OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Welfare for the Rich.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Josh_R, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

Yet another reason that these "Occupy" assholes should be camped in Washington D.C. instead of Wall Street.

Read more: http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2...pin-ted-turner-and-jon-bon-jovi#ixzz1dipdbHi6

2. Voss's Tumor

Voss's Tumor Banned

Just like it's a CEO's job to make money for their share-holders, multi-millionaires have money guys who's sole job is to make and save money using any programs available to assist the person he works for.

If you let the federal government handle any program which delivers money directly to or removes money directly from the citizens, they will find a way to fuck it up, and people will rip it off. Usually those who can afford the best attorneys.

3. Dikbag

Dikbag Registered User

4. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

Herman Cain should be jumping all over this

5. Motor Head

Motor Head HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL

Q: How does a farmer double his income?
    A: He puts up a second mailbox.

Farm subsidies have been such a fucking scam for so long. It was bad enough when farm families were being paid not to grow food, it's another thing with corporations getting them for not growing food. Michelle Bachman got farm subsidies. Conagra, a huge corporation gets enormous subsidy checks.

6. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

like anything else, its just another example of corporate welfare

7. Myhairygrundle

Myhairygrundle Screw you guys, I'm going home.

That's a good one. I would tell it to my Husker family, but I'm sure they heard it.

8. Motor Head

If you live in the cornbelt, that joke is as old as the dirt.

9. Ihateinternmatt

Ihateinternmatt Registered User

The bottom line is the government is to blame, they write the tax codes and subsudies that get abused. Its a free country, you make your own way its no ones fault if your not rich and most people if they were in the position would do the same thing. There will always be corruption but a percentage of it would go away if it wasnt for the irs and government dipping their hands in everyones pockets and regulating the fuck out of every business. The rich pay the majority of the taxes in this country. Sorry to say the guy working two jobs most likely pays zero taxes, they might have a witholding all year but most get all or the majority of it back. Cant blame people for making money.

10. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

Good luck getting this repealed, what with Iowa being a "key" state for politicians to pander to

He's got to check with his advisors first :rolleyes:

11. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

Fair tax, flat tax, 9-9-9, they all "repeal" every bit of this horseshit. But, I agree that it will be an uphill battle against middle America.

12. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

In theory, yes, but we all saw how legislation that was simple in theory *cough* Healthcare Reform *cough* turned into a contest of who I could pander to in order to muster the right amount of votes.

13. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

I agree with you there too (this is a landmark day!), but I don't particularly remember anyone promising that healthcare reform would be simple.

14. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

I agree with you there too (this is a landmark day!), but I don't particularly remember anyone promising that healthcare reform would be simple.

15. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

This is outrageous. I think we should create another government agency whose job it is to monitor these kinds of things!

:trollol:

16. JoeFromS.Jersey

JoeFromS.Jersey Registered User

We'll need to create a monitoring agency to monitor them as well...

17. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

Kinda related a little. I didn't realize they're exempt from insider trading rules like that...

Link/More

18. Motor Head

If any one of the GOP candidates promised a top to bottom audit of every department of the government, they would jump out ahead in my mind. A total nuclear bomb of audit, and restructuring....but we all know this won't happen. The guy selling $4.00 boxes of pens to the Department of Energy for $20.00 a piece is writing checks to one of the committee members re-election campaign.

At some point I really wish DC would float off into the Atlantic Ocean and sink with every single congressman, senator and the rest of them chained to their desks.

19. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

I've been saying this a while. Have a private firm (or multiple firms) come in and audit the federal government. Pay them 10% of all the waste they cut without sacrificing production. Have the audit include possible staff reductions, but don't fire anyone because that would increase employment.

Then enact a 10 year hiring freeze. Every agency that needs more people must transfer them from agencies that have been determined to have too many employees.

It will never happen, but it's a reasonable way to start cutting waste. Unfortunately we're simply fucked until the government screws up so bad that there's a real revolution (not this occupy bullshit).