Weird shit on eBay

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I don't know if this has been done before, but maybe this will be cool - maybe not.

Post weird shit you find on eBay.

I'll start with this:

Haunted furniture - $20,000

Item #: 140216461572

IT IS A DRESSER THAT IS HUNTED BY A LITTLE BOY, DRESSER MOVES AND SHAKES.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I remember those.. They pulled the plug on those because of that recording software that someone developed to use with it.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Illinois-Shaped Corn Flake Up for Auction
AP
Posted: 2008-03-17 11:50:39
Filed Under: Weird News
CHICAGO (March 17) - Sounds a little flaky, but someone has offered more than $500 on eBay for a piece of breakfast cereal that is touted as a lookalike to the state of Illinois.

Two sisters listed "The Great Illinois Corn Flake" on the online auction site, promising it has undergone no alterations.
Emily McIntire, a 15-year-old sophomore in high school from Chesapeake, Va., said she was grabbing fistfuls of cereal on her way to class when she found the flake.

"It was almost to my mouth, it didn't look like Illinois at first because it was held the wrong way," said McIntire, but then she noticed the resemblance and said, "Oh my goodness, it's Illinois."

Her 23-year-old sister, Melissa, said their parents suggested selling it for fun. They're offering free shipping to Illinois.

"At the moment it's residing in a fine jewelry box with a lot of cotton wrapped around it to keep it safe," said Melissa McIntire.

The McIntire sisters say they've decided to use the proceeds from the eBay sale to buy more boxes of Frosted Flakes.

"We've got to replace the one we've already sold," Melissa McIntire said. "We like cereal."

She made that earlier in the bidding, when the top offer was $50. By 10:30 AM ET Monday, the bidding had passed the $500 mark.
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/illinois-shaped-corn-flake-up-for/20080317085609990001

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
I still have my PCR somewhere, but damned if I know where. I barely used it, because it was basically a piece of shit.

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
I have a PCR and I use it everyday. I cancelled it when the boys got suspended and reactivated it a month later without any problems.

I added an optical output to it, and I use Xtreme PCR software (www.xtremepcr.com)

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
I remember those.. They pulled the plug on those because of that recording software that someone developed to use with it.
The original Skyfi could be put into 'PC control mode' with a 6 0 2 'xm button' key sequence.
Clearly a lot more was planned when the system was being designed.

Here's some archive from back when geeks owned satellite radios and few others knew what it was..
http://www.xmfan.com/viewtopic.php?t=13207

roche

i am lame
Wackbag Staff
May 28, 2004
Dallas, TX
I still have my PCR somewhere, but damned if I know where. I barely used it, because it was basically a piece of shit.
I have to disagree. I wish I still had mine. Someone jacked mine from an old job.

The thing was great. You could use some custom software that I forgot the name of and every time a band you liked came on, it would switch to the station they were on. You could also tell it bands or songs you hated and if they came on, it would switch to another station you told it too.

I really wish I still had mine.

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
I'd get that one on ebay if I didnt have one already. Thats what they were selling for when they were new.

I bought mine in Sept 04 when I heard O&A were coming to XM. A week later the heat came on the PCR, so I bought another one. When it was officially discontinued I sold it on ebay for $347

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Wasn't the big deal about software that could let you set it to just record tons of songs? It would automatically name the tracks, etc. You could build up a hell of an MP3 collection with that thing.