Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Fund started!

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
I just pledged $30.

They are only 130,000 right now. I think they need at least One million in 30 days.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2

This is a video Fargo made about trying to get funding to get the game made.

[video=youtube;WFk3fdMVHug]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WFk3fdMVHug[/video]

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005
At this point how do you think this will be differentiated from the fallout series?

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
At this point how do you think this will be differentiated from the fallout series?
It's going to be based on what fallout was built off of. It's also going to be more strategy oriented.

Razer, the company that makes pc game accessories donated ten grand.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
In some ways it will be a lot like Fallout 1 and 2. In game play it will be a top down isometric game, turn based. You will have a party or squad instead of a single follower like in the Fallout games. In combat I'm guessing it will play out sort of like the original XCOM games. It's going to be a sandboxed open world with Moral consequences for your actions, like Fallout. This will be an old school RPG without Cut Scenes or Hack and slash game play. It should run on very low powered computers. I'm guessing it will be an easy port to Hand-Held devices like Android Phones and Tablets. This is a very niche game and it won't be for 90 percent of the gamer's out there, even old school ones. This is being made for the PC, so other platforms are an unknown for the moment.

$750K and climbing!

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
$940K Goal Reached, Game is gonna be made. another 60k and Brian Fargo doesn't have to put any of his own money into the project.

bryanswafford

Its the revolution Maaannnnnnn
Oct 28, 2005
Kentucky

$940K!!! You idoit, get back in there and Sell, Sell, Sell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had the original Wasteland on the Apple IIe and loved it, this is good news.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
$1,019,755 It's all gravy now. More content and bigger voice acting budget.
Now we have to wait. They are looking at a release date of possibly October 2013.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
$1,251,726

Only about $200,000 yesterday so it's slowed down since it hit the Million mark. They have 30 more days to go, but I'm betting it doesn't reach 2 million. They need 1.5 to get a Linux and Mac version.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
$1,569,031 with 22 days left.

They now have a budget for IOS/Mac, and Linux computers and Devices. Also, more game content. At the rate it has slowed down, they will be lucky to make another 100,000.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
They're getting the band back together!
inXile and Obsidian could collaborate on Wasteland 2
InXile Entertainment, founded by Brian Fargo of Interplay fame (during its PC RPG glory days, anyway), has already hit its original Kickstarter crowdfunding target for Wasteland 2 development earlier this month. Yet the war chest grows and is nearing $2 million USD with over two weeks left into the campaign.

In case you were still on the fence over donating to the cause, inXile today sweetens the deal. The studio reveals it has reached an agreement with Fallout: New Vegas developer Obsidian Entertainment to receive design assistance for Wasteland 2, but only if the amount of Kickstarter pledges can hit over $2.1 million USD.

Interplay veteran Chris Avellone, currently working at Obsidian as Chief Creative Officer, has already been named as one such hired gun willing to take part in Wasteland 2 development. Avellone and Fargo had previously worked together on classic Interplay titles including Planescape: Torment and of course, the early Fallout games. Avellone himself is stoked at the prospects of teaming up with Fargo again to work on the "godfather of post-apocalyptic RPGs":

"Wasteland is one of my favorite RPGs of all time, and when Brian asked if I wanted to work on the sequel, I jumped at the chance. While I’ve worked on Fallout 2 and Fallout: New Vegas, getting the chance to work on the spiritual predecessor to the Fallout franchise is a honor."

Fargo reassures that no matter how many friends they decide to bring in from Obsidian, the core development work remains in the hands of inXile to better manage the project. Wasteland 2 would certainly be enjoying good company with the likes of Avellone lending a helping hand nevertheless, but that will depend on how quickly the Kickstarter drive manages to collect another $400,000 USD over the next 17 days (at time of writing).
http://www.neoseeker.com/news/18722-inxile-and-obsidian-could-collaborate-on-wasteland-2/

They are at $1,824,165 with 16 days to go, so the $2.1 million isn't that far off. I didn't think it would get past $1.7.