Wackbag.com Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zagman76

Wackbagger, Geek, Administrator
Wackbag Staff
Nov 18, 2004
Long Island, NY
Hello - as some of you may have noticed lately, the server/board has been just a little sluggish lately and even occasionally un-responsive. Hardly anyone has mentioned it, or complained about it so my first instinct has been to just leave things alone as they will work themselves out.

Well - just the other day, I was posting and I had to wait a WHOLE 2.7 SECONDS before my post appeared! Clearly this is unacceptable!!!

As a result - I have started the steps needed to have a new server provisioned!

I am hoping the move can be completed within the next 2 weeks or so, and we can put this 5-year old box to rest finally.

In the mean-time, I have been and will continue to disable some of the more server intensive processes that run to try and keep the basics running smoothly.

Thanks for your patience, and I in no way care if this causes any inconvenience to you!

:action-sm

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
I detect a hint of sarcasm there, sir. ;)

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Now that you mention it zagman76, the board has been running a bit sluggish lately.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Shit......this means I'm going to need something else to complain about.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Not sure what causes a double post because this has never happened to me before. Good luck on your server migration bro.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I don't know what you're talking about, zag. The board has been running like a dream lately. :rolleyes:

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
I don't know what you're talking about, zag. The board has been running like a dream lately. :rolleyes:
:) I think AH and I have been the biggest complainers. Of course, now that you disabled a few things...it's been working great for me.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
:) I think AH and I have been the biggest complainers. Of course, now that you disabled a few things...it's been working great for me.
I've had the same log-in issue. Other than that, I haven't had any problems today. I can't wait for the new server, though.

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
May 16, 2007
Chicago
It looks like one of the casualties is the "Who is currently in this thread" list.

How...oh how are we going to keep tabs on Fenrir?

Oct 16, 2008
Parma, OH
Not sure what causes a double post because this has never happened to me before. Good luck on your server migration bro.
I noticed a couple times after I'd post a reply I'd get the "Slow down there skippy" message with the "advanced" reply box open and I think people just click to send it again without reading that message. I usually use quick replies so that may be why I catch it.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
FU section moved up?

Also, I noticed I can't log in from my iPad. I put the stuff in, it says "Thanks for logging in" or whatever, but then I'm not logged in.
No biggie, I never use the iPad, just saying.

FIX THE TAB ENTER!!!!! :action-sm

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
FU section moved up?

Also, I noticed I can't log in from my iPad. I put the stuff in, it says "Thanks for logging in" or whatever, but then I'm not logged in.

Clear cookies, if that's even possible on an iPad.

That should fix the login problem.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
It looks like one of the casualties is the "Who is currently in this thread" list.

How...oh how are we going to keep tabs on Fenrir?
You think a guy like fenrir is going to come this close to getting caught and sticks his head out? My guess is you'll never hear from him again.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Not sure what causes a double post ...
Here's one tip, if your browser gives you that pop-up box asking you if you
want to navigate away from the page after you try to post something,
CLICK YES!!! It actually makes the post go thru. Clicking no fucks things up.

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
May 16, 2007
Chicago
Here's one tip, if your browser gives you that pop-up box asking you if you
want to navigate away from the page after you try to post something,
CLICK YES!!! It actually makes the post go thru. Clicking no fucks things up.
Yes...yes it does, and yes...yes I will.

poppAwoody

C colon enter
May 23, 2006
LI, New York
FU section moved up?

Clear cookies, if that's even possible on an iPad.

That should fix the login problem.
I notice the same thing on my iphone but if you login then click on menu to go to forums you will actually be logged in from then on. Some reason its not re-routing properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.