OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

What a Concept: "N.J. school will deny students meals if they have no money"

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Atomic Fireball, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Atomic Fireball

Atomic Fireball Well-Known Member
    Donator

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/20...o_money_report_says.html#incart_river_default

Who would have ever thought this was possible in the US of A - they want one party to pay money for goods or services rendered by another party. This sounds - pardon my French - capitalistic.

PS I like the touch where the evil cafeteria worker throws the meal into the trash rather than give it to the noble brown person. Even though they could still get the free giveaway if they just bothered to sign up for the Free and Reduced Lunch program.

2. HandPanzer

HandPanzer in situ

3. Hudson

Hudson Supreme Champion!!!!!
    Donator

#3 Hudson, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  4. mascan42

mascan42 Registered User

Hell, the concept of "lunch accounts" is new to me. Remember actually bringing money to school for lunch?

5. HandPanzer

HandPanzer in situ

[​IMG]
    I thought those people were born to dance...I'm sure everyone knows she can do it. Lyin ass bitch!

6. Hudson

Donator

We had to buy "tickets" for lunch...Orange for hot lunch, Blue for milk. I recall saving up my orange ones and selling them on pizza and tater tot days to kids that had chocolate milk powder.

7. tattered

tattered Uber-Aryan
    Wackbag Staff

Yeah and the free lunch kids got 5 dot matrix printed tickets at the beginning of the week

8. Ego

Ego The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head

Call me crazy (You're crazy.), but I think this is one of the state's burdens. If the law requires that the children be in school, the state should be responsible for providing a bare minimum of a lunch. If that's a PB&J, a micro ass bag of chips, and directions to the nearest water fountain, so be it. I ate a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in school. But, that was because I liked them, and I saved the extra money I saved for the Sobe machine we had. That stuff was/is great.

CM Mark and Dicktator like this.
  9. Hudson

Donator

Ours got uniform pins that were Angels on their lapels. Catholic schools.

10. Dicktator

Dicktator Frozen Meatbals 4life

It is absolutely not the fault of a child that their lazy ass parents don't fill out the proper paperwork for their child to receive free lunch. The fact is that the child WOULD receive the free lunch in all probability anyway.
    Just like in an above post they don't need the same lunch but a sandwich and a side would suffice. These kids probably have it shitty enough at home.

My wife was a dirty poor kid growing and the school lunch was what she would eat for the entire day because of her alcoholic shitty parents. " Birthddays were the worst day now she sips champagne when she thirsty" R.I.P. Biggie.

11. JonBenetRamsey

JonBenetRamsey well shit the bed

i think it's a little fucked up to let a kid starve because their parents are shit heads.

12. steve500

steve500 Registered User

As much as I hate entitled brown kids, this really isn't right to make them suffer due to Tamara and unknown dad's name being lazy welfare n's. I actually used to think that the way our school drew attention to free lunch kids was a bit rough (but most of the free lunch kids in my school couldn't afford it because dad got laid off from the factory or mom died from cancer)

13. Hudson

Donator

Wait..you are against a school that wants parental interaction and parenting rather than allowing parents to be shitheads? WOW!!!!!!
    And making a parent show up to a school.. for their kid isn't barbarianism.. it's called parenting...

14. JonBenetRamsey

JonBenetRamsey well shit the bed

the parents absolutely should sign up for the free lunch program if they meet the requirements, but the kid shouldn't suffer because of lazy cunt parents.

15. Hudson

Donator

3 things...
    1)The website leads me to believe that the school district is pretty intensive on parental/guardian involvement.
    2)Never known a kid that chose a PBandJ or a ham and cheese bag lunch over Pizza day or tatertots in the lunchroom..
    3) Lazy cunt parents should not have kids in their homes anymore.

#15 Hudson, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  16. mascan42

mascan42 Registered User

If the parents are lazy enough to let their kid go hungry, the kid should be taken away from them anyway.

steve500 and Hudson like this.
  17. Psychopath

Psychopath Plata O Plomo

Every once in a while I have a recurring dream about me being in the cafeteria of my middle school. It always revolves around me spending most of my food money on the first day and not having enough for the rest of the week.

18. steve500

steve500 Registered User

I still think that, for certain jobs, even high school is a waste. Realistically, the Rachel Jeantels of the world aren't going to become engineers or nurses anyway, so why not let them pick lettuce and build iPhones/Moto Xs in the USA? Hell, even car assembly is so dumbed down that any kid who has built a diorama can easily handle it.

19. Hudson

Donator

But she speaks 5 languages!!!!.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

20. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

Too bad.

All they have to do is fill out a form, and their kid gets free lunch. We already hold these peoples' hands too much. We can't save every child, and if the parents are too lazy to get them free lunch, they don't have much of a chance anyway.

However, if you really want to get them to apply for the program, give the kid his lunch and keep track of the cost. At the end of every month have that amount garnished from the parents' paychecks, or reduced from any entitlement money they receive. Those forms will get filled out the very next day.

Ego and steve500 like this.
  21. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

I don't think school is a waste, but the amount we spend on it is insane, especially since kids got the same quality of education 40 years ago at a fraction of the price. We don't need teachers that have graduate degrees to teach kids spelling and geography. A fucking associates degree from a community college would suffice, and then pay them $15/hour.

22. Hudson

Donator

Deduct it from foodstamps Why should you and I pay twice for the same thing?

23. tattered

tattered Uber-Aryan
    Wackbag Staff

Only faggots and sailors go to catholic schools

Neckbeard likes this.
  24. fletcher

fletcher Darkness always says hello.
    Donator

This might be the dumbest post I have read on Wackbag in a while. And Im including SallieTomato.

MayrMeninoCrash and Hudson like this.
  25. tattered

tattered Uber-Aryan
    Wackbag Staff

youre even dumber still if you didnt recognize it as a lame FMJ reference and not a serious post