Wackbag Book Club September Selection Thread v2 Tom.0

Which would you most like to read?

• Total voters

TomC

uppity neobarb
After glancing at the cloud storage options, I think the best to use for this would be mega.co.nz. Dropbox only gives you 2GB to start, and a 300mb/file upload limit unless you download the Windows app (not sure if you want to do that). Mega.co.nz gives you 50GB with no upload limit. It also has a cool feature where you can transfer files between accounts, if you don't want to download them to your device that second.
done, uploaded two files, how do I share it?

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
done, uploaded two files, how do I share it?
On mega? Right click over the file and select "Get Link". In the new window, select "Copy to Clipboard". Now just give that to anyone who wants it.

I highly suggest we exchange these links via PM, just in case (since this forum is searchable). Maybe shoot me a PM with the link and I'll make sure the file can be accessed.

TomC

uppity neobarb
I highly suggest we exchange these links via PM, just in case (since this forum is searchable). Maybe shoot me a PM with the link and I'll make sure the file can be accessed.
what link? "wink wink"

TomC

uppity neobarb
audio books

looks good for me linking you guys to leibowitz, i also have SS Rat right now ready to link, DLing snow crash right now, will find Old Man if any one wants, send pm's.

ps- i have a shitload of audio books on the hard drive, pm me if you want me to look for something for you

Kugzilla

Roar. Go: Eagles, Flyers, Philles, Buckeyes, etc.
So, no one wants to lobby for my vote? ;)

Kugzilla

I asked first....<cue Brady bunch sad music>

TomC

uppity neobarb
less than 3 days left to vote

voting will be closed Monday afternoon to give every one 1 week to get the book

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
I voted for Old Man's War since it's already on my shelf waiting to be read. Per previous experiences with this book club it's not going to win.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
I'm really hoping Snow Crush has like two votes is because no one voted for it because everyone already read it.

Kugzilla

Will vote shortly

Kugzilla

Voted for Liebowitz. Sounds innerstin.

I've read Old Mans war, so if that came back to win I'd be fine too, but figured I'd pick something new.

TomC

uppity neobarb
I'm really hoping Snow Crush has like two votes is because no one voted for it because everyone already read it.
To many of you telling me its good, i will do it soon, maybe before a reread of "book club" winner

TomC

uppity neobarb
I'll yell WINNER some time late (for me) tonight, 11PMish.

TomC

uppity neobarb
We have a winner,

A Canticle for Leibowitz

Last edited:

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
I started early because I want to finish this before GTA 5. I like it so far reminds me of fallout.

I'm around chapter 3 or 4 now. Very cool read so far. It's also kinda funny in parts.

I mentioned to my coworker that I am reading it and she said she had to read it for a college class in 1975.