Vista Explorer.EXE problem

Bobobie

This has been bugging me for a while since upgrading to Vista. When I access a directory with a lot of media in it, like AVI, MPG, JPG, files, Explorer.exe maxes out the proccessor and it takes forever for the contents of the folder to be displayed. The little progress indicator in the address bar moves like a snail across the screen while a I wonder what the fuck the stupid thing is doing. It only took a few seconds for XP to display a friggin folder. I disabled indexing, I'm displaying file names, not thumbnails, and it still takes forever. I was wondering if this was DRM crap checking each file or is this just some windows bug. I can't find anything online talking about this specific thing.

GonzoRadio

I like yoguuuuuurt
Just for shits and giggles, can you go to "classic" windows mode and see if the problem persists?

Bobobie

No, I think it's some service that is checking each media file for who knows what. I noticed that it retrieves album art for MP3's. Whatever its doing, its overkill because all I care about is the name, file size and date.