Weird Dreams/Sleeping Patterns

Jan 6, 2006
Recently, I've been having a lot of weird dreams -- I had a dream earlier today (10PM) that I went into a club and when i came out there was a cop car in front of mine and there was a police officer sitting in it. When I got in, the cop was Matt Dillion and he started asking me about my insurance policy.

Also, whenever I am dreaming, I feel as I am coming out of the dream and wake up but I still continue talking to the people in the dream. It is all very bizarre, considering the conversation will keep going, until finally my girlfriend asks me what the hell I am talking about. I have no clue what to say because I still think I am still dreaming and I can't tell the difference.

This morning, I woke up saying, "No, it's the same girl, she has just changed her looks over time." My girlfriend again asked me, what was going on, and I had no idea where I was until I went back to sleep 30 minutes later.

Furthermore, I woke up abou 4-5 hours into my sleep, sit up, say "No more", then fall back down and have a dream where I am sitting in a corner crying about losing a loved one.

This has happened every night to some degree over the 7-10 days. Is this something that has happens to any of you?

Jan 6, 2006
Of course you would know. :action-sm

Speaking of which, we can have one of those night's tonight (if you actually show up).

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY
Of course you would know. :action-sm

Speaking of which, we can have one of those night's tonight (if you actually show up).
I'll be there ....prob early too....I haven't drank in exactly two weeks....

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
That'll happen to me too, except when I wake up and catch myself talking in my sleep, I am only making a weird noise rather than intelligible speech.

Although I was actually having a conversation in the dream, what comes out of my mouth in real life is Terry Schiavo-speak.

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
I had a 28 days later type dream last night. somehow the virus gave some people superpowers while it made others into zombies. I woke up as I was with a group of survivors working to rebuild civilization.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
lol

that's almost as strange as the dream where sean connery who was an arabian sheik hired me, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Jesus to defeat a band of bad guys that had invaded his land. funniest part was the dream had beginning and end credits just like a movie.

Philly loser

Wackbag Elder Statesman
Oct 12, 2002
Limerick, Pa
B - I'm pretty sure you have hallucinations, not dreams.
I never remember my dreams. I just wake up with a headache and blood all over the place. Odd.

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
I never remember my dreams. I just wake up with a headache and blood all over the place. Odd.
i have lucid dreams too. i realize i am dreaming and can change the dream. sometimes it even weirder because i realize i am dreaming and try to change what's happening and can't...that scares the shit out of me.

commish13

Personal Friend of Chris Jericho
May 24, 2005
Emerson, NJ
Recently, I've been having a lot of weird dreams -- I had a dream earlier today (10PM) that I went into a club and when i came out there was a cop car in front of mine and there was a police officer sitting in it. When I got in, the cop was Matt Dillion and he started asking me about my insurance policy.

Also, whenever I am dreaming, I feel as I am coming out of the dream and wake up but I still continue talking to the people in the dream. It is all very bizarre, considering the conversation will keep going, until finally my girlfriend asks me what the hell I am talking about. I have no clue what to say because I still think I am still dreaming and I can't tell the difference.

This morning, I woke up saying, "No, it's the same girl, she has just changed her looks over time." My girlfriend again asked me, what was going on, and I had no idea where I was until I went back to sleep 30 minutes later.

Furthermore, I woke up abou 4-5 hours into my sleep, sit up, say "No more", then fall back down and have a dream where I am sitting in a corner crying about losing a loved one.

This has happened every night to some degree over the 7-10 days. Is this something that has happens to any of you?
Yeah, that's happened to me before many times. The same thing where I'm in a dream, wake up from it but still say whatever I was about to say anyway.

Jan 6, 2006
I've been drinking and taking some pills lately, I think those are what are inducing these lucid dreams. It is just a frightening state.

Yeah, that's happened to me before many times. The same thing where I'm in a dream, wake up from it but still say whatever I was about to say anyway.
Yep, that's exactly what happens, but it doesnt happen for a few seconds, it goes on until the next time I go to sleep.

I had a few drinks earlier and am feeling the same lucidness now, I feel like I am kind of lost, it may be partially also because I just moved from Georgia to Long Island and am still not used to the change.

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
sounds like one of those dreams where you do something really bad or horrible and the police are after you. then you wake up with the same dread you had in the dream and it takes about 5-10 minutes to convince yourself it was just a dream.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Do you mean you're having episodes of lucid dreaming? Because I actually taught myself how to do this years ago. It's pretty fucking cool, your conscious mind becomes aware while you are still in REM sleep and actively dreaming. They have actually had people signal to observers in sleep labs by moving their eyes in a predetermined pattern while their brain activity showed them in deep REM sleep. That's why your eyes move around you know, they are not paralyzed like the rest of you and they move as your eyes do in your dream. Pretty weird stuff.

LBF

Banned
Jun 18, 2005
West Tennessee
Yea, I have a lot of weird dream stories, too. I don't think I wake up talking, at least the wife hasn't mentioned it.

