Vince Vaughn is rebooting the Brady Bunch

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
God Dammit. Can't we leave some things alone!

‘The Brady Bunch’ Reboot Produced By Vince Vaughn In Development At CBS

EXCLUSIVE: America’s most famous blended TV family is eying a comeback. CBS is developing a new take on the cult comedy The Brady Bunch, co-developed and executive produced by Vince Vaughn. The multi-camera comedy project, which has received a script order, will be produced by CBS TV Studios.

The original sitcom, created by Sherwood Schwartz and starring Robert Reed and Florence Henderson, ran on ABC from 1969-1974. It centered on Mike Brady (Reed), a widowed architect with three sons, Greg, Peter and Bobby, who marries Carol Ann Martin (Henderson), a single mother with three daughters, Marcia, Jan and Cindy.

On the new next-generation Brady Bunch, written by Mike Mariano (Raising Hope, My Name Is Earl), a divorced Bobby Brady, with children of his own, is remarried to a woman who also has kids, and together they also share a child. In addition, their ex-spouses are still part of their lives. The new setup reflects the evolution of family dynamics over the past four decades. Back in 1969, Schwartz wanted Carol to be a divorcée but the network refused, so the end of her first marriage was never addressed.

I hear Vaughn came up with the idea for the new Brady Bunch and teamed with Mariano. Mariano and Lloyd Schwartz, son of the late Sherwood Schwartz, will executive produce the CBS project along with Vaughn, Victoria Vaughn and Peter Billingsley through Vince Vaughn’s Wild West Picture Show Prods.

CBS TV Studios has the rights to the original series as it was produced by its predecessor Paramount Television. The studio has a lot of experience successfully reviving old series. There are three reboots now on the air now: CBS’ Hawaii Five-0 and the CW’s 90210 and Beauty And The Beast — all of them produced by CBS TV Studios.

The Brady Bunch signals a return to the traditional family comedy arena for CBS, which gradually moved away from it following the end of Everybody Loves Raymond and The King Of Queens in favor of buddy/relationship comedies like Two And A Half Men, The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother and 2 Broke Girls. As for classic comedies, the network last year took a stab at remaking another 1960s series, Bewitched.

If the contemporary remake goes forward, CBS will likely bring back The Brady Bunch‘s popular theme song tweaked for the 21st century the way CBS modernized the signature theme music of Hawaii Five-0 for the reboot. (See title sequences from all seasons of The Brady Bunch below).

The Brady Bunch has spawned spinoffs, TV movie reunions, a musical and a successful movie parody franchise starring Shelley Long. One of the TV movies, the 1988 A Very Brady Christmas, led to the short-lived 1990 CBS series The Bradys, which followed the extended Brady family some 15 years after the events in The Brady Bunch. It featured most of the original cast.

Wild West Picture Show has stepped TV efforts over the past couple of years — the company has a series on the air, TBS’ Sullivan & Son, which had a solid second-week showing. Vaughn and Mariano are repped by CAA.
http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/brady-bunch-tv-series-reboot-cbs-vince-vaughn/

The family couldn't wait for the old jew's body to get cold before they cashed in. Ponderous.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
If the father is still gay and still dies of AIDS, then maybe they can go for a gritty reboot.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Has anyone watched Vaughn's other show on TBS, Sullivan and Son? It's abysmal. It makes Two Broke Girls look like quality writing.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Has anyone watched Vaughn's other show on TBS, Sullivan and Son? It's abysmal. It makes Two Broke Girls look like quality writing.
I know nothing of television...How many reboots that get thrown at us actually stay? Maybe 1 in 6? We are getting a reboot of the Munsters for the second time. The reboots of Battle Star Galactia and Hawaii 5-0 didn't do so bad.
Personally, I want a Buck Rogers Reboot, an Emergency reboot, and a Battle of the Planets reboot.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
There were two "Beauty and The Beast" projects last year, I think the one that was actually the reboot of the Ron Perlman series, is the one that didn't get picked up.

It seems like there's a couple reboots of TV shows every pilot season, but many of them don't even make it out of the scripting stage. Pitch season for TV is in high gear, we're going to hear about shows getting deals every day for the next couple months. I'm sure Brady Bunch won't be the only reboot to get a deal.

