Virus Alert

I have been emailed the same virus 4 times this week which has to be a record... look out for the following virus

------------------------------------------

subject: deposit letter

Hi! How are you?

I send you this file in order to have your advice

See you later. Thanks

------------------------------------------

The attachment contains the W32.Sircam.Worm@mm Virus

in any case NEVER open attachments even from your friends without virus scanning it first.

get Norton antivirus or mcaffee antivirus

get zonealarm, www.zonealarm.com its a free firewall that catches everything coming in AND going out of you computer. not only is it free but its the best firewall out there.

watch out for weird extensions on attachments like depositletter.doc.ghz

notice that there is an extra extension after doc. watch out for exe, com, bat files.

dont trust where the file comes from because if your friends get a virus it can email itself to all the people in there address book without them knowing it.

[ 08-16-2001: Message edited by: Stingray ]

MAVRIC305

I speak the human language
Thanks bro. That would be the last thing I need right now. I will definetely be wary to what I open. Thank again bro.

Don't say it too loudly... The Linux fans will come out in droves raggin on us. ^^

WOW I got emailed the virus again Thats 5 times this week , same letter as above

here is the sender all 5 times

mcpa@midmaine.com

Subject: deposit letter

[ 08-16-2001: Message edited by: Stingray ]

DIRTY_HARRY

Yes the cable company was telling me about this new virus called RedWorm I guess that it.

Yup you got it. Somebody keeps trying to email that shit through yahoo mail but the nortons antivirus catches it.

Thanks for the heads up. I've received the virus also, but Norton picked it up.At least I knew what to look for, before I stupidly tried to open it like I've done before...

:)
NEVER open anything with an attachment, unless you scan it first!

[ 08-17-2001: Message edited by: SpotcheckBilly ]

Holy shit!! As of 7:57PM, I have been emailed this same virus 4 TIMES TODAY!!! New record!!! look out for the following email:

---------------------------------------------
mcpa@midmaine.com

subject: deposit letter

Hi! How are you?

I send you this file in order to have your advice

See you later. Thanks

---------------------------------------------

[ 08-19-2001: Message edited by: Stingray ]