There used to be a neuro-surgeon running around here, maybe he can help you :icon_mrgr

Jan 6, 2006
sounds like one of those dreams where you do something really bad or horrible and the police are after you. then you wake up with the same dread you had in the dream and it takes about 5-10 minutes to convince yourself it was just a dream.
Yeah, except it lasts for 8-10 hours (or until next time I go to sleep).

Do you mean you're having episodes of lucid dreaming? Because I actually taught myself how to do this years ago. It's pretty fucking cool, your conscious mind becomes aware while you are still in REM sleep and actively dreaming. They have actually had people signal to observers in sleep labs by moving their eyes in a predetermined pattern while their brain activity showed them in deep REM sleep. That's why your eyes move around you know, they are not paralyzed like the rest of you and they move as your eyes do in your dream. Pretty weird stuff.
Mike, I don't know if it's lucid, what determines that?

Apr 22, 2005
Bucks Co., PA
Wheeew.

I was worried you were yelling out things like "Chris, oooh god let me suck Georges cock a little longer before I go back to licking your asshole..."

commish13

Personal Friend of Chris Jericho
May 24, 2005
Emerson, NJ
Yeah, except it lasts for 8-10 hours (or until next time I go to sleep).

Mike, I don't know if it's lucid, what determines that?
A lucid dream is a dream that, while dreaming, you are well aware that it's a dream.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
I don't have typical dreams. Mine are usually very strange with things that mash all together and don't make sense.

I mostly have lucid dreams though to where I know that I'm dreaming and I go around doing what I want in the dream kind of like a sandbox video game (GTA).

Sometimes it gets so real to where I don't know if I'm dreaming or not.

But unlike you, I haven't ever started walking around out of my bed talking to people in real life while still being stuck in a dream.

There are a lot of times where I like my dream so much that I don't want to wake up and sometimes I'll sleep in all day if I can just to fuck around with my dreams.

I have a question for you all though. Can you guys read, write and see everything normally in your dreams? A lot of the people I speak with say that they can't seem to be able to read anything in their dreams or that the words will be backwards. I see and do everything as it is in the real world in my dreams.

I had a 28 days later type dream last night. somehow the virus gave some people superpowers while it made others into zombies. I woke up as I was with a group of survivors working to rebuild civilization.
I had a similar dream...I woke up and everyone was gone, and there weren't any sounds at all...no noise from the street or planes or people, just the dim ocean. I walked around and noticed doors ajar, went inside people's houses until i encountered a weak zombie barely able to crawl, but it freaked the fuck out of me and I ran forever...then i woke up.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
I have all types of recurring nightmares and weird dreams.

Most often it has to do with water, particularly tidal waves. I'll be at a beach and the water will suddenly turn violent, and then I see the wave start to form in the distance. It's scary as hell because I'm just standing there waiting for the wave to hit because there is nowhere to run, but somehow I manage to survive every time.

I also have a lot of dreams with me being chased, either by people, monsters or sometimes unseen things. I'll be running through yards, scrambling over fences and hiding in buildings. I am also uncannily athletic in them, which is weird because I used to have the same type of dreams when I was younger, only I couldn't move my legs at all. I felt paralyzed and I knew I had to run. Those were scary. They are similar to the water ones in that I am never caught.

Any budding Freuds what to take a shot as to what the hell these dreams mean?

Jan 6, 2006
I don't have typical dreams. Mine are usually very strange with things that mash all together and don't make sense.

I mostly have lucid dreams though to where I know that I'm dreaming and I go around doing what I want in the dream kind of like a sandbox video game (GTA).

Sometimes it gets so real to where I don't know if I'm dreaming or not.

But unlike you, I haven't ever started walking around out of my bed talking to people in real life while still being stuck in a dream.

There are a lot of times where I like my dream so much that I don't want to wake up and sometimes I'll sleep in all day if I can just to fuck around with my dreams.

I have a question for you all though. Can you guys read, write and see everything normally in your dreams? A lot of the people I speak with say that they can't seem to be able to read anything in their dreams or that the words will be backwards. I see and do everything as it is in the real world in my dreams.
Then yes, I have those kind of dreams. I have never been able not to have control.

I don't know if I have ever walked, but I have been dreaming and wake up and still be talking and since the dream felt so real, I am not sure what world I am in anymore.

And for your question, yes, I can read and write, I remember a specific dream wheere I was writing a letter to my friend.

Another question, have any of you had dreams where you are in the past? I have had a dream where I am a soldier in the Civil War and I was able to control the battle. I was a Northern soldier medic and I remember I was helping others. I saw a Southern soldier about to kill someone and I pick up a weapon and bayoneted him before he mananged to kill another soldier. Then I went back to helping people and the dream ended with my alarm waking me up.

Swamp CAve

aka Fuzzy Dunlop
Jan 27, 2005
Chapel Hill, NC
I have dreams where I'm late for work and I'll jump out of bed get dressed and then leave the house and wake up.

My old college roommate used to get night terrors and yell in Somali. Sometimes he'd even shake me and ask if I was still alive. I fixed that problem by putting things on the floor that he would trip over while walking to my bed.

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
I was put on Buspar years ago (anti-anxiety/depression)...Drug is known for inducing vivid and bizarre dreams...It was no joke...Some of the most insane and realistic dreams of my life...It was like I lived a double life...