OpieRadio Logo
Anthony Cumia Show Logo
Jim Norton Logo

What are your favorite Horror Movies?

Discussion in 'Classic Opie & Anthony General Discussion' started by SOS, Aug 4, 2010.

1. transit grinder

transit grinder Baglin' with the Sex

I always like these kinds of topics because you get to see everyone telling everyone else the movies they like suck.

2. Truth Bomb

Truth Bomb Registered User

The faggy fans of this genre are never satisfied. If a new horror movie comes out and forms a consensus of praise or makes money, they'll band together and whine about how far short it falls of the sacred standard set by stuff like Halloween, Texas Chainsaw, Dawn of the Dead, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Evil Dead. 2009 was a banner year for horror, and these losers still stubbornly clung to their martyr complex of thinking that the entertainment industry wants to make them suffer with inferior releases. They're trapped in the past and they downgrade anything with even the slightest use of CGI. I had to officially withdraw from the community and turn in my horror nerd card when 2009 yielded around a dozen releases that made good use of the genre, and these people still had the faggotry to continue obsessing over the possibility of horror being on its last legs.

I also find a lot of the Eli Roth haters to be whining fucks who stubbornly refuse to get with the times, because they tend to detest him more viciously than the unoriginal "hacks for hire" who go the easy route of remakes and PG-13 softness. Say what you will about Roth, but he has a personalized style, and he's managed to maintain a certain degