What a Concept: "N.J. school will deny students meals if they have no money"

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005
It seems ripped from the pages of Dickens: A hungry child approaches the school cafeteria worker, meal in hand. The worker promptly throws the meal in the trash and sends the child away unfed. Why? The child's parents have let the lunch account run dry.

According to a report from MyFoxPhilly, this very scenario could play out in New Jersey this year, under a new directive from the Willingboro school district.

In a letter from schools superintendent Ronald Taylor, parents in the Burlington County town learned the district will no longer be offering humanitarian meals to students whose lunch accounts have gone delinquent.

If the child loads up a tray and there's no money available, the school employee is instructed to throw the meal away, the report said.

The jolting new policy, Taylor told the TV station, is the result of a failure by parents to apply for the Free and Reduced Lunch program, which uses state money to help feed low-income students.

He said the district spent $50,000 last year to feed children who could not pay for their meals, and whose parents did not apply for the program. Children on the program will not be affected by the policy, the report said.

Taylor urged eligible parents to apply for reduced lunches, noting the thousands of dollars spent last year was money the school should have spent on curriculum.

Guidance counselors and outreach personnel will alert families when their child's lunch balance drops below $5, the report said, giving them three days to refill it before the child is denied a meal.
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/20...o_money_report_says.html#incart_river_default

Who would have ever thought this was possible in the US of A - they want one party to pay money for goods or services rendered by another party. This sounds - pardon my French - capitalistic.

PS I like the touch where the evil cafeteria worker throws the meal into the trash rather than give it to the noble brown person. Even though they could still get the free giveaway if they just bothered to sign up for the Free and Reduced Lunch program.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Last edited:

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
Hell, the concept of "lunch accounts" is new to me. Remember actually bringing money to school for lunch?

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
ummm yeah...look at the school district page: http://www.willingboroschools.org/site/default.aspx?PageID=1 I especially like the item below the story of the former student.....
http://www.willingboroschools.org/cms/lib6/NJ01001192/Centricity/Domain/1/Brielle Kenney.png And I have no problem with this....if you can't pay...ok, sign up! If you are looking for the literal free meal...fuck off!! Joe Clark II?

I thought those people were born to dance...I'm sure everyone knows she can do it. Lyin ass bitch!

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Hell, the concept of "lunch accounts" is new to me. Remember actually bringing money to school for lunch?
We had to buy "tickets" for lunch...Orange for hot lunch, Blue for milk. I recall saving up my orange ones and selling them on pizza and tater tot days to kids that had chocolate milk powder.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
Yeah and the free lunch kids got 5 dot matrix printed tickets at the beginning of the week

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head
Feb 15, 2005
Elkton, MD
Call me crazy (You're crazy.), but I think this is one of the state's burdens. If the law requires that the children be in school, the state should be responsible for providing a bare minimum of a lunch. If that's a PB&J, a micro ass bag of chips, and directions to the nearest water fountain, so be it. I ate a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in school. But, that was because I liked them, and I saved the extra money I saved for the Sobe machine we had. That stuff was/is great.

Dicktator

I need a Vacation
Feb 11, 2006
Michigan
It is absolutely not the fault of a child that their lazy ass parents don't fill out the proper paperwork for their child to receive free lunch. The fact is that the child WOULD receive the free lunch in all probability anyway.
Just like in an above post they don't need the same lunch but a sandwich and a side would suffice. These kids probably have it shitty enough at home.

My wife was a dirty poor kid growing and the school lunch was what she would eat for the entire day because of her alcoholic shitty parents. " Birthddays were the worst day now she sips champagne when she thirsty" R.I.P. Biggie.

steve500

Oct 20, 2008
35,000 ft
As much as I hate entitled brown kids, this really isn't right to make them suffer due to Tamara and unknown dad's name being lazy welfare n's. I actually used to think that the way our school drew attention to free lunch kids was a bit rough (but most of the free lunch kids in my school couldn't afford it because dad got laid off from the factory or mom died from cancer)

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
i think it's a little fucked up to let a kid starve because their parents are shit heads.
Wait..you are against a school that wants parental interaction and parenting rather than allowing parents to be shitheads? WOW!!!!!!
And making a parent show up to a school.. for their kid isn't barbarianism.. it's called parenting...

