Wanna help the 17 year old who got 10 years for a BJ?

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
this kid was going to get a football scholarship for college from what i heard. and they took his life away from him over this. fucking prosecutor should be stomped to death.

Zona.... I think its a silly law... but he wouldnt of been prosecuted in the first place #1 he didnt video it, #2 he was her boyfriend, #3 he wasnt pulling a train with his buddys.

one of them? yeah, mayby... I know I would never take advantage of a drunk girl... I know that its bad news. especialy a 15 year old... so yeah,,, what he did wasnt clean cut 15 -17 year old relations... sounds more like a rap video.

and the consentual sex was with a 17 year old who did it will fully... the 15 year old was shown passed out on the hotel bathroom floor earlier in the vid... then later blowing this guy..

So dont turn my good mood in helping this guy into a racial bunch of shit...

those boys ( color regardless) did something pretty stupid.

I hate this kids paying the price... but at the same time BLACK culture has little girls thinking acting like a slut is what they are suppose to do... so go blow.

come to think of it... forget it... do not sign shit.... let em rot... as usual thanklessly crying poor us.You dont even know the facts. you didnt even read the whole story... its cause hes black is all your brain needs to spout off.

I'd just like to say as the guy who started the racial angle of this thread that I was completely joking, it's a ridiculous law, the guy should be released, and I signed the petetion.

Aparently there's quite a few "don't get the joke" ass holes trolling lately. The fact that people took what we were saying as anything more than a joke makes me fucking sick.

When Al Sharpton starts stepping up for white people then I'll start stepping up for blacks.
Dude, I used to think the same thing. I did a little research and it turns out, he does. The media just wont cover it because it wont get them viewers. I found out Sharpton only gets coverage when the media considers him conterversial...(sp?).

U believe what the media tells you to believe...that is funny.

I'd just like to say as the guy who started the racial angle of this thread that I was completely joking, it's a ridiculous law, the guy should be released, and I signed the petetion.

Aparently there's quite a few "don't get the joke" ass holes trolling lately. The fact that people took what we were saying as anything more than a joke makes me fucking sick.
The only problem is, it seems lately you can't tell who is joking and who is serious on this board. I have always said I'm up for racial humor, but some people don't know what the idea of joke is and line seems to blending between joking and outright racist bullshit.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
this kid was going to get a football scholarship for college from what i heard. and they took his life away from him over this. fucking prosecutor should be stomped to death.
Yeah, this isn't the 1st time a prosecutor has refused to back down from
a bad call that they've made. The whole thing is very questionable as to
wether a real crime was committed.

FAngel

I Drink YOUR Milkshake!
I believe Filming the act was the cause of all of his troubles.
Exactly. This wouldn't even be a situation if the kid or any of his dumb friends hadn't started taping. I don't know if it was his camera, but if it wasn't, he should have been smart enough to say "turn that fucking thing off."

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
The Georgia Supreme Court heard the case on Friday:

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/atlanta/stories/2007/07/20/wilson_0721_web5.html

Georgia Supreme Court hears Genarlow Wilson case
High court expected to rule within weeks

By JEFFRY SCOTT
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 07/20/07

The legal and political drama of the Genarlow Wilson case played out before the Georgia Supreme Court on Friday, as justices heard arguments for and against the release of the Douglas County man serving 10 years in prison for having consensual oral sex as a teenager.

Dozens of Wilson supporters — including Rev. Joseph Lowery and State Sen. Vincent Fort, who have campaigned for Wilson's release — looked on as lawyers debated a case that has drawn national attention.

The Supreme Court must decide whether a lower court judge's decision to free Wilson will stand, despite an appeal by Georgia Attorney General Thurbert Baker. The high court also is being asked to allow Wilson to be freed on bond while Baker's appeal is pending.

A ruling isn't likely before September, a court spokeswoman said.

Justices peppered lawyers with questions during the hourlong hearing, none more vigorously than Chief Justice Leah Ward Sears. She asked in a loud voice at the close of the state's argument: "Where's the justice?"

Senior Assistant Attorney General Paula K. Smith responded that there was a victim in the case — "a 15-year-old child" with whom Wilson had sex when he was 17, during a 2003 New Year's Eve party where drugs and alcohol were present.

Sears countered that the felony violation that Wilson was convicted of in April 2004, aggravated child molestation, became a misdemeanor after a 2005 change. Conviction now carries a maximum sentence of 12 months, not 10 years.

Sears asked again, sharply: "Where's the justice?"

Smith said it's not up to the Supreme Court to decide where the justice is in the case, or whether Wilson should be released because the law changed after his conviction.

