What a president...

bethm1b

person of interest
Dec 1, 2006
Just past the line.
How Low Can He Go?
President Bush registers the lowest approval rating of his
The new numbers—a 2 point drop from the last NEWSWEEK Poll at the beginning of May—are statistically unchanged, given the poll’s 4 point margin of error. But the 26 percent rating puts Bush lower than Jimmy Carter, who sunk to his nadir of 28 percent in a Gallup poll in June 1979. In fact, the only president in the last 35 years to score lower than Bush is Richard Nixon. Nixon’s approval rating tumbled to 23 percent in January 1974, seven months before his resignation over the botched Watergate break-in.

The war in Iraq continues to drag Bush down. A record 73 percent of Americans disapprove of the job Bush has done handling Iraq. Despite “the surge” in U.S. forces into Baghdad and Iraq’s western Anbar province, a record-low 23 percent of Americans approve of the president’s actions in Iraq, down 5 points since the end of March.

But the White House cannot pin his rating on the war alone. Bush scores record or near record lows on every major issue: from the economy (34 percent approve, 60 percent disapprove) to health care (28 percent approve, 61 percent disapprove) to immigration (23 percent approve, 63 percent disapprove). And—in the worst news, perhaps, for the crowded field of Republicans hoping to succeed Bush in 2008—50 percent of Americans disapprove of the president’s handling of terrorism and homeland security. Only 43 percent approve, on an issue that has been the GOP’s trump card in national elections since 9/11.

If there is any good news for Bush and the Republicans in the latest NEWSWEEK Poll, it’s that the Democratic-led Congress fares even worse than the president. Only 25 percent of Americans approve of the job Congress is doing.

In the scariest news for the Democratic candidates seeking their party’s nomination in 2008, even rank-and-file Democrats are unhappy with Congress, which is narrowly controlled by their party. Only 27 percent of Democrats approve of the job Congress is doing, a statistically insignificant difference from the 25 percent of Republicans and 25 percent of independents who approve of Congress.

Overall, 63 percent of Americans disapprove of the job Congress is doing, including 60 percent of Democrats, 67 percent of Republicans and 64 percent of Independents. Apparently, voters aren’t happy with anyone in Washington these days.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
Bush vs. Hillary, I think the cunt would beat the dick.

Mommadeez4u

Bastard coated bastard w/ bastard filling
Mar 26, 2005
Washington, DC
Better watch out Beth, or else you'll be declared an Enemy Combatant next.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
People are down on politicians in general. In my personal opinion, I think the majority of people in this country are tired of partisan politics. I really wish we would drop this "Red State, Blue State" bullshit and just focus on the issues.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
People are down on politicians in general. In my personal opinion, I think the majority of people in this country are tired of partisan politics. I really wish we would drop this "Red State, Blue State" bullshit and just focus on the issues.
Won't happen. The majority of people are stupid and stupid people don't see in shades of grey. They need everything split up into sides so they know who the bad guy is, and they don't like making up their own mind about any given issue. It's much easier to just follow. Never underestimate the power of idiots.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
He was still better than Kerry.

BlackNinja

How'd your parents die?
Jan 25, 2006
Miami
so he has a 28% approval with health care. polls like that make me wonder if the people polled even have a clue what his stance on health care is, or are they just saying approve/disapprove based on the current state of health care, or their perception of health care. I just have a hard time understanding why so many do not approve, when Medicare part D was under his administration(no its not perfect, but its such a huge step in the right direction for elderly who need prescription drug coverage). I'm not really defending him, nor attacking, but it just makes you question the level of information that people have

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
so he has a 28% approval with health care. polls like that make me wonder if the people polled even have a clue what his stance on health care is, or are they just saying approve/disapprove based on the current state of health care, or their perception of health care. I just have a hard time understanding why so many do not approve, when Medicare part D was under his administration(no its not perfect, but its such a huge step in the right direction for elderly who need prescription drug coverage). I'm not really defending him, nor attacking, but it just makes you question the level of information that people have
I can only recall this telephone survey from a little while ago.....
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4761294.stm

Simpsons 'trump' First Amendment

The Simpsons are household names all over the world
Americans know more about The Simpsons TV show than the US Constitution's First Amendment, an opinion poll says.

