.

TomC

uppity neobarb
girl Zod, FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, might not be Zod

TomC

uppity neobarb
oh well we got a black Firestorm on Flash now

Bobobie

Wasn't there going to be a black gay Green Lantern? I guess they wanted to touch at least two bases to shut up the SJW's.

Pigdango

Donator
I remember when Agents of Shield came out everyone was making fun of them for the clumsy MCU references. And that was like 1 or 2 an episode. There had to have been at least 30 references to "Him."

And why couldn't they say his name? And why the Christopher Reeve Superman?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I remember when Agents of Shield came out everyone was making fun of them for the clumsy MCU references. And that was like 1 or 2 an episode. There had to have been at least 30 references to "Him."

And why couldn't they say his name? And why the Christopher Reeve Superman?
I believe the plan is never to say his name. I'm trying to remember why. I wonder if it's a rights thing.

Pigdango

Donator
I believe the plan is never to say his name. I'm trying to remember why. I wonder if it's a rights thing.
I'm a reasonable man. If you can't say his name because it's a rights thing, I get it. I did some digging, and I found several interviews with the show's producers who are all saying some version of "Well, we aren't showing him or saying his name because we want her to stand on her own." And you know what? Reasonable pig gets that. It's got to be about her or the show will fail, with assholes like me saying "why hasn't she called Superman in on this?" But then
  1. Don't bring in characters from the Superman Universe - ie Jimmy James Olsen. Give her a supporting cast of her own.
  2. Don't reference "Him" 30 fucking times. You're calling far more attention to it than if you just had Henry Cavill stop by for 2 seconds. Seriously, wait until you watch the episode. It's maddening how often they bring up a guy that they're supposedly trying to distance themselves from. And that first minute....:haha7:

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I'm a reasonable man. If you can't say his name because it's a rights thing, I get it. I did some digging, and I found several interviews with the show's producers who are all saying some version of "Well, we aren't showing him or saying his name because we want her to stand on her own." And you know what? Reasonable pig gets that. It's got to be about her or the show will fail, with assholes like me saying "why hasn't she called Superman in on this?" But then
  1. Don't bring in characters from the Superman Universe - ie Jimmy James Olsen. Give her a supporting cast of her own.
  2. Don't reference "Him" 30 fucking times. You're calling far more attention to it than if you just had Henry Cavill stop by for 2 seconds. Seriously, wait until you watch the episode. It's maddening how often they bring up a guy that they're supposedly trying to distance themselves from. And that first minute....:haha7:
You know what? The first minute really didn't bother me like it did you. Yeah, it was a bit cheesy, but overall I'm okay with the cheese in this show. These show runners are superhero vets at this point. I have to imagine they intentionally cranked the cheese on the first couple episodes so they could crank it back down later.

I've got plenty of other complaints. Such as an entire black government agency that knows her identity.

Pigdango

Donator
You know what? The first minute really didn't bother me like it did you. Yeah, it was a bit cheesy, but overall I'm okay with the cheese in this show. These show runners are superhero vets at this point. I have to imagine they intentionally cranked the cheese on the first couple episodes so they could crank it back down later.

I've got plenty of other complaints. Such as an entire black government agency that knows her identity.
I just found the "SEE IT'S SUPERMAN BECAUSE HE'S GOT A CURL ON HIS FOREHEAD" exaggerated curl to be absolutely one of the funniest things I've ever seen. When I saw it I went into a full on giggle fit. Plus the whole "We're sending you to be Superman's babysitter" angle was downright hilarious.

You mean you didn't like Not Nick Fury and his whole agency, who stole their existence from Nick Fury's "Because of Him" line in Avengers?

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Babies always look so weird in entertainment.

Pigdango

Donator
I saw some clips from next week's episode. They actually say Superman's name a few times. So whatever the fuck they were doing in the pilot, it wasn't contractual - it was just retarded.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
I saw some clips from next week's episode. They actually say Superman's name a few times. So whatever the fuck they were doing in the pilot, it wasn't contractual - it was just retarded.
They said it at least once last night that I can remember (when SG's explaining her babysitting duties in the beginning). Could it just be shoddy writing?

Pigdango

Donator
@HandPanzer @crippledalbino @Neckbeard @TomC @Bobobie

Hopefully you all remembered to record Supergirl episode 2 last night!

I am going to see The Martian tonight at 7pm EST on IMAX. The movie is...rather lengthy, but I should be home in time to match last week's start time of 10pm EST.

If you don't want to risk it we can always push to tomorrow, but I think it will be ok.