"It is the Georgia Legislature's job to do that," said Smith. "We're simply here asking you to uphold the law."

The exchange summarized a case that has wound through the courts of both law and public opinion while Wilson has sat in prison three years and calls for his release have grown louder.

The case reached the Supreme Court after Monroe County Superior Court Judge Thomas Wilson ruled last month that Genarlow Wilson was the victim of cruel and unusual punishment and ordered his release. Baker immediately appealed, blocking Wilson's release.

Two weeks later, Douglas County Superior Court judge David Emerson refused to release Wilson from prison on bond while the case is under appeal.

Wilson's attorney, B.J. Bernstein, argued Friday that Emerson applied the wrong state law and Wilson should be free while the case runs its course.

"Every day a defendant spends in jail is a precious day of his life," Bernstein told the seven justices. "That kind of hit home with me in the last ten days," she added, "when two clients of mine died in prison."

Douglas County District Attorney David McDade, who prosecuted Wilson, cited state codes in arguing that Emerson ruled correctly. He also said the Supreme Court lacks authority to rule on bond in Wilson's case.

"No appeal bond shall be granted to any person who is convicted of a list of crimes, and aggravated child molestation is included in that list," said McDade. "It's not vague. It's not gray. It's not subject to interpretation. It is the plain letter of the law that applies in this case."

Smith then took the floor to argue against the state court ruling reducing Wilson's crime to a misdemeanor, in keeping with the revised state law. If the ruling stands, his sentence will be cut from 10 years to one, and he'll be released on time served.

"Mr. Wilson's sentence is not cruel and unusual punishment," said Smith, adding that the Monroe County judge made a mistake when he "resentenced" Wilson.

"I think he could have gone farther and discharged him," said Smith. "But he went so far as to amend an original sentence," and therefore overstepped his authority.

Smith said Wilson's release "could potentially affect hundreds of other cases," prompting a flood of appeals from sex offenders. "They may be here before you saying their cases are cruel and unusual punishment."

Bernstein said the state exaggerates that threat, which she said can be prevented if the justices focus their decision so it applies only to teenagers in prison for consensual sex.

"I don't think you'll open the floodgates that release adult pedophiles . . ." said Bernstein, adding that she wasn't aware of any other teens prison in Georgia for consensual sex with another teenager.

Outside the courthouse, where about 100 reporters gathered, Bernstein was flanked by Wilson's mother and younger sister. The lawyer said she was grateful the court agreed to hear the case.

Wilson's mother, Juanessa Bennett, said she hadn't slept the night before but hoped to get some rest this weekend. She said she's praying for her son's release. "I'm definitely going to stay prayed up," she said.

State Rep. Fort, who spoke at an NAACP rally for Wilson's cause last weekend, and who staged a candlelight vigil Thursday night, said he was encouraged by Sears' questions.

"Where is the justice?" he said, rhetorically. "We've reached a point where after three years of disappointments we may finally get justice."

AngryPest

Exactly. This wouldn't even be a situation if the kid or any of his dumb friends hadn't started taping. I don't know if it was his camera, but if it wasn't, he should have been smart enough to say "turn that fucking thing off."
This sort of thing happens all the time.

About two months ago I was going into a CVS Pharmacy behind a group of High School kids (15-16ish). All white, middle class. Pretty even mix of girls and guys. The didn’t see me behind them. One girl (of course she’s wearing a cheerleader outfit) states that she and this guy next to her were going to have sex. She said it just like they were just going to hang out. One guy (real geeky) asks if he can tape it and she says yes. They all make plans to meet at her place that evening.

All I could think of was, damn did I grow up in the wrong decade.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Smith said Wilson's release "could potentially affect hundreds of other cases," prompting a flood of appeals from sex offenders. "They may be here before you saying their cases are cruel and unusual punishment."
heres the problem... when they do shit like this and get called on it... its a clusterfuck of hundreds of old cases. Its not as easy as just " ok, we fucked up, let the kid out" It's not cool to make him suffer for their stupidity, of going by the letter of the law and not JUDGING!

I feel one huge problem in todays courts is that people arent getting heard case by case,,, these courts are bogged down with so much bullshit,.,, they cant properly judge cases. So they just go to he safe bet.... " mandatory sentences, not giving treatment to obvious differences in cases.

because they fucked up in this scenario,,, its fuck this kid over or let out hundreds of assholes.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Dude, I used to think the same thing. I did a little research and it turns out, he does. The media just wont cover it because it wont get them viewers. I found out Sharpton only gets coverage when the media considers him conterversial...(sp?).

U believe what the media tells you to believe...that is funny.
Feel free to PM me some LEGITIMATE links to articles about the whiteys Sharpton is standing up for.