Well that's racists... oh Red Flag gun law goes into effect in New York

So how's Andrew Cuomo going to have his brother killed when he goes fishing?

It can also fuck over a responsible citizen depending on where they live. What if that respondent has a firearm that might be questionable due to the convoluted restrictions. I have an AR-15, it looks like any other AR except I've modified it so you have to break the action to release the magazine so it's technically legal. I can't legally transfer it to anyone in this state so my only choice would be to turn it in to the sheriff and chances are I'd never see it again. They're in it for the long game, they'll never ban guns outright, they'll just make it so fucking complicated to stay legal that it's just not worth it.
That is my point... and once the cops have your guns good luck getting them back.

It seems fairly common for temporary restraining orders being used during the beginning of a divorce, they're easy to get and all of your firearms have to be surrendered based on one persons statements, true or not.

Happened to my friend. Fact was, he never went out to a range or hunted anymore, he had them because almost all were his deceased dad's (a couple from WWII German and American) and his fucking nutjob ex-wife just had to make a statement that he threatened her

Guy called in to the Levin show, his wife (during divorce) told the cops he threatened suicide, with zero evidence or history took him a year and $60k in costs to get his guns back.

Guy called in to the Levin show, his wife (during divorce) told the cops he threatened suicide, with zero evidence or history took him a year and $60k in costs to get his guns back.
And I am sure they were properly stored at the right humidity and oiled every once and awhile.

Years ago in Massholio, friends father passed away and he had some shit. As he was a Surgeon in WW2 and a former Surgeon at Mass General who got t-boned and lost both legs and was basically stuck at home. When he finally passed, his "buddies" from the PD basically graped all his gun safes and other things. His daughter basically got the crumbs, like a matched set of Colt Army's with sequential serial numbers so you can get an idea of the cool shit they took.

Long and the short of it never let the cops take your guns. If you have shenanigans with a wife or whatever get a buddy to take them or have him "buy" them off you.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Donator
And I am sure they were properly stored at the right humidity and oiled every once and awhile.

Years ago in Massholio, friends father passed away and he had some shit. As he was a Surgeon in WW2 and a former Surgeon at Mass General who got t-boned and lost both legs and was basically stuck at home. When he finally passed, his "buddies" from the PD basically graped all his gun safes and other things. His daughter basically got the crumbs, like a matched set of Colt Army's with sequential serial numbers so you can get an idea of the cool shit they took.

Long and the short of it never let the cops take your guns. If you have shenanigans with a wife or whatever get a buddy to take them or have him "buy" them off you.
Uncle passed away. While family was going through his things they found a pistol. I have no idea what it was. Aunt was a panicky Pete and just had to call the cops like they found a unexploded mortar. Cops took it and never saw it again.

Uncle passed away. While family was going through his things they found a pistol. I have no idea what it was. Aunt was a panicky Pete and just had to call the cops like they found a unexploded mortar. Cops took it and never saw it again.
Ya GI's would bring back some "things" the guy in the above story had an officer's family sword and the Japs years later contacted him about it and offered to exchange it for a sword from a family that is "dead"...

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Donator
Ya GI's would bring back some "things" the guy in the above story had an officer's family sword and the Japs years later contacted him about it and offered to exchange it for a sword from a family that is "dead"...
The Japanese contacted him? How did they know?

The Japanese contacted him? How did they know?
I don't know the complete back story. All I know he was in Japan after the war as a surgeon perhaps a record of him getting it from someone... he was kinda a collector of things. Had some oriental rugs that were made in Afghanistan when the Russians were there you can tell this as there are AK47s, tanks and attack helicopters with red stars stitched into the carpets.

But in the end the daughter got crumbs... some really cool crumbs. So I wonder what he had before the cops ransacked his shit.

DiggerNick

Donator
This is similar to the bill that the GOP, with the full support of the NRA, tried to pass a few years ago. Make it impossible for people on terror watch lists to purchase guns. Every single Dem voted against it.

This is just another example of the Democrats hijacking a Republican platform to make themselves look like heroes, Just like the Civil Rights bill.