We finally tell Pakistan to go fuck themselves....

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
HUNTING AL-QAEDA
Unilateral Strike Called a Model For U.S. Operations in Pakistan

By Joby Warrick and Robin Wright
Washington Post Staff Writers
Tuesday, February 19, 2008; Page A01

In the predawn hours of Jan. 29, a CIA Predator aircraft flew in a slow arc above the Pakistani town of Mir Ali. The drone's operator, relying on information secretly passed to the CIA by local informants, clicked a computer mouse and sent the first of two Hellfire missiles hurtling toward a cluster of mud-brick buildings a few miles from the town center.

The missiles killed Abu Laith al-Libi, a senior al-Qaeda commander and a man who had repeatedly eluded the CIA's dragnet. It was the first successful strike against al-Qaeda's core leadership in two years, and it involved, U.S. officials say, an unusual degree of autonomy by the CIA inside Pakistan.

Having requested the Pakistani government's official permission for such strikes on previous occasions, only to be put off or turned down, this time the U.S. spy agency did not seek approval. The government of Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf was notified only as the operation was underway, according to the officials, who insisted on anonymity because of diplomatic sensitivities.

Officials say the incident was a model of how Washington often scores its rare victories these days in the fight against al-Qaeda inside Pakistan's national borders: It acts with assistance from well-paid sympathizers inside the country, but without getting the government's formal permission beforehand.

It is an approach that some U.S. officials say could be used more frequently this year, particularly if a power vacuum results from yesterday's election and associated political tumult. The administration also feels an increased sense of urgency about undermining al-Qaeda before President Bush leaves office, making it less hesitant, said one official familiar with the incident....
The story is a bit to long to post here, so the rest can be found here

It's about goddamn time we quit letting that piece of shit country throw hurdle after hurdle at us, while not doing one fucking thing to help us as an 'ally'. This is the type of shit should have been happening all along.

Aizazzle

I always have a plan
Jul 27, 2006
Philly
Yeah let's start another war, this time a country that has nuclear weapons. Very smart move...

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
Yeah let's start another war, this time a country that has nuclear weapons. Very smart move...
He's not even able to control his own country effectively. I think on that alone a war with the US isn't likely.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
this again. IT ISNT A NEW WAR. it is the same war as afghanistan. We are dealing the same enemy, in the same location. there just happens to be a border in it.

Treat_Yourself

Nov 17, 2006
Our war is with Al Qaeda. They started the war, we're not starting a damn thing. If Pakistan decides to throw in with the terrorists it becomes our enemy too.

Aizazzle

I always have a plan
Jul 27, 2006
Philly
Going into a country and attacking it with Hellfire missles isn't very smart, especially when your biggest ally in the aforementioned country (Musharraf) is going to be ousted in a few months.

He's not even able to control his own country effectively. I think on that alone a war with the US isn't likely.
Musharraf is going to be ousted very soon by the coalition of PPPP and PML(N). PML (N) is in fact very anti-American, and they are the second leading party in the country. All you are doing is riling the Pakistan population up by attacking their country, and sooner or later their leaders are going to be forced to act on the Anti-American sentiment.

IT ISNT A NEW WAR. it is the same war as afghanistan. We are dealing the same enemy, in the same location. there just happens to be a border in it.
Pakistan is going to be a bit harder than Afghanistan..

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
Musharraf is going to be ousted very soon by the coalition of PPPP and PML(N). PML (N) is in fact very anti-American, and they are the second leading party in the country. All you are doing is riling the Pakistan population up by attacking their country, and sooner or later their leaders are going to be forced to act on the Anti-American sentiment.
Outside of Musharraf, there is nothing but anti-American sentiment in Pakistan. Even with Musharraf, the only reason they call themselves allies is so the checks keep coming in. If Musharraf was such a USA loving person he'd have taken one of the hundreds of reports and/or offers of assistance we gave him on the where-abouts of some of these assholes and done something other than file it in the trashcan under his desk.

Of course that's also working on the premise that he didn't/doesn't know the where-abouts of these people already. Now considering he's be documented as using terrorist connections to do certain political bidding of his, I'd say he's known all along where they are (considering he's got no problem rounding up the occasional Al Qaeda paperboy as appeasement) and has strung us out for years all to keep his US Govt. aid packages coming on schedule.

As for the hatred seen by the Pakistanis towards Americans, what is of more concern. One or two air strikes in remote and practically uninhabited mountains just on the boarder (it's not like we're talking about a building in downtown Karachi), or backing of a WIDELY hated and corrupt Pakistani president.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Pakistan isnt going to even try a shooting war with the us firmly entrenched in Afghanistan and the indians with there fingers on the button, my biggest worry is them putting anthrax or small pox in the donuts, and squishys

bill333

Go Screw!
Mar 23, 2005
Orange County,NY - Hudson Valley
after 9/11 didn't Bush say, "You're either with us or against us in the fight against terror."

