What Are You Reading Now?

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Recently read Donovan's Devils: OSS Commandos Behind Enemy Lines- Europe, World War II.

Great book that details how the operational groups were formed, the missions they went on, and the influence they had on present day special forces.

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005
Since I'm looking at the top of my Kindle it's

Another bad movie anthology, free on Kindle Unlimited or whatever it's called.

I was a young man in the early eighties and they had a bad movie thing at the Nuart in Santa Monica. Probably the first. They had Glen or Glenda, Plan 9, Bride of the Monster (Ed Wood night), Robot Monster, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians and a couple others. It was hosted by Michael Medved, who went on to a different career. He had written the seminal badfilm books The Fifty Worst Films of all Time and The Golden Turkeys. His only previous credit was a book called "What Ever Happened to the Class of '67?" which did pretty well.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I got a few Amazon cards for my birthday and I used them to buy a few books.

- The Desktop Regulatory State: The Countervailing Power of Individuals and Networks by Kevin A. Carson (2016)
- Marx Against the Peasant: A Study in Social Dogmatism by David Mitrany (1961)
- Medieval Machine: The Industrial Revolution of the Middle Ages by Jean Gimpel (1977)

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I got a few Amazon cards for my birthday and I used them to buy a few books.

- The Desktop Regulatory State: The Countervailing Power of Individuals and Networks by Kevin A. Carson (2016)
- Marx Against the Peasant: A Study in Social Dogmatism by David Mitrany (1961)
- Medieval Machine: The Industrial Revolution of the Middle Ages by Jean Gimpel (1977)
I forgot one:

- Nationalism and Culture by Rudolf Rocker (1937)

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I just finished The Long Shadow, The Legacies of The Great War In The Twentieth Century, by David Reynolds.

Its a fascinating book that covers both the positive and negative impacts the war had on the 1920s' and 1930s'. But then also looks at how the events of the First World War are viewed differently in the light of WW 2. One of the interesting parts about the book was reading how attitudes about WWI changed with each anniversary of it.

On a side note, some of the WW I artwork that I read about I'm using as my screen saver and background image.

Chip Spackler

Patron Saint of Autists
Donator
Jan 5, 2016
Aftermath: Empire’s End. Star Wars novel that takes place after RotJ but before TFA...

Just came across a character that they tried giving the nickname Waroo- but we all know his real nickname.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I'm currently reading and listening to The Ottoman Endgame: War, Revolution, and The Making of The Modern Middle East, 1908-1923.

If there ever was a person who was born to narrate an audio book its Richard Poe.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I'm currently reading and listening to The Ottoman Endgame: War, Revolution, and The Making of The Modern Middle East, 1908-1923. by Sean McMeekin.

If there ever was a person who was born to narrate an audio book its Richard Poe.
Fixed for the addition of the author's name.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Finished reading a short biography on Frank Lloyd Wright and now I'm onto book two of the Bell Forging Cycle. As someone who doesn't read a lot of this genre I need someone here to tell me whether it's shit or not.