Welcome to Wackbag, Smodcast!!!

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Kevin needs an official welcome...and I needed to start the first thread in this new forum.

SModcast
Saturday 10 am ET
Sunday 3 am & 4 pm ET

Host Kevin Smith, director of such acclaimed films as Clerks and Chasing Amy, invites listeners into his world. Uncensored, unscripted and unpredictable, Smith shares observations/musings on any topic in his mind: politics, sex, comic books, food, technology, religion and beyond.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Kevin will never post here because people are free to say mean things about him and his movies of declining quality.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Kevin will never post here because people are free to say mean things about him and his movies of declining quality.
yea because directors never make shitty movies.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
yea because directors never make shitty movies.
Let's be honest. Kevin has had a Hater Complex for years. He's had a Hater Complex before his movies became hateable.

Though I will say, if the O+A do go the Podcast route, becoming part of the Smodcast network would probably be the only possible way for it to work. (And that's only if Kevin can make it really profitable beforehand.)

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Let's be honest. Kevin has had a Hater Complex for years. He's had a Hater Complex before his movies became hateable.
No kidding.

[video=youtube;j_xqLaj0tvM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xqLaj0tvM[/video]

[video=youtube;yiPbxvHp6ng]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiPbxvHp6ng&feature=related[/video]

That being said, Afleck was the bomb in Phantoms.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
he has a point. thats what makes those scenes funny. he just points out the anonymity of the internet and the absurd shit people that have no clue say. just look at this entire board.

TJLamb0518

Jumping That Shark....
Nov 8, 2002
East Islip, NY
I'm sorry, but XM/Sirius should pony up the cash, can Special Delivery and put Hollywood Babble-On on the Virus. Hell, even the Plus One show with his interminably militant feminist wife is more enjoyable than the weekend programming on the Virus.

DoughBoy

Woogally Cute
Wackbag Staff
Jul 28, 2003
Jersey Shore
I'm sorry, but XM/Sirius should pony up the cash, can Special Delivery and put Hollywood Babble-On on the Virus. Hell, even the Plus One show with his interminably militant feminist wife is more enjoyable than the weekend programming on the Virus.
What the fuck does this have to do with Kevin Smith?

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
the director? Well, not as much as I used to.
I'm not sure anymore if I ever did. Dogma was awesome, Strike Back was good the first time (but far from a keeper). I keep trying after all these years to get into the earlier stuff, but it just doesn't take. Probably time to stop trying.

But he's cool as shit, I love how much he's put into the show and becoming a real friend of it. I like his anti-mainstream (anti-Hollywood?) sort of thing that basically defines his career, and that's rare, I normally hate that shit. For example Pearl Jam lost me the second they turned into douches about ticketmaster. No, dickheads, I don't want to follow you into relative obscurity so I can be one of the 'cool kids' in your exclusive little fanbase.

Point is I generally avoid that sort of douchiness, but I always liked Kevin's success story, mainly because he's a relateable guy and an entertaining conversationalist.

In all Kevin Smith rules.

If people think he's oversensitive to the fans who criticize him, that's probably because he's the only person on that level who bothers to actually interact with them. He's basically just another movie fan so he doesn't put himself above the average guy.

Danesy

Cute but psycho, it all evens out.
Jun 5, 2006
Satellite of Love
Love Kevin and LOVE the Smodcast! I also like the one he does with Jay too.

TomFromWC

Making Awful Sounds
Apr 29, 2009
Old Bridge, NJ
Love the SModcast network as a whole, but I have a special place in my degraded little heart for Hollywood Babble-On. Kev and Ralph always just kill, and Lovitz makes for a great guest host. The one show I wish would come back is Highlands: A Peephole's Story. Coming from the same area of Jersey, I love hearing Kev and Co talk about all these landmarks that still exist or are long gone.

Dec 9, 2004
West Chester
Love the SModcast network as a whole, but I have a special place in my degraded little heart for Hollywood Babble-On. Kev and Ralph always just kill, and Lovitz makes for a great guest host. The one show I wish would come back is Highlands: A Peephole's Story. Coming from the same area of Jersey, I love hearing Kev and Co talk about all these landmarks that still exist or are long gone.
I always found it a little odd that so many NJ kids go to WCU.

TJLamb0518

Jumping That Shark....
Nov 8, 2002
East Islip, NY
What the fuck does this have to do with Kevin Smith?
Um....you know....Kevin Smith is the co-host of both Hollywood Babble-On AND Plus One. He does more than just smodcast nowadays. You may want to expand your knowledge base (say, a google search) before coming off badly.

TJLamb0518

Jumping That Shark....
Nov 8, 2002
East Islip, NY
I know....who'd have thought Lovitz would crush like he does?

madbam

I'm on da Zoloft..........
Aug 2, 2001
Poughkeepsie, NY
Kevin Smith rules...no one can please everyone...just enjoy the movies and fucking laugh a little ppl what's so hard about that.

ASSBAG

Giving Wackbag over 1,000 posts of nothing.
Feb 17, 2005
HumpTulips, WA
I am in awe on how many projects Kevin has going at one time, not typical for a pot smoker. I love Smovieola but unfortunately there is only 2 of them since it started.

Oct 4, 2004
Las Vegas
Does the Virus still carry SModcast? I swear I've been hearing four hours of Rogan on Saturdays instead of 2 hours each.