OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Welfare Pays More Than Minimum-Wage Work In 35 States

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by gleet, Sep 4, 2013.

1. gleet

gleet What's black and white and red all over?

Idaho hates bums.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapot...ays-more-than-minimum-wage-work-in-35-states/

2. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

So fucking doomed.

3. Konstantin K

Konstantin K Big League Poster

Now this is fucking brilliant. Working for a living really is for suckers. Who else is thinking about quitting their job and moving to Hawaii?

4. gorram

gorram ;)

But, but Clinton got rid of welfare remember?

5. HandPanzer

HandPanzer in situ

This is how you murder incentive. Fucking parasites.

6. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

I was looking for apartments last week, and what I found out is if someone makes <$26,500 / year, they really, really don't want a raise. Because if they jumped to $27,000, that's like $2400 more per year in rent. >$32,000, like $4800 more in rent. So basically if you don't jump from $26,500 to at least $32,000, your raise will cost you money... at least according to two apartment complexes I went to. That's because the lower income people are subsidized, which apparently every apartment complex does now (it use to be certain ones in a town).

Dumbest system ever.

7. Hudson

Hudson Supreme Champion!!!!!
    Donator

Old news... Welcome to Obama's Communism plan.

8. steve500

steve500 Registered User

I had a gtr co worker that lied about not living with her baby daddy and didn't breast feed her hoodlum because wic or some other program paid more if your baby needed "cans of milk". This bitch bought an Xbox 360 and some games at Wal-Mart, and I told her that I'd be happy to buy them on my Amazon card and save her the $30+ on taxes and she could even have the 3% cash back I get (this is before I realized she was ghetto), and I also showed her how much cheaper the games were - total savings were nearly $100 including overnight shipping. She said no, because her kid was suspended from school "for not his fault" and he needed something to do all day and the package wouldn't get to work until after her lunch break.

That was all the convincing I needed to get rid of the whole welfare system. Also, people using the food stamps cards shouldn't be allowed to buy those little packs of way overpriced chopped onions and tomatoes. There's nothing in their lives that's so damn important that they can't cut a fucking vegetable.

whiskeyguy likes this.
  9. steve500

steve500 Registered User

Off topic, but is there a good site to host sound clips that wouldn't overtly blow my identity? I have the recorded call of her trying to rationalize why the teacher must have been lying when she said the kid threatened to kill a classmate (this is a ~2nd grader)

10. JackieImpression

JackieImpression Registered User

Soundcloud and Youtube should be fine. Just register an anonymous email from any random service and use that email only for that media account. Or just post the file to something like rapidshare/mediafire/filestube/etc. and let people just download it.

11. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Anyone who says he was a good president is a fool.

12. mrbucket75

mrbucket75 Registered User

It pays more to do less, been like that for years. Like others have said, no incentive to contribute to society. I barely make enough to survive, and I still make too much to be eligible for state health insurance and food handouts. But If I just quit my job, it all becomes available.

13. Ballbuster1

Ballbuster1 In The Danger Zone...
    Wackbag Staff

Sadly, this isn't new news.

It's been that way a long time and it's just getting worse.