Wedding attire

ianbobo

It's My Birthday!
Oct 4, 2004
South of Boston
OK - I have to go to my step-brothers wedding on Sunday - 2nd for him first for her. It's a night wedding at a nice country club but I'm not buying a suit for one wedding. Any suggestions on what I can get away with.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005

SUPER SPERM!!!

D

Dani0524

I say a shirt and tie and black dress pants. When I got married, there were some people there not wearing a suit jacket and my wedding was very elegant and on a Saturday night. Good luck!

demonseed

Lingering since 1999
Oct 4, 2004
Morris Plains, New Jersey
Its an evening wedding at a nice country club. If you dont want to wear a suit, wear a nice pair of black dress pants, and a shirt and tie. ALso, if you have a nice dark sport jacket, where that as well.

Mommadeez4u

Bastard coated bastard w/ bastard filling
Mar 26, 2005
Washington, DC
traditonally, weddings after 5:00 pm are blacktie-- meaning, a tuxedo. I know all that's out the window now but you at least should wear a dark suit.

ianbobo

It's My Birthday!
Oct 4, 2004
South of Boston
wear black slacks with a button down shirt and a tie...

you don't own a suit?
Last time I needed a suit was 8 years ago for my old bosses bar mitzva and I was 70 lbs heavier. Just dont need one with my lifestyle and job. All I ever wear for work is jeans, t-shirts and boots and when not in work shorts and a t-shirt or sweat shirt. Buying one would just be a waste of money.

AJellyDonut

They're paying for it, you eat it!
Dec 13, 2004
Queens, NY
OK - I have to go to my step-brothers wedding on Sunday - 2nd for him first for her. It's a night wedding at a nice country club but I'm not buying a suit for one wedding. Any suggestions on what I can get away with.

Wow.....just wow.

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
Feb 18, 2005
in a house
Buy a suit...don't be that guy.
x2

everyone remembers that jackass.
its one day to put away your petty F-the world attitude and respect your friends/family
its about him and his girl, not you.

----

edit ~ suggestion.

if you really really cant force yourself to wear/buy a proper suit, then excuse yourself from the ceremonies.

Perch1019

Oct 4, 2004
White Plains, NY
I dont know the type of relationship you have with your step brother but I dont see how you can get away with not wearing a suit. If it was some rinky dink day wedding at a diner fine but this is close family, at night at a country club.
Go to mens wearhouse, spent 300 bucks and get a decent suit.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
You don't need a suit, just dress clothes. Where ever you are, just act like that's where you want to be. How about a blazer? At least get a blazer.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
go to kohl's or target and you can probably get a decent jacket and pants combo for under $100.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
Once again Glenn Dandy bails out the losers like himself who have to fake being normal.

How much do you weigh? height?

heres my trick..... GOODWILL..... you can pick up a rely nice suite for 7 dollars have it dry cleaned for 5 and you are looking daper for the low low price of 12 dollars... after the wedding throw it out... thats what I do.

Only problem will goodwill suites is they tend to be on the small side,,, considering most of them come from teens that outgrew them and mommy donated them. but if you look good theres some real gems... take a girl with you so you dont buy something silly.

I just told my ex gf what I wrote and she reminded me the suite I currantly have, she picked from the trash and had it altered to fit me... Hell, I didnt even know I was wearing a suite from the trash.

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
Last time I needed a suit was 8 years ago for my old bosses bar mitzva and I was 70 lbs heavier. Just dont need one with my lifestyle and job. All I ever wear for work is jeans, t-shirts and boots and when not in work shorts and a t-shirt or sweat shirt. Buying one would just be a waste of money.
your boss was a 13 year old? :action-sm...

i like the goodwill idea, or don't you have anyone you can borrow one from? it might not fit perfectly but neither will one from goodwill, and that way you won't have to walk around wearing a suit that could've been worn by a weirdo

Oct 16, 2002
N.J.
Buy a suit...don't be that guy.
x2

everyone remembers that jackass.
its one day to put away your petty F-the world attitude and respect your friends/family
its about him and his girl, not you.

----

edit ~ suggestion.

if you really really cant force yourself to wear/buy a proper suit, then excuse yourself from the ceremonies.
:clap:

Don't be that guy, get a suit, you don't need an expensive suit, you can get one for under $200 and look good.

Every guy should own at least one suit........that fits.

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
:clap:

Don't be that guy, get a suit, you don't need an expensive suit, you can get one for under $200 and look good.

Every guy should own at least one suit........that fits.
:clap::clap:

i don't get this...does it really kill people to get dressed up for a couple of hours? I'm getting married in October..gonna be at a country club as well any i know everyone will be dressed nicely except my 1 uncle...i'm sure he'll wear his nicest jeans but he WILL be wearing jeans I know b/c thats what he did for all the weddings i have been at...is it really that hard to get a pair of dress pants? hell get some black Khaki's how hard is it to look half way decent for a couple of hours?

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast

Wait a minute... Bar mitzvah is at age 13. Your old boss would be 21 now, but you worked for him when he was 13... WTF, was he head paperboy and you were one of his underlings?

Go buy a suit. You never know when you're gonna need one. If you got a Value City nearby, you can score something decent there in the neighborhood of $100.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
Wasteing your money,,, If your a guy like us you wear a suite mayby once every two or three years... not necesary.

GOODWILL 12 bucks... a suite is a suite.

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
Dec 12, 2001
NY
As you get older you'll be attending more and more weddings and funerals. You get a suit, get it over with and you won't be baffled next year when some other jackass decides to get married or die.

Aug 27, 2002
Bensalem, PA via Souf Philly
:clap::clap:

i don't get this...does it really kill people to get dressed up for a couple of hours? I'm getting married in October..gonna be at a country club as well
Exactly, I was at a wedding last year and a guy with down's syndrome had enough sense to wear a suit. Its just the thing to do at a wedding.

If you don't want to drop the coin for a new suit Goodwill or another thrift store is the move for you, if not a nice pair of slacks and a sportcoat with a tie would be ok.

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
It's mildly funny reading this thread. Good luck, men!

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
NO TIE...Wear a nice blue or black suit, starched white shirt...but no tie...if you want to get laid then go sans tie.