Movie Warcraft (Based on World of Warcraft) 6|10|16

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
So I saw a quick peek at this film yesterday. Interesting. Not sure how well it'll transfer into film.

Evilton

Why do black people call each other "Monica"?
Oct 1, 2006
any one still play?

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
i do and i think the game is currently the best it has ever been, but i've been far too lazy to dig up the wow thread only to have Yesterdays Hero say how much it still sucks :action-sm
Dunno. Tapped out when Kung Fu Panda was announced. With all the overhauls to the talent trees so it's more 'user friendly' ala Diablo 3? No thank you.

I'm sure it's pretty, but the exact same graphics engine from late 2004? Cmon. Sorry. I just can't.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
What stars are in it?

TallBaby

Unregistered User .
Sep 9, 2005
Dallas, TX
Starring Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter as the Undead

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
I honestly always wondered why there wasn't a movie based on Warcraft. It might be a little late but still not too late. If they had done this at WoW's pinnacle it could have been utter shit and still raked the money in. Now it might have to be decent but still there are millions of people that play the game and if half of them buy a ticket it will turn a profit depending on spending.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Director Duncan Jones Discusses Orcs, ILM's Involvement in Warcraft
Share.
Hulk helped influenced movie's orcs.
By Cassidee MoserDirector Duncan Jones recently opened up about the filming of his 2016 film Warcraft, revealing more about the filming process and his crew.

Wired reports that ILM wanted to be involved with the VFX work for Warcraft, departing from their typical work for the chance to try something new and exercise their abilities as special effects creators.

"(For) ILM, this was an opportunity to show they are still the best in the world at special effects,” Jones said.

While filming, Jones recalls being more preoccupied with directing performances, leaving the motion-capture work to VFX supervisor Bill Westenhoefer and ILM's Jeff White and Jason Smith.

Warcraft Movie: Orgrim Doomhammer Officially Revealed - IGN News
00:50
Jones was especially interested in White's involvement with the creation of Warcraft's orcs, as White worked on the design and creation of The Hulk in Marvel's The Avengers.

"[White] absolutely nailed that character, and orcs feel like they may have some of the same genetic background as the Hulk,” Jones said, then adding that White's love for World of Warcraft made him a great candidate for the job.

Warcraft is currently in post-production and opens in June 2016. It is said to focus on the conflict between two tribes, and images of actor Robert Kazinsky in character has shown us what the orcs will look like in the film.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05...s-discusses-orcs-ilms-involvement-in-warcraft

DiggerNick

Donator
Oct 9, 2012
Your sister's underwear drawer
The only thing that interests me about this is how awesome they will allow Travis Fimmel to be.

He is, without question, the most charismatic leading man of our time. Stop being coy, you assholes.Release a fucking trailer!

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Birf Duncan Jones!

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
In some thread, I talked about how disappointing it is that Duncan Jones has been spending years doing this when he should really be something something else.

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
In some thread, I talked about how disappointing it is that Duncan Jones has been spending years doing this when he should really be something something else.
I guess the same could be said for the people who play WOW.

AlanSmithee

Oct 11, 2012
The only thing that interests me about this is how awesome they will allow Travis Fimmel to be.

He is, without question, the most charismatic leading man of our time. Stop being coy, you assholes.Release a fucking trailer!

It's not out for another year, but I wouldn't be shocked if we see something at Comic Con in August. Then we should get a full trailer in October/November.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
I honestly always wondered why there wasn't a movie based on Warcraft. It might be a little late but still not too late. If they had done this at WoW's pinnacle it could have been utter shit and still raked the money in. Now it might have to be decent but still there are millions of people that play the game and if half of them buy a ticket it will turn a profit depending on spending.
I've always gotten the impression that Blizzard didn't play well with others. They were only partial members of the ESA, and skipped E3 for a few years, IIRC. They seemed to have a case if "not made here". It's worked for them, no doubt. They're incredibly successful. But they always seemed to be a closed shop, from what my buddy (former ESA lobbyist) told me.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
I could have sworn I saw a trailer for this when I went to see Mad Max.
Can't find it on the internets though.

DiggerNick

Donator
Oct 9, 2012
Your sister's underwear drawer
I could have sworn I saw a trailer for this when I went to see Mad Max.
Can't find it on the internets though.
Highly unlikely. Unless they were doing a trailer test screening, which they actually do.

I don't think you'll be seeing anything from this until Comic Con.

Dec 12, 2007
That was me and you talking in the new spiderman thread. I would post a link but I'm lazy.