Warehouse shooting in Aurora, Ill.

ysr50

Donator
They say it was a handgun without specifying what sort of pistol. Was it a revolver (my favorite guns BTW), was it a semi auto like a 1911 or a glock? I'm guessing they'll suggest it's the ultimate evil, an AR-15 pistol, if they choose to report speculation and not facts. And yes the AR pistol is a real thing with lots of law abiding owners out there, I think @Shootr has one.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
They say it was a handgun without specifying what sort of pistol. Was it a revolver (my favorite guns BTW), was it a semi auto like a 1911 or a glock? I'm guessing they'll suggest it's the ultimate evil, an AR-15 pistol, if they choose to report speculation and not facts. And yes the AR pistol is a real thing with lots of law abiding owners out there, I think @Shootr has one.
With the custom holster...and laser...(wasn't me...)

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt

Plant Manager ✔️
HR Manager ✔️
The mold operator might have been his supervisor or just some dick that kept taking stuff out of his lunch without asking. The other two were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

lajikal

I get a lot of police departments are overloaded, but come on do your fuckin job.

Ms Ziman said Martin had bought a gun in 2014 before authorities realised he had a conviction from 1994.

She said police were investigating why he had not been forced to give it up.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
I get a lot of police departments are overloaded, but come on do your fuckin job.

I was watching a show on the Detroit Gang Unit and wondered how anything got done in that department, they're 80% black.

ysr50

Donator
1911 or fuck your mother
I like my Colt 1911, I still have trouble with all the monkey motion of a semi auto, which is why I prefer a revolver. I'm more likely to hit a target with 6 rounds of .44 than I am with 7 of .45 or even 10 of .40. I also am only a hobbyist, I don't shoot things as a part of my job.

MurphCO

Enough of this palaver
Donator
I am a very good shot.

I got big ass hands too, so a 1911 45ACP fits very nicely

S&W fordy, oh also felon on possession of a firearm. He had a previous felony from MS. That didn't show up when he got his FOID card but did when he applied for a CCW.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

lajikal

Oof. Good riddance. Beat his ex with a baseball bat.

“All I can remember is him hitting and kicking me, I can remember fighting and screaming for help. I remember him pushing my head into that brick wall outside the apartment and thinking that he was going to kill me,” the woman told police in Mississippi in 1994, according to court records.

The incident led to Martin’s arrest. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to five years in prison, though records show he served less than three years. He later moved to Aurora, Ill., where he spent 15 years working at a warehouse, where he was able to buy a gun despite his felony record, and where, on Friday afternoon, violence erupted again.

Curious why he wasnt denied the FOID card in the first place. Or when he bought the pistol in the second place.

Last edited:

lajikal

Curious why he wasnt denied the FOID card in the first place. Or when he bought the pistol in the second place.

The initial fuckup might've been because the felony crime was committed in a different state. I assume they also look at a federal registry system but don't know if that was the case here.

As far as the second fuckup was likely due to being bitches and not wanting to retrieve a weapon. I'm guessing they use US Marshals if need be. But this is just speculation.

The initial fuckup might've been because the felony crime was committed in a different state. I assume they also look at a federal registry system but don't know if that was the case here.

As far as the second fuckup was likely due to being bitches and not wanting to retrieve a weapon. I'm guessing they use US Marshals if need be. But this is just speculation.
Ya when I bought pistols in NH or ME, they take a photocopy of my DL and then I fill out a ATF Form that is run through the federal system. One would think the same would happy in gun law happy IL.

lajikal

Ya when I bought pistols in NH or ME, they take a photocopy of my DL and then I fill out a ATF Form that is run through the federal system. One would think the same would happy in gun law happy IL.
Yup also read that only about 4,000 of 11,000 such cases voluntarily turned in their weapons in 2017. So there's little if any follow-up and big backlog.

Yup also read that only about 4,000 of 11,000 such cases voluntarily turned in their weapons in 2017. So there's little if any follow-up and big backlog.
Plus from what I have seen on COPs and LivePD felons really like having guns on them...