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Aug 30, 2005
woodland critter christmas park nj
Wait..you are against a school that wants parental interaction and parenting rather than allowing parents to be shitheads? WOW!!!!!!
the parents absolutely should sign up for the free lunch program if they meet the requirements, but the kid shouldn't suffer because of lazy cunt parents.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
the parents absolutely should sign up for the free lunch program if they meet the requirements, but the kid shouldn't suffer because of lazy cunt parents.
3 things...
1)The website leads me to believe that the school district is pretty intensive on parental/guardian involvement.
2)Never known a kid that chose a PBandJ or a ham and cheese bag lunch over Pizza day or tatertots in the lunchroom..
3) Lazy cunt parents should not have kids in their homes anymore.

Last edited:

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
If the parents are lazy enough to let their kid go hungry, the kid should be taken away from them anyway.

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
Dec 28, 2008
Constant sate of misery
Every once in a while I have a recurring dream about me being in the cafeteria of my middle school. It always revolves around me spending most of my food money on the first day and not having enough for the rest of the week.

steve500

Oct 20, 2008
35,000 ft
If the parents are lazy enough to let their kid go hungry, the kid should be taken away from them anyway.
I still think that, for certain jobs, even high school is a waste. Realistically, the Rachel Jeantels of the world aren't going to become engineers or nurses anyway, so why not let them pick lettuce and build iPhones/Moto Xs in the USA? Hell, even car assembly is so dumbed down that any kid who has built a diorama can easily handle it.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I still think that, for certain jobs, even high school is a waste. Realistically, the Rachel Jeantels of the world aren't going to become engineers or nurses anyway, so why not let them pick lettuce and build iPhones/Moto Xs in the USA? Hell, even car assembly is so dumbed down that any kid who has built a diorama can easily handle it.
But she speaks 5 languages!!!!.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
As much as I hate entitled brown kids, this really isn't right to make them suffer due to Tamara and unknown dad's name being lazy welfare n's. I actually used to think that the way our school drew attention to free lunch kids was a bit rough (but most of the free lunch kids in my school couldn't afford it because dad got laid off from the factory or mom died from cancer)
Too bad.

All they have to do is fill out a form, and their kid gets free lunch. We already hold these peoples' hands too much. We can't save every child, and if the parents are too lazy to get them free lunch, they don't have much of a chance anyway.

However, if you really want to get them to apply for the program, give the kid his lunch and keep track of the cost. At the end of every month have that amount garnished from the parents' paychecks, or reduced from any entitlement money they receive. Those forms will get filled out the very next day.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I don't think school is a waste, but the amount we spend on it is insane, especially since kids got the same quality of education 40 years ago at a fraction of the price. We don't need teachers that have graduate degrees to teach kids spelling and geography. A fucking associates degree from a community college would suffice, and then pay them $15/hour.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Too bad.

All they have to do is fill out a form, and their kid gets free lunch. We already hold these peoples' hands too much. We can't save every child, and if the parents are too lazy to get them free lunch, they don't have much of a chance anyway.

However, if you really want to get them to apply for the program, give the kid his lunch and keep track of the cost. At the end of every month have that amount garnished from the parents' paychecks, or reduced from any entitlement money they receive. Those forms will get filled out the very next day.
Deduct it from foodstamps Why should you and I pay twice for the same thing?

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Only faggots and sailors go to catholic schools
This might be the dumbest post I have read on Wackbag in a while. And Im including SallieTomato.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
This might be the dumbest post I have read on Wackbag in a while. And Im including SallieTomato.
youre even dumber still if you didnt recognize it as a lame FMJ reference and not a serious post