Weight Loss Thread

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
That's what I'm attempting and it feels like fasting. Fat Piggy Hungry.
I fast all the time. Mostly between like breakfast and lunch and lunch and dinner and dinner and a snack. Works wonders

/AlanThrall

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I wanted to get down to 185. Got pretty close before falling apart. Still hitting the weights but eating like shit and limited cardio. Going down to Belize in January and want to look halfway respectable.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
I wanted to get down to 185. Got pretty close before falling apart. Still hitting the weights but eating like shit and limited cardio. Going down to Belize in January and want to look halfway respectable.
Protein powder, brah

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
Been using gymnastics rings for a while now. Man, they're hard to start out on, but really fun once you build up enough strength and get used to stabilizing yourself. The "false grip" necessary for ring muscle ups took me a couple weeks to get used to.

I got new shoes after suspecting my foot injuries might be because of bad footwear during exercise. So I looked through reviews of best exercise footwear of 2018 and came across these.

Adidas Men's CF Racer Tr

They are the most comfortable shoe I've ever owned. I'm wearing them like slippers. My old shoes feel like I was walking on concrete.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I got new shoes after suspecting my foot injuries might be because of bad footwear during exercise. So I looked through reviews of best exercise footwear of 2018 and came across these.

Adidas Men's CF Racer Tr

They are the most comfortable shoe I've ever owned. I'm wearing them like slippers. My old shoes feel like I was walking on concrete.
I have three issues...

1. I adore Adidas brand but their shoes stink.
2. The soles look way too thick.
3. Everyone always thinks black tennis shoes look stylish but they NEVER do.

But to each their own.

I have three issues...

1. I adore Adidas brand but their shoes stink.
2. The soles look way too thick.
3. Everyone always thinks black tennis shoes look stylish but they NEVER do.

But to each their own.
1. Its my first time ever trying an adidas shoe. Only got them cause a review said they were super comfortable. They weren't lying.
2. Its not as bad in person. After wearing them I could give a shit what they look like because I'm just too damn comfy.
3. I think these are running or track shoes. The name says "Racer Tr" at the end. I assume that means track.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
1. Its my first time ever trying an adidas shoe. Only got them cause a review said they were super comfortable. They weren't lying.
2. Its not as bad in person. After wearing them I could give a shit what they look like because I'm just too damn comfy.
3. I think these are running or track shoes. The name says "Racer Tr" at the end. I assume that means track.
I can't argue with 1 and 2 but thick soles are a problem imo. I'm not advocating for vibrams although I have personal evidence they absolutely work. More important than sole thickness is sole flexibility. It is a must.

I can't argue with 1 and 2 but thick soles are a problem imo. I'm not advocating for vibrams although I have personal evidence they absolutely work. More important than sole thickness is sole flexibility. It is a must.
Found the site that recc'd them.

https://garagegympower.com/best-workout-shoes/

Says the sole is flexible.

Review: These attractive black on black Cloud foam racers are cushioned with a cloud foam bed which feels like running on air.

These have a removable insole if you like a flat footbed.

Pros
  • Flexible and light rubber sole.
  • Padded tongue and collar.
  • Mesh upper, breathable and cooling.
Cons
  • Run Small.

DiggerNick

Donator
I'm back on my diet and committed this time. I started at about 280 pounds, hoping to lose at least 80 pounds and I'm already down 10 so far.

I'm doing the ketosis thing; lots of veges, some fruit, a bit of protein and odd low-fat snack. I did this diet about 12 years ago and got good results, but fell off it and could never get back on. And since I took this new job six years ago my weight has ballooned by 40 pounds due to significantly less physical activity than my previous job and eating like a fucking pig. And my increased drinking in that time hasn't helped either.

I went to the shopping mall today to pick up some stuff and the elevator dropped me off right in the middle of the food court. The smells were unbelievable and I nearly lost it then and there. But I soldiered on, finished my business, then went back to my car and came home.

It's about the small victories.

DiggerNick

Donator
First official weigh-in this morning. In a week I lost ten pounds and about an inch off my waist.

Feeling pretty good about that.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
310 to 230 in 90 days.

Had to break down and buy all new clothes. Even my shoes didn't fit anymore. My fucking shoes!