Wackbag's Catch-All Basketball Thread

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
The big German is gonna be a helluva pro but he was overwhelmed tonight.

Villanova dominates.

TBS/TNT covers basketball better than any other network.
Agreed. I also liked that I could watch the Villanova-centered broadcast on TruTV.

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
Am I fucking crazy, or do they pump in shoe squeak noises?

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
Won all their tourney games by double digits including those last two crushings. Amazing team.
Has to be one of the most dominant runs in history. Just outclassed everyone.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
I think this is the year Lebron goes down in the East. The hip pick is Philly but I'm taking Toronto.

I'll stick with the Warriors in the West.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I think this is the year Lebron goes down in the East. The hip pick is Philly but I'm taking Toronto.

I'll stick with the Warriors in the West.

At one point during the season, I bought into the hype about Raptors. How this year, Derozen and Lowry had bought into what Dwayne Casey was selling and things were going to be different. But then they got beat twice by the Cavs in the span of 2 weeks and it reminded me of a post I made back in January:

Its that time of year again. The Cavs are struggling. They're holding player only meetings where Kevin Love is the whipping boy. Lebron is being passive aggressive and cryptic about his future. Lue is on the hot seat. We have seen this movie before and it somehow ends with the Cavs beating three straight opponents on their way to the NBA finals.

As much as I would love to see Lebron go down in the East, I just don't think its happening this year.

As for the West, I have come to despise the Warriors. But I still don't trust the Rockets.

So when it comes to the NBA finals, same shit, different year.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
At one point during the season, I bought into the hype about Raptors. How this year, Derozen and Lowry had bought into what Dwayne Casey was selling and things were going to be different. But then they got beat twice by the Cavs in the span of 2 weeks and it reminded me of a post I made back in January:

Its that time of year again. The Cavs are struggling. They're holding player only meetings where Kevin Love is the whipping boy. Lebron is being passive aggressive and cryptic about his future. Lue is on the hot seat. We have seen this movie before and it somehow ends with the Cavs beating three straight opponents on their way to the NBA finals.

As much as I would love to see Lebron go down in the East, I just don't think its happening this year.

As for the West, I have come to despise the Warriors. But I still don't trust the Rockets.

So when it comes to the NBA finals, same shit, different year.
You are probably right. Oh well, it's not like I really want to see a rockets and raptors final.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
You are probably right. Oh well, it's not like I really want to see a rockets and raptors final.
I think a Rockets and Raptors final could be a fun watch. With Cavs and Warriors, my rooting interest boils down to which team do I hate the least.

Haeder

South Dakota
Mar 30, 2005
Rockets year.

They're in a close game one with Minnesota right now but I see them as the best team in the NBA.

Cavs have to pull their shit together or they won't make it out of the first round.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
Rockets year.

They're in a close game one with Minnesota right now but I see them as the best team in the NBA.

Cavs have to pull their shit together or they won't make it out of the first round.
You really think they can beat a healthy warriors team? I give them about a 10 percent chance if that. Regular season means nothing to the warriors at this point so them being the 2 doesn't mean much.

Haeder

South Dakota
Mar 30, 2005
You really think they can beat a healthy warriors team? I give them about a 10 percent chance if that. Regular season means nothing to the warriors at this point so them being the 2 doesn't mean much.
Yeah. I think they can. Houston is better defensively than they were last year and they pushed Golden State hard this year in the regular season.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
I figured the Cavs would win by 30 today. Instead, they are in a dog fight at home vs the Pacers. Even if they win today, it would seem they are in trouble.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I figured the Cavs would win by 30 today. Instead, they are in a dog fight at home vs the Pacers. Even if they win today, it would seem they are in trouble.
With the future looking bright for the Celtics and 76ers, its now or never for the Raptors. If they don't beat the Cavs and advance to Conference finals, then they have officially hit their ceiling and all there ever going to be is a very good regular season team. Which is not a bad thing in the long run since it keeps basketball relevant in Toronto.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I want to amend my previous post. Basketball is already irrelevant in Toronto.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
Congrats to the Toronto coach for winning coach of the year...oh wait, he was fired today.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
I almost came on here before the game and picked the Celtics to win the series but I figured I should abstain after I picked Toronto. I'm still not convinced the Celtics will win but it would sure make me happy.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I almost came on here before the game and picked the Celtics to win the series but I figured I should abstain after I picked Toronto. I'm still not convinced the Celtics will win but it would sure make me happy.
I don't know how the rest of this series is going to play out, but it was just refreshing seeing a team not shit its pants because its on the same floor as Lebron James.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
The Sixers are interested in signing Lebron and trading for Kawhi. Who would they trade for Kawhi? If it's a player and not picks, Simmons would seem like the logical choice since him and Lebron are so similar.

That brings me to my question, would you trade Simmons for anyone in the league right now? I don't think I would.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
The Sixers are interested in signing Lebron and trading for Kawhi. Who would they trade for Kawhi? If it's a player and not picks, Simmons would seem like the logical choice since him and Lebron are so similar.

That brings me to my question, would you trade Simmons for anyone in the league right now? I don't think I would.
If the Sixers sign Lebron, they should trade Simmons for Kawhi. By signing James, you're basically saying its his team for the next 4-5 years and you would therefore be stunting Simmon's growth as a player.

As for your question, I wouldn't trade Simmons for anyone. If I'm 76ers, I would just wait until Kawhi becomes a free agent to sign him.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
If the Sixers sign Lebron, they should trade Simmons for Kawhi. By signing James, you're basically saying its his team for the next 4-5 years and you would therefore be stunting Simmon's growth as a player.

As for your question, I wouldn't trade Simmons for anyone. If I'm 76ers, I would just wait until Kawhi becomes a free agent to sign him.
You think Lebron has 4-5 prime Lebron years left? I know he hasn't slowed down yet but I think the wall is coming.