Wackbag's Catch-All Basketball Thread

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
I figured it was about time to let the old thread die and move on.

Currently watching the Pelicans make a comeback against the Lakers. It's still weird to call them the Pelicans.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
Jesus, how does Anthony Davis miss that dunk?

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Saw a really good 6th grade CYO game the other day.

Haeder

South Dakota
Klay Thompson just crushed everyone in the 3 point shootout. Steph Curry had to settle for second. Some other guy got third.

somnarium

deftones or somefuckin' body
The ending of that National Championship game was legitimately great. And I'm all for North Carolina losing, just because fuck the poser, douche-bro wing of their fanbase.

Haeder

South Dakota
Stupid west coast games!

Steph Curry has five 3s in the first quarter and it's already past buddy bye time.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
If Utah wasn't fighting for a playoff spot, I'd suspect a soft defense for Kobe.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator
Dear Houston Rockets:

On Thursday night and Sunday afternoon, you may feel a slight sting. That's pride fucking with you. Fuck pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps. In games 3 and 4 you go down.

Stephen Adams looks like he should be impaling Ottomans on the battlefield instead of running up and down a basketball court.

Haeder

South Dakota
Dear Houston Rockets:

On Thursday night and Sunday afternoon, you may feel a slight sting. That's pride fucking with you. Fuck pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps. In games 3 and 4 you go down.

Stephen Adams looks like he should be impaling Ottomans on the battlefield instead of running up and down a basketball court.
Screen grab from TNT. Haha. Fuck you Houston.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator
Jesus. Yes they do.

I think they would have beaten Golden State last year if they had been healthy.
But here is the question. Would they still be playing the same way they are now. Its become quite clear that this team (mostly Lebron) tuned David Blatt out. Somehow Tyronn Lue (once again mostly Lebron) got this team to buy into his philosophy.

Or will the team that muddled along for better part of this season show up against who ever wins the Western Conference.

DrewDown

All are welcome
Jesus. Yes they do.

I think they would have beaten Golden State last year if they had been healthy.
I'm not sure that's true. They hadn't yet synced up the way they have this year. LeBron was still being his old selfish, petulant self. The coach didn't connect with the players. There were plenty of issues for Golden State to exploit even if Love and Irving were healthy. I think they could have done better, but still lost. This year feels different.

First Miocic. Then the Cavs.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
The Raptors are shitting on the Cavs now. We will have to see how the second half goes. Love didn't do shit and Irving is 3-12 on shooting.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator
I like how Lebron flops even when gets hit by one of his own teammates.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
I realize they're down 13 points, but I still feel like the Cavs will turn it around and win. I have no faith in Toronto.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
So LeBron just switched the ball into the hand that wasn't being pushed down by the defender, right? He's undoubtedly a strong guy, but let's relax a little fellas.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Fucking raptors knocked the pacers out, so I want them to do well. Don't you always wind up rooting for the team that cockblocks yours?

"Yeah, my Team lost to Team X but Team X did..."

Cavs knocked it to single digits quickly.