Weight Loss Thread

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
My summer gym. Staged with transportation!

What in the hell is that contraption? It looks like something out a a naughty boy's raype dungeon.

Get yourself some TRX straps, and stop swinging around on meathooks and calling yourself the sexicutioner.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
You're gonna turn into a Tarahumara Indian with all the amazing running trails you can forge.
Frank, Piggy, and I are going to do the Leadville ultra one day. All three of us will die. And that sucks for me and piggy because our wackbag death threads will combine for under 10 posts, while Frank will get 500 pages.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
What in the hell is that contraption? It looks like something out a a naughty boy's raype dungeon.

Get yourself some TRX straps, and stop swinging around on meathooks and calling yourself the sexicutioner.
He's in the mountains, he should be getting in shape by swinging an ax and throwing rocks around like a real man.

Creasy Bear

Donator
He's in the mountains, he should be getting in shape by swinging an ax and throwing rocks around like a real man.
Proper manly exercise would have him taping broken bottles to his fists and fighting wolves.

Chip Spackler

Donator
Been doing at least 100 push-ups a day recently in increments of 20.

Gone from a 38 inch waist last July 4th vacation to a 32 this year.

Should really quit smoking but honesty its helped me lose weight... I'll cross that bridge eventually.

EDIT: No amount of exercise can fix my monchichi hair

Creasy Bear

Donator
I did a dry tri thingie at my gym thingie on Saturday. It was 2500 meters on the rower, 300 reps of pushups and burpees n' shit, and then a 5K on the treadmill. Holy farts that hurt like the dickens.

Did it in like 48 minutes, and my vodka pump was slamming the whole time. I won the old fart man's category... 100 bucks gym credit... woohoo! Over 1000 calories burned in less than an hour... ouch, that hurts.

I did a dry tri thingie at my gym thingie on Saturday. It was 2500 meters on the rower, 300 reps of pushups and burpees n' shit, and then a 5K on the treadmill. Holy farts that hurt like the dickens.

Did it in like 48 minutes, and my vodka pump was slamming the whole time. I won the old fart man's category... 100 bucks gym credit... woohoo! Over 1000 calories burned in less than an hour... ouch, that hurts.
Back to 206, yet?

Madness

So at the end of June, I went to the doctors because I was having a variety of little issues that were an annoyance. They did blood work. Came back and my A1C was right over the diabetes line. So I started at 280 and I've dropped down to 243 since then. I've been exercising a little but I've mostly been counting calories and keeping carbs/sugars low. My symptoms actually went away pretty quickly. Got my blood work redone. A1C dropped back down to a normal range just with the weight loss. My goal is to get down to 195 or 200 and I'm thrilled with where I've gotten so far.

Atomic Fireball

Donator
So at the end of June, I went to the doctors because I was having a variety of little issues that were an annoyance. They did blood work. Came back and my A1C was right over the diabetes line. So I started at 280 and I've dropped down to 243 since then. I've been exercising a little but I've mostly been counting calories and keeping carbs/sugars low. My symptoms actually went away pretty quickly. Got my blood work redone. A1C dropped back down to a normal range just with the weight loss. My goal is to get down to 195 or 200 and I'm thrilled with where I've gotten so far.
I turned 60 last May so my mental framing re obesity went from a cosmetic issue to a morbidity issue.

Feb 2016 - 284
Today - 220
Goal (~ May 2017) - 170
I'm 5'10"

I can lose 10/month when I'm fattest and 5/month moving forward. I'll eat anything, but count every calorie and keep it under 1600/day. As a side benny I can only have 1 - 2 boozes a day to keep under 1600. And I bike 2.5 hrs on the beach bike path every other day.

I can drop weight like a maurfk and have astonished people in years past with this transformation. Which is the problem - I shouldn't be doing this more than once. Recidivism. I've been retired for five years so I'm hoping with the free time to devote to myself I can pay attention and keep it off this time.

lajikal

I turned 60 last May so my mental framing re obesity went from a cosmetic issue to a morbidity issue.

Feb 2016 - 284
Today - 220
Goal (~ May 2017) - 170
I'm 5'10"

I can lose 10/month when I'm fattest and 5/month moving forward. I'll eat anything, but count every calorie and keep it under 1600/day. As a side benny I can only have 1 - 2 boozes a day to keep under 1600. And I bike 2.5 hrs on the beach bike path every other day.

I can drop weight like a maurfk and have astonished people in years past with this transformation. Which is the problem - I shouldn't be doing this more than once. Recidivism. I've been retired for five years so I'm hoping with the free time to devote to myself I can pay attention and keep it off this time.
Can't recall seeing many a old fat person. Wonder if they just die off quicker or old cells basically just eat through the fat as a survival mechanism. Obviously heart disease and others are top killers, but wonder if it's that bad.

Madness

Feb 2016 - 284
Today - 220
Goal (~ May 2017) - 170
I'm 5'10"

Yeah, I'm already starting to think about the maintaining phase. I don't want to do this again.

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Yeah, I'm already starting to think about the maintaining phase. I don't want to do this again.
I hope to consider this a permanent diet, except the goal will ultimately be a reduction of 0.0 pounds/month. I think I'm truly happier on a diet - I'm not hungry, and my health is improving rather than deteriorating.

Madness

I hope to consider this a permanent diet, except the goal will ultimately be a reduction of 0.0 pounds/month. I think I'm truly happier on a diet - I'm not hungry, and my health is improving rather than deteriorating.
Same here. My energy level throughout the day is more consistent. I'm happier in general and it's nice going to sporting events and fitting in the seats and going to stores and being able to find clothes in your size.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Went to a charity 5K yesterday, won a t-shirt in a corn hole toss...

Prick apparently guessed at the size for me:

All this work year after to year to stay under 200 and this is the shit I get...

(186 this morning - pleased to get through the summer with no permanent gains, yay me...)