What are ya eatin'????

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Acme had chicken lobsters on sale so I splurged and bought a few, over under on when I start shitting uncontrollably

THE FEZ MAN

So, I was forced to drive my mother in law down to OCMD on Monday, on the way down I saw that my favorite farm stand was open, I was excited because it always had some the best corn I’ve ever had, went out bought some nice ribeye steaks to go with the corn...
It was awful :(

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
I learned how to use my 10+ year old container of curry powder. Now I'm a curry eaten fool.

This crafty foreigner taught me how to do it. I was about to throw it in the garbage but figured I'd try it first.

THE FEZ MAN

I learned how to use my 10+ year old container of curry powder. Now I'm a curry eaten fool.

This crafty foreigner taught me how to do it. I was about to throw it in the garbage but figured I'd try it first.

Interesting thing about curry is that it is a generic term, so, different curry powders taste differently, I also suggest throwing away your 10 year old container and buying something fresh, or, look into buying the spices individually and making your own, I do that from time to time but I also have several different brands, I found an “Asian” market (Indian) and it was really interesting they had an entire row of curry and “masala” ingredients

Making Indian food at home is actually pretty simple, unlike “Chinese” which requires a high temperature wok to do correctly

THE FEZ MAN

I made veal saltinbocco tonight, it was fan-fucking-tastik, I had never made it at home but I always get it at my favorite Italian joint, real Italian, not a fucking pizza joint.
Beat the hell out of it, nice and thin, used some kind of cheep prosciutto, and some mozzarella slices, I took one single fresh sweet basil leaf and rolled them up, I also did one with a sage leaf, I should have used half a sage leaf, I also did one with thinly sliced long hot pepper. Browned them in my cast iron skillet then tossed them in the oven for 5mins, probably could have gone a few minutes less but they were still perfect, I didn’t make a sauce but I could have

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
It's My Birthday!
Made a batch (or 4) of Double Chocolate Chip Cookies. With extra Chocolate Chips. Pretty good shit.

THE FEZ MAN

Made a batch (or 4) of Double Chocolate Chip Cookies. With extra Chocolate Chips. Pretty good shit.
I suck at making cookies.

So, my poor wife has a hankering for Indian.....
And , $80 later I’ve got 10# of basmati rice and a shit load of other Indian special spices and such.
I also bought som different four to try naan again, made a batch yesterday but used regular flour and forgot to add the baking powder so it didn’t rise how I wanted boooooo, but, I did bake it into a loaf and it turned out delicious so it wasn’t a total loss

Yesterdays Hero

It's My Birthday!
I suck at making cookies.

So, my poor wife has a hankering for Indian.....
And , $80 later I’ve got 10# of basmati rice and a shit load of other Indian special spices and such.
I also bought som different four to try naan again, made a batch yesterday but used regular flour and forgot to add the baking powder so it didn’t rise how I wanted boooooo, but, I did bake it into a loaf and it turned out delicious so it wasn’t a total loss
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/9827/chocolate-chocolate-chip-cookies-i/
Can't get easier than the above. Sugar counts as a 'wet' ingredient.

What'd you make? Curry? Got a rice cooker?

THE FEZ MAN

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/9827/chocolate-chocolate-chip-cookies-i/
Can't get easier than the above. Sugar counts as a 'wet' ingredient.

What'd you make? Curry? Got a rice cooker?
I use the instant pot to make the rice, and it works great, it’s a brand I’ve never tried Bhavani “product of India”, I will give it a shot, the stuff I have been buying from my local supermarket is just the “cheep shit” I’ve found that using the instant pot I need to use a little less water about 1/4 cup less than “normal” also I need to make a minimum of two cups of rice at one time, more rice = better “fudge factor” basmati wants to be “dry”.

On tonight’s menu is butter chicken, I bought a premixed spice packet

I know that “cheating” but there was a huge isle of them from several different companies and the Indians were buying them, we were the only white people in there again so you know they have good stuff. They always stare at my wife because she’s taller than almost all of them.

I’m also making naan again, this time using the correct flour I bought there. The last batch I made didn’t rise properly in the oven so I just made a loaf out of it and baked it like normal bread, it actually turned out delicious but like all home made bread it goes stale in hours
An interesting thing about the place is how almost everything is “bulk” like 50lb bags of flour (you can get less but 10# is smallest they carry unless it’s really expensive or you don’t generally use a lot like some of the fancy rice flours) it’s like Costco with the sizes of the packaging and the amount of Indians they have a small fresh produce isle but only a few “exotic” type vegetables, the new castle farmers market has a wider variety of vegetables.

I will also add, I have never seen so many varieties of lentils and beans, like it’s amazing, honestly I could go there once a week and buy something new just to try it

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound

You need this book. It used to be like 80 bucks and amazon has a couple used ones for less than ten bucks.

Also, when you want to come play with the big boys.

Yesterdays Hero

It's My Birthday!
Got one of these for $150 recently:

They're great. Power, low noise, really easy to clean. So far it's made bread, cookie dough, and Milkshakes. Fucking Milkshakes. They're a problem. They come out better than the local burger place, and said place has good shakes. Today was Chocolate Peanut Butter, and I sinned by making a goddam big one.

THE FEZ MAN

Got one of these for $150 recently:

They're great. Power, low noise, really easy to clean. So far it's made bread, cookie dough, and Milkshakes. Fucking Milkshakes. They're a problem. They come out better than the local burger place, and said place has good shakes. Today was Chocolate Peanut Butter, and I sinned by making a goddam big one.
I have a kitchenaid but my mom bought it at Costco and the damn speed control is wonky, I should just take it back but it’s 4 years old, I have a funny feeling that it broke after I lent it out for Easter pies