Vince challenged Dana for WM27

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Dana White reveals offer to face Vince McMahon

On Montreal TV tonight, when Dana White was being interviewed by former NHL player Denis Gauthier, Jr., Gauthier as a joke brought up the idea of him fighting Vince McMahon.
White, surprisingly, revealed that in fact Vince McMahon had wanted to do the match. White said that he respects Vince, and that Vince will probably freak out when he says this, but that Vince was too old, and he said Vince is not going to want to hear that.
White vs. Vince McMahon was Vince's idea for a main event at WrestleMania 27.
Unbeknownst to Dana White, the guy who interviewed him is the son of a Montreal pro wrestler, Denis Gauthier, and his wife, Joanne Rougeau (daughter of legendary Montreal wrestler Jacques Rougeau Sr., as sister of Raymond and Jacques Jr.), was the former local wrestling promoter for WWF at the same Bell Centre where tomorrow night's UFC is coming from.

UCJOE

& Meltzer said that Vince offered to put Dana over lol

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
I know that Vince has an amateur wrestling background, but does Dana have any wrestling/fighting/martial arts background?

Gorilla Pimp

Popped a molly i'm sweatin, WOO
Dana knows its a work right?

And if it were to be a real fight... Vince is a big dude who would fuck Dana up.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly

And if it were to be a real fight... Vince is a big dude who would fuck Dana up.
Vince is strong, but he's not even the least bit agile. He's also an older man with a prior history of steroid use and consequent muscle tears.

Buster H

Alt-F4
Wackbag Staff

My money would be on Dana

Edit: to clarify. A fight with UFC rules, I'd go with Dana. A street brawl? 50-50

UCJOE

Meltzer said Vince offer was for Mania, but then told Dana it could be UFC instead. That is why Dana said "Vince was too old" (he would never get cleared)

UCJOE

Vince is strong, but he's not even the least bit agile. He's also an older man with a prior history of steroid use and consequent muscle tears.
My money would be on Dana

Edit: to clarify. A fight with UFC rules, I'd go with Dana. A street brawl? 50-50

If Vince connected, he would knock Dana out cold
Also the size difference would be tough for Dana to overcome
Meltzer said that this was partially connected to the Brock/Taker thing that occurred. That makes sense, because Taker was going to be allowed to go to the presser, but Brock lost

Gorilla Pimp

Popped a molly i'm sweatin, WOO
I'm just basing it off size and toughness factor. Back in the Attitude days Vince got in there and had some matches and took some fuckin legit chair shots. Vince aint no punk.

UCJOE

Can you imagine how huge that could have been?
It would have been the highest grossing PPV by either co. easily

UCJOE

Meltzer:
Obviously Vince wanted it a secret because he wanted to promote Taker vs. Brock as a shoot to wrestling fans, that's why he shot the angle at the UFC show and that's why he wanted Dana involved, with the idea he gives it legitimacy and it's no longer a pro wrestling angle.

No, Dana didn't consider it, actually for that very reason.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
What a lunatic bastard!

Still would have been better than The Miz/John Cena. That is the worst Post-Attitude/WCW and ECW/WWE "Modern Era" WM main event by a landslide.

I can't think of anything in the past 10 that I'd say was worse than that.

WM 19 is brilliant.
WM 20 is the greatest Triple Threat Match in the company's history
Everything after that is tolerable to excellent ('Taker/Edge, Taker/Michaels)
The only one I'd say was as bad as Cena/Miz was Trips/Orton

UCJOE

Its funny reading boards now
Those who do not have access to Meltzer don't realize it was for Mania 27 & not this year since Dana did not say
They are coming up with all crazy scenarios that Dana might be at RAW Monday now etc.
All because Brock is involved against Vince son-in-law & Brock "injured" Vince

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
I'm just basing it off size and toughness factor. Back in the Attitude days Vince got in there and had some matches and took some fuckin legit chair shots. Vince aint no punk.
He's still tough, but toughness and strength aren't everything.

UCJOE

More from Meltzer:
Based on what I was told, and I reported this at the time, Ariel was not in on it. (Taker/Brock angle)

They counted on the idea of people with camera phones filming it and it leaking out that way, or better, it becoming a "word of mouth" thing and get blown up even bigger that way. The whole idea of the original angle was something you weren't supposed to see but everyone would hear about. They actually didn't want it to look professional. It just so happened Ariel was there at the time

I can't say for a fact Rock's return would not have happened on the show. I very strongly suspect that is the case because of the deal it would have taken to make the first idea happen. If you consider where Brock was as a draw and how high flying Dana was and how bad WWE's PPVs were all when this was laid out, this was going to take considerable money to put together Would have made no sense to have Rock on that show same reason it would have made no sense to have Austin on last year's show.

UCJOE

Meltzer said the conversation with Dana & Vince was Oct 2010 & they spoke about Brock/Taker as well
He said that Vine waned to do a WWE match not UFC & that Dana would go over & that Taker would go over Brock
Dana said no & that is when Vince said "we can do it for real", but obviously Vince did not think it through as far as legislation etc

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
  1. chael sonnen ‏@sonnench 2m
    Ill help you out and tag along because you can't spell box office without S-O-N-N-E-N. how bout it? Vince w/ Punk vs Dana w/ Chael P?

Expand
  2. chael sonnen ‏@sonnench
    11m
    You'd be so punch drunk against Dana even your straight edge Champion @cmpunk will feel tipsy.

Expand
  3. chael sonnen ‏@sonnench
    26m
    Itd be entertaining to see Dana sweep him under the rug. He could use the one on top of Vince's head.

Expand
  4. chael sonnen ‏@sonnench
    59m
    Just because your teeth are fake that don't mean they can't get PUNCHED OUT, y'big mark!

Expand
  5. chael sonnen ‏@sonnench
    1h
    Reason your guys work in a ring and not an octagon is because nobody on your roster can count to 8, you DOPE

Expand
  6. chael sonnen ‏@sonnench
    1h
    There's easier ways to commit suicide, Vincie-boy. Aren't you about 45 minutes from the George Washington Bridge? @wwe

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
  1. chael sonnen ‏@sonnench 2m
    Ill help you out and tag along because you can't spell box office without S-O-N-N-E-N. how bout it? Vince w/ Punk vs Dana w/ Chael P?

Expand
  2. chael sonnen ‏@sonnench
    11m
    You'd be so punch drunk against Dana even your straight edge Champion @cmpunk will feel tipsy.

Expand
  3. chael sonnen ‏@sonnench
    26m
    Itd be entertaining to see Dana sweep him under the rug. He could use the one on top of Vince's head.

Expand
  4. chael sonnen ‏@sonnench
    59m
    Just because your teeth are fake that don't mean they can't get PUNCHED OUT, y'big mark!

Expand
  5. chael sonnen ‏@sonnench
    1h
    Reason your guys work in a ring and not an octagon is because nobody on your roster can count to 8, you DOPE

Expand
  6. chael sonnen ‏@sonnench
    1h
    There's easier ways to commit suicide, Vincie-boy. Aren't you about 45 minutes from the George Washington Bridge? @wwe
What a douche.

UCJOE

some more rubbish from Chael

That was pretty funny
Chael has a WWE career waiting when he no longer can compete at a high UFC level

He is planting the seeds already & doing a great job

UCJOE

The UFC invasion of WWE begins .........................

:haha7: