Wackbag Soccer Thread Part Zwei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Standby

Better Than [you]
Wackbag Staff
Sep 8, 2005
Arlington, VA
MLS... Premiership, Champions League... here's part two.

For now I guess we'll just keep it in one thread and let the discussion just free flow, rather than one thread for the Premiership, one for Champions League, one for Serie A, etc.

BeltOfScotch

I don't know what to write
Mar 26, 2005
THAT'S WHERE WE ARE!!!!
SOCCER IS FOR FAGGOTS LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL THEY ALL TALK WITH FUNNY ACCENTS I HOPE THEY DIE OF AIDS

I'm pumped for Sunday.

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Feb 10, 2006
Oceanside, NY
Standby I saw that banner during the game last night and had a good chuckle. That other thread lasted a pretty long time. Miss "Soccer Anyone?"

Wilmington WOW

The Emmitt Till of Wackbag
Oct 4, 2004
Wilmington, DE
ooooo beckham got into a game
I dont think I could wear a kit with herbalife on the front
its sounds a little uh geeeeeey

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
Anyone going to the RBNY-Galaxy game coming up?

Standby

Better Than [you]
Wackbag Staff
Sep 8, 2005
Arlington, VA
You boys may actually see the fairy suit up for a full 90.... nah probably not :)

BTW... 39 minutes into Spurs v. Sunderland... HAPPY PREMIERSHIP EVERYBODY. Roy Keane in a suit.... weird...

Dougal, you'd appreciate this... they were recapping some Celtic match before it cut over to EPL coverage... wasn't last week's since that was 0-0 and they showed goals... I forgot you had the greatest name in all of football, and someone I want a shirt of...

JAN
VENNEGOOR
OF
HESSELINK

I remember seeing that guy in Holland and just marking out hardcore for his name. Then realizing he was actually pretty damn good.

Oh, and I want one of those Keano Guevara shirts Sunderland fans were wearing...

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Feb 10, 2006
Oceanside, NY
Happy Football!!! Premiership and Bundesliga this makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. I love it.

Standby

Better Than [you]
Wackbag Staff
Sep 8, 2005
Arlington, VA
Great finish to Sunderland-Spurs. Tottenham did not look good at all.

25 hours until the title defense begins.
You don't realize how happy it makes me to see I'm not the only one up and watching some footie on a Saturday morning at 7:45 (especailly after seeing Patrice last night and getting to bed at 2).

Yeah, that Sunderland team's got that "nothing to lose" attitude, which is really dangerous in the Premiership. Wigan had that two years ago and they're still hangin' around (this town, on the corner...).

That goal was a disgrace though. Defense just broke down, three of the back four nearly formed a line, and Chopra had CLEAR view of it. Just awful. Now to see Sven bury himself with City :)

HOLY SHIT. Casper Schmeichel gets the start for City. Our favorite Dane is in the stands at Upton Park to see it... wonder if this kid's learned anything from Pops...

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Feb 10, 2006
Oceanside, NY
HOLY SHIT. Casper Schmeichel gets the start for City. Our favorite Dane is in the stands at Upton Park to see it... wonder if this kid's learned anything from Pops...
Wow... that's his son. We're getting old :icon_eek:

Big goal by Bianchi in his debut. Luca Toni also scored in his debut for Bayern this morning. Great to see the Italians who fled the country proving their worth elsewhere, maybe Italian teams will learn their lesson before letting top players go next time.

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Feb 10, 2006
Oceanside, NY
I hate Liverpool, I hate Steven Gerrard... but holy shit, what a strike.

BlackNinja

How'd your parents die?
Jan 25, 2006
Miami
i was very entertained by derby and pompey, they really earned the draw. for those who dont have setanta, or foxsoccerchannel. check out goaltube.org. they have some "software" that lets you watch games broadcasted to like malaysia and other countries, that show pretty much every domestic game across europe. i know i dont have setanta, and fsc only has arsenal and united's matches tomorrow, but ill catch chelsea's through goaltube. i saw a lot of matches not covered(lot of uefa and mid table teams, and top euro sides) having said that, united look way too strong this year

N.Y. Johnny

Fake Twitter Friend
Sep 9, 2005
Texas
How do you all watch games in the states? FSN shows a shitty game on Tuesday sometimes, but that's it really.

Oh, and Liverpool>all.

Setanta Sports on Directv has alot of good Premiership Games there. Its certainly worth the extra price if you're into good football on there, plus I get it to watch some of the EURO Qualifiers and Rugby.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Setanta Sports on Directv has alot of good Premiership Games there. Its certainly worth the extra price if you're into good football on there, plus I get it to watch some of the EURO Qualifiers and Rugby.
Well fuck, I have Comcast. And I don't know of any soccer oriented programming they have, because I would definitely pay to see LFC play.

BlackNinja

How'd your parents die?
Jan 25, 2006
Miami
try to get digital cable if you stick with comcast, I have, and foxsoccerchannel is on it. call them and ask for the extra subscription that comes with fsc. I wish i had the reception to get satellite, cause it would wind up being cheaper than comcast

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
try to get digital cable if you stick with comcast, I have, and foxsoccerchannel is on it. call them and ask for the extra subscription that comes with fsc. I wish i had the reception to get satellite, cause it would wind up being cheaper than comcast
I have digital, I didn't know there was a FSC you could subscribe to though. I'll have to get that.

BlackNinja

How'd your parents die?
Jan 25, 2006
Miami
ask for it(the channel) by name, it comes in a package with a few other shit channels, altogether in miami, my bill with digital, hbo, and fsc is like 95/month, comcast sucks

Standby

Better Than [you]
Wackbag Staff
Sep 8, 2005
Arlington, VA
Not such a great day today :(
Everything BUT getting it in the back of the net. That was so infuriating to watch. That looked like one of the many draws that caused us to drop the title to Chelsea two years ago.

Oh, and people wondering how we watch these. I have Comcast, which has a sports tier for $5 extra, well worth it for Fox Soccer Channel and GolTV (and the three Fox college sports channels among others, good for some college basketball as well).

As for Setanta, and FAZ, this may help you, since it sounds like you have Comcast. I bought a box called ITVN, which is also the name of the website. What it does is run from your modem to the box, into your TV through the RCA cables (white-yellow-red). It's basically an internet stream on your TV, it's certainly not digital cable, but any Setanta is better than none. And it's like $15 a month, which is what you'd pay for it if you had DirecTV.

Since the Premier League deal of last season where Setanta/FSC each get like 3 live games, I had to...
And you get a lot more Champions League games, since Comcast doesn't have ESPN Deportes either...

BeltOfScotch

I don't know what to write
Mar 26, 2005
THAT'S WHERE WE ARE!!!!
Everything BUT getting it in the back of the net. That was so infuriating to watch. That looked like one of the many draws that caused us to drop the title to Chelsea two years ago.
That and Rooney is out for two months with a broken foot.

Looks like Tevez alone up front for a while, although hopefully Saha or Solskjaer can get healthy quick because I have always thought the team was much stronger with two strikers up front.

boombots

Oct 4, 2004
Lodi, NJ
Good to see a new thread is born. Rough start for Rooney and Man Utd huh? I have Verizon Fios and watch games on FSC and GolTv, is the FSC schedule out that shows which Serie A games will be shown? Nice banner by the DCU supporters, but you're still scum. :action-sm

Sadly I wont be able to make this game. I have the worst luck, my future sister in law chose that day to get married. However I was able to sell my 6 tickets only for 600$.

Status
Not open for further replies.