Virginia judge rules EPA overstepped authority trying to regulate water as pollutant Read more: htt

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
ummm what?
Virginia judge rules EPA overstepped authority trying to regulate water as pollutant
RICHMOND, Va. – Virginia officials scored a key victory Thursday in their battle with the Environmental Protection Agency over what EPA critics describe as a land takeover.
U.S. District Judge Liam O'Grady in Alexandria ruled late Thursday that the EPA exceeded its authority by attempting to regulate stormwater runoff into a Fairfax County creek as a pollutant. O'Grady sided with the Virginia Department of Transportation and the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, which challenged EPA's stormwater restrictions

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/03/virginia-judge-rules-epa-overstepped-authority-trying-to-regulate-water-as/#ixzz2GycZPz00

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Well, dihydrogen monoxide is a leading killer of Japanese people and New Orleans residents...

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Well, dihydrogen monoxide is a leading killer of Japanese people and New Orleans residents...
Actually the leading killer of Japanese people is giant monsters and samurai swords, and occasionally giant monsters wielding samurai swords, but that's less common.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Actually the leading killer of Japanese people is giant monsters and samurai swords, and occasionally giant monsters wielding samurai swords, but that's less common.
Strange notebooks and teenagers named Tetsuo claim quite a few per year too.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Strange notebooks and teenagers named Tetsuo claim quite a few per year too.
Dude, someone made a thread on the anime message board I frequent spoiling Death Note in the title, which triggered a wave of troll threads with massive spoiler titles so now I can't go there until some mod deletes them all. Fucking internet.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Dude, someone made a thread on the anime message board I frequent spoiling Death Note in the title, which triggered a wave of troll threads with massive spoiler titles so now I can't go there until some mod deletes them all. Fucking internet.
What was the spoiler? (I've never cared about spoilers, so feel free... as long as they're in tags, of course.)

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
What was the spoiler? (I've never cared about spoilers, so feel free... as long as they're in tags, of course.)
No fucking way. Tell me how far you are or I'm not saying shit. This is too big a thing to spoil, but it isn't at the end.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
No fucking way. Tell me how far you are or I'm not saying shit. This is too big a thing to spoil, but it isn't at the end.
I've already spoiled it myself. I usually do that with everything I watch and read. Sometimes I forget before I get around to something, sometimes I don't, but either way, spoilers have never prevented me from enjoying something.

Was it L's death?

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I know it.

Buffer...Buffer...Buffer...Buffer...Buffer...Buffer...Buffer...Buffer...Buffer...Buffer...Buffer...Buffer...Buffer...Buffer...Buffer...Buffer...Buffer...Buffer...Buffer...Buffer...Buffer...Buffer...Buffer...Buffer...

The Note was Dead the whole time.
Misa Amane was actually Keyser Söze.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I've already spoiled it myself. I usually do that with everything I watch and read. Sometimes I forget before I get around to something, sometimes I don't, but either way, spoilers have never prevented me from enjoying something.

Was it L's death?
Yes, that was it. Probably one of the biggest shocks I've ever gotten in any show. To say I didn't see that coming would be the understatement of the decade. What balls. I do think the timing of it hurts the story a little, but well worth it just for the surprise factor.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Yes, that was it. Probably one of the biggest shocks I've ever gotten in any show. To say I didn't see that coming would be the understatement of the decade. What balls. I do think the timing of it hurts the story a little, but well worth it just for the surprise factor.
It sucks that he died, but his conduct on his dying day reveals how awesome he was, especially in the rain scene. He knows that he's lost and will soon be murdered, but is still enough of a smartass to force Light into the cold rain with him. He also set into motion the coming of Near and Mello. So even though he lost, he made sure Light lost too. He ultimately won the war.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
It sucks that he died, but his conduct on his dying day reveals how awesome he was, especially in the rain scene. He knows that he lost and will soon be murdered, but even in his despair, is still enough of a smartass to force Light into the cold rain with him. He also set into motion the coming of Near and Mello. So even though he lost, he made sure Light lost too. He ultimately won the war.
Yeah, that's why I describe this show to people as a "Holmes vs. Moriarty" type thing. It's the closest thing I can think of - just two epic minds doing battle.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Yeah, that's why I describe this show to people as a "Holmes vs. Moriarty" type thing. It's the closest thing I can think of - just two epic minds doing battle.
The best thing about the show for me is the petty trolling L and Light do to each other after they meet face to face. Even though they're involved in an extremely serious, life-threatening game of cat and mouse, they still take the time to pick at each other like children.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
So am I officially posting in a gay anime thread now?

:wavy:
I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the 3 people on Wackbag who have actually seen Death Note (it's probably more like 5 or 6 but that doesn't sound as funny).

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the 3 people on Wackbag who have actually seen Death Note (it's probably more like 5 or 6 but that doesn't sound as funny).
Oh literal Neon. One of the guys I work with is a huge anime fan and has had a chance to explain the attraction. He sounds about as knowledgeable about it as you do. Isn't Peter Jackson (or some other huge director) acquiring the rights to some epic anime character? A cute female cyborg type character I believe it was. Some scientist keeps experimenting with putting her head on different cyborgs.

Oh, and fuck the EPA. :cool:

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Neon, do you want to just start a Death Note thread (if there isn't one already)? I'm down if you are. (But you're starting it. :p)

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Oh literal Neon. One of the guys I work with is a huge anime fan and has had a chance to explain the attraction. He sounds about as knowledgeable about it as you do. Isn't Peter Jackson (or some other huge director) acquiring the rights to some epic anime character? A cute female cyborg type character I believe it was. Some scientist keeps experimenting with putting her head on different cyborgs.

Oh, and fuck the EPA. :cool:
I think you mean Spielberg and Ghost in the Shell, but that's one of those things that'll never happen and has been talked about forever. And there is less than zero chance that a Hollywood movie would do that franchise justice. It's too intelligent to work as a blockbuster. At least that's what they'll think before they dumb it the fuck down.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Neon, do you want to just start a Death Note thread (if there isn't one already)? I'm down if you are. (But you're starting it. :p)
It's been so long I don't remember enough of the particulars. I keep trying to bump the anime thread occasionally but there isn't a lot of interest. :confused:

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I think you mean Spielberg and Ghost in the Shell, but that's one of those things that'll never happen and has been talked about forever. And there is less than zero chance that a Hollywood movie would do that franchise justice. It's too intelligent to work as a blockbuster. At least that's what they'll think before they dumb it the fuck down.
Dude, you want to talk about Hollywood butchering an anime?

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-urgent-questions-about-live-action-akira-remake/

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-actual-live-action-akira-script-worse-than-you-think/

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Now I remember. That's kinda what he said but I think he would have more confidence if someone like Peter Jackson did it. Spielberg would be too worried about what kind of Happy Meal toys could be produced.