Only one in four could name more than one of the five freedoms it upholds but more than half could name at least two members of the cartoon family.

About one in five thought the right to own a pet was one of the freedoms.

A new museum dedicated to the First Amendment said the findings showed there was a pressing need to explain one of America's basic laws better.

"We have our job cut out for us," said Joe Madeira, director of exhibitions at the McCormick Tribune Freedom Museum.

Another finding from the poll, a telephone survey of 1,000 random adults with an error margin of 3%, was that 22% of Americans could name all five Simpson characters.

By comparison, just one in 1,000 people could name all five First Amendment freedoms.

The names of American Idol TV show judges and popular advertising slogans also proved more memorable than the five freedoms - speech, religion, press, assembly and petition for redress of grievances.

As much as I agree with Bush not doing that great of a job, how anyone can take a healthcare or congressional approval poll from the "american public" seriously is beyond me!!

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Don't forget that the recent Gallup Poll says that people only give the congress a 14% approval rating.

So, it's not just the President. Don't be acting like he's the only person people are frustrated with.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHH!!!!!!!HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!H!H!H!H!!!HAHAAAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahhahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
Won't happen. The majority of people are stupid and stupid people don't see in shades of grey. They need everything split up into sides so they know who the bad guy is, and they don't like making up their own mind about any given issue. It's much easier to just follow. Never underestimate the power of idiots.
QFT. I would add that a huge majority prefer not to have facts clouding the issue. Fuck the approval rating.Unemployment is very low,the economy has been smoking for a long time,things are actually pretty good. I for one,used to be a huge news junkie and talk radio fan,all conservative,all the time.I just got fucking sick of it all,never once have I heard some douchebag lib say "hey,you know what? You've convinced me! Fuck Hillary!" Nobody ever changes their mind,nobody argues the facts,everybody has an agenda.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i got into a bit of a political debate at work a few weeks ago about this entire bush presidency, and the guy that i was arguing with hit me with a funny question. "what has George bush ever done to you?"

Jun 4, 2006
Brick, NJ
Any president during this time would be hated, our country is filled with unpatriotic faggots who think the worlds problems would be fixed by ignoring the middle east and planting a tree.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
Any president during this time would be hated, our country is filled with unpatriotic faggots who think the worlds problems would be fixed by ignoring the middle east and planting a tree.
Repair job-->

Any president during this time would be hated, our country is filled with ignorant dipshits who think the worlds problems would be fixed by ignoring the middle east and planting a tree.

Mommadeez4u

Bastard coated bastard w/ bastard filling
Mar 26, 2005
Washington, DC
i got into a bit of a political debate at work a few weeks ago about this entire bush presidency, and the guy that i was arguing with hit me with a funny question. "what has George bush ever done to you?"
What a douchebag.

Um let's see. Ok, he erased my ability to defend myself legally by Writ of Habeus Corpus.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
What a douchebag.

Um let's see. Ok, he erased my ability to defend myself legally by Writ of Habeus Corpus.
Has he, really?

BWHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAH BWHAHAHAHAHAHAAHH!!!!!BWAHAHAHAAHHAHAH!!!!!

Man... that gets funnier everytime I read it.

BWWWWWHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
What a douchebag.

congress did that, with the approval of the American people. (that was my first answer also)

bethm1b

person of interest
Dec 1, 2006
Just past the line.
1. He's spying on Americans without legal channels.
2. Iraq.
3. Katrina.
4. Disclosing the name of a CIA operative.
5. Hired an attorney general who lost a gubernatorial race to a dead man.
6. Scooter Libby.
7. Knew about the possibility and lied about 9/11.
8. Firing prosecutors who wouldn't bring bullshit charges against his opponents.
9. Guantanamo bay.
10. Abu Ghraib.

Want more?

I love the nature of people. Some will ride the thing til the wheels fall off. Just can't admit they were either wrong, or had bad judgement.

Some people need to be around that can love the worst of anything. Hell East Side Dave just got married.

Oh well. "It's still real to me dammit"