I'm hoping for a Different Strokes remake, they can get this 4'7'' black girl from US Gymnastics team to play Arnold.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
There were two "Beauty and The Beast" projects last year, I think the one that was actually the reboot of the Ron Perlman series, is the one that didn't get picked up.

It seems like there's a couple reboots of TV shows every pilot season, but many of them don't even make it out of the scripting stage. Pitch season for TV is in high gear, we're going to hear about shows getting deals every day for the next couple months. I'm sure Brady Bunch won't be the only reboot to get a deal.

I'm hoping for a Different Strokes remake, they can get this 4'7'' black girl from US Gymnastics team to play Arnold.
So how did Arrow get picked up an Aquaman not? Both are lame hero concepts. If WB and DC are gonna do hero..go a little antihero..get some heat from the churches like in the days of Buffy and Angel..Go with Etrigan or Fate....Captain Marvel or Isis reboot....hell, even:[video=youtube;qmhRKU5zBS8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmhRKU5zBS8[/video].

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005
I know nothing of television...How many reboots that get thrown at us actually stay? Maybe 1 in 6? We are getting a reboot of the Munsters for the second time. The reboots of Battle Star Galactia and Hawaii 5-0 didn't do so bad.
Personally, I want a Buck Rogers Reboot, an Emergency reboot, and a Battle of the Planets reboot.
Greg Kinnear IS Colonel Robert E. Hogan

"Hooogaaann! No one escapes from Stalag 13!"

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
If the contemporary remake goes forward, CBS will likely bring back The Brady Bunch‘s popular theme song tweaked for the 21st century the way CBS modernized the signature theme music of Hawaii Five-0 for the reboot. (See title sequences from all seasons of The Brady Bunch below).
The Bizady Bunch?

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
So how did Arrow get picked up an Aquaman not? Both are lame hero concepts. If WB and DC are gonna do hero..go a little antihero..get some heat from the churches like in the days of Buffy and Angel..Go with Etrigan or Fate....Captain Marvel or Isis reboot....hell, even:
I actually saw the Aquaman pilot and it was almost as bad as that video you posted.

Green Arrow, while not amazing by any means, was mildly enjoyable.

Dec 12, 2007
That's what we need. A remake of a sitcom that has been remade before....but with a black friend to hip it up!

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
I didn't think the aquaman pilot was that bad. Bad, yes, but not totally unwatchable. Also, it had the benefit of taking place in the Smallville universe, so there were plenty of crossover possibilities.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
I didn't think the aquaman pilot was that bad. Bad, yes, but not totally unwatchable. Also, it had the benefit of taking place in the Smallville universe, so there were plenty of crossover possibilities.
I haven't seen it since the first time I watched it. I mostly remember some horrible plane or helicopter crash in a hurricane, something like that. And a lot of really bad acting.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I don't think it was in the Smallville universe. Aquaman was played by two different guys. One was a bigger guy and the other was its Green Arrow. But it did come from the same producers.

I'm still curious about what killed Vince Vaughn's career.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Anyone who thinks this is a good idea should be banned for life from working in television.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Bring back Beat the Clock with an added twist that they kill off the losers. Live.

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
I think with the success of the Dallas re-boot we are going to see a lot of these especially on the cable channels where they won't need as large an audience for the show to be successful.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I think with the success of the Dallas re-boot we are going to see a lot of these especially on the cable channels where they won't need as large an audience for the show to be successful.
Bionic Woman
Knight Rider
21 Jump Street

Doctor Who

Jan 9, 2006
Delmar, NY
On the new next-generation Brady Bunch, written by Mike Mariano (Raising Hope, My Name Is Earl), a divorced Bobby Brady, with children of his own, is remarried to a woman who also has kids, and together they also share a child. In addition, their ex-spouses are still part of their lives.
How is that a "reboot"? It's just a new family sitcom that they're tacking the Brady Bunch name to.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
They should aim for a more modern writing style. Like story's of Jan's unexplored lesbian side.

Uncle Peter gets busted for statutory :rap:, again.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Jan and Cindy could do an ass 2 ass scene to wrap up the season.