OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Wackbag's Catch-All Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by HandPanzer, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein Infidel and White Interloper
    Wackbag Staff

Agreed. I also liked that I could watch the Villanova-centered broadcast on TruTV.

2. HandPanzer

HandPanzer in situ

Am I fucking crazy, or do they pump in shoe squeak noises?

3. HandPanzer

HandPanzer in situ

Has to be one of the most dominant runs in history. Just outclassed everyone.

4. Haeder

Haeder South Dakota

I think the noise was real - just better audio production with a bajillion dollar event.

5. Jacuzzi Billy

Jacuzzi Billy Watching PTI
    Donator

I think this is the year Lebron goes down in the East. The hip pick is Philly but I'm taking Toronto.

I'll stick with the Warriors in the West.

6. Stormrider666

Stormrider666 Hell is home.

At one point during the season, I bought into the hype about Raptors. How this year, Derozen and Lowry had bought into what Dwayne Casey was selling and things were going to be different. But then they got beat twice by the Cavs in the span of 2 weeks and it reminded me of a post I made back in January:

Its that time of year again. The Cavs are struggling. They're holding player only meetings where Kevin Love is the whipping boy. Lebron is being passive aggressive and cryptic about his future. Lue is on the hot seat. We have seen this movie before and it somehow ends with the Cavs beating three straight opponents on their way to the NBA finals.

As much as I would love to see Lebron go down in the East, I just don't think its happening this year.

As for the West, I have come to despise the Warriors. But I still don't trust the Rockets.

So when it comes to the NBA finals, same shit, different year.

7. Jacuzzi Billy

Donator

You are probably right. Oh well, it's not like I really want to see a rockets and raptors final.

8. Stormrider666

Stormrider666 Hell is home.

I think a Rockets and Raptors final could be a fun watch. With Cavs and Warriors, my rooting interest boils down to which team do I hate the least.

9. Haeder

Haeder South Dakota

Rockets year.

They're in a close game one with Minnesota right now but I see them as the best team in the NBA.

Cavs have to pull their shit together or they won't make it out of the first round.

10. Jacuzzi Billy

Donator

You really think they can beat a healthy warriors team? I give them about a 10 percent chance if that. Regular season means nothing to the warriors at this point so them being the 2 doesn't mean much.

11. Haeder

Haeder South Dakota

Yeah. I think they can. Houston is better defensively than they were last year and they pushed Golden State hard this year in the regular season.