For some odd reason, I watched a show on 9/11 again and it pissed me off all over again. These fucking sand monkeys come right out and say there will be no distinction between killing military people and regular citizens. We spend a lot of money trying not to hit their citizens but these fucknuts don't give a shit.

PDX909

May 12, 2007
Portland, OR
Yeah, it's all well and good until we blow up a fucking school or hospital on sovereign soil uninvited because we were given shitty intel.. Then the US and all the friends of the US, which is basically the UK are going to have a big fucking problem with militant Paki's.. and basically the rest of the world. Unless this kind of action is sanctioned via 'back channels' we have no right taking this kind of action. Before you bash me.... I think it had to be done, but IMO it was wreckless.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
It's about time to ignore those motherfuckers. They have been saying "No" to our operations to weed out those terrorists for years. Fuck em. They are afraid of those armed clans and war lords in the North and they are too afraid to go in there with their military.

I just hope that they can kill Osama before the election to help out McCain so more people won't be swayed by the bullshit non-message that Barack yaps about with all of the dummy college kids and housewives following along saying "change."

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Yeah, it's all well and good until we blow up a fucking school or hospital on sovereign soil uninvited because we were given shitty intel.. Then the US and all the friends of the US, which is basically the UK are going to have a big fucking problem with militant Paki's.. and basically the rest of the world. Unless this kind of action is sanctioned via 'back channels' we have no right taking this kind of action. Before you bash me.... I think it had to be done, but IMO it was wreckless.
Fuck 'em. If the Pakis had cleaned their own house, we wouldn't have to. Pakistan isn't going to start any shit with us, they are less able to fight us then the Taliban was. The paki military are as likely to start fighting each other as they are us.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
It's about time to ignore those motherfuckers. They have been saying "No" to our operations to weed out those terrorists for years. Fuck em. They are afraid of those armed clans and war lords in the North and they are too afraid to go in there with their military.

I just hope that they can kill Osama before the election to help out McCain so more people won't be swayed by the bullshit non-message that Barack yaps about with all of the dummy college kids and housewives following along saying "change."

the big problem over there is they dont want a civil war on there hands sending the army in to "quell the clans" will turn into a blood bath on both sides, there not going to risk that to help us, they hate us why should they kill there own people to defend our way of life when they want nothing to do with it..... i hate to admit it but buy them bullshitting us there appeasing there more radical people. that are well armed and have the sympathy of the populace And dont forget the nuclear weapons they do have them and they dont have to point them at us to fuck up every thing

PDX909

May 12, 2007
Portland, OR
Fuck 'em. If the Pakis had cleaned their own house, we wouldn't have to. Pakistan isn't going to start any shit with us, they are less able to fight us then the Taliban was. The paki military are as likely to start fighting each other as they are us.
Not many people in the US realize how volatile the situation is in that region. Just 6 (or so) years ago India and Pakistan came a cunt hair away from going nuclear on each other and there was nothing that we could have done to stop it. The people there (mostly Pakistan) have grown up with no sense of the scale of what the outcome would be...but for the most part, wholly subscribe to the elimination, at all costs of their enemy... and I'm not even talking about terrorists, or our 'bogey men', I'm talking about age old feuds and conflicts between those two countries. Now we're talking about a country that in 2 or so years is going to have a really shaky government and we're fucking with them? and at the same time about to have a power change of our own that will withdraw troops from that region altogether? We're not the heroes here, we're troublemakers plain and simple.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Not many people in the US realize how volatile the situation is in that region. Just 6 (or so) years ago India and Pakistan came a cunt hair away from going nuclear on each other and there was nothing that we could have done to stop it. The people there (mostly Pakistan) have grown up with no sense of the scale of what the outcome would be...but for the most part, wholly subscribe to the elimination, at all costs of their enemy... and I'm not even talking about terrorists, or our 'bogey men', I'm talking about age old feuds and conflicts between those two countries. Now we're talking about a country that in 2 or so years is going to have a really shaky government and we're fucking with them? and at the same time about to have a power change of our own that will withdraw troops from that region altogether? We're not the heroes here, we're troublemakers plain and simple.
Bullshit. These terrorist fucks in Paki have to be taken care of and the government wont do it. So we have a choice, we can do it now while the government there is somewhat stable, or wait till later when the place is a powder keg. Better to do it now and possibly diffuse some of the problem before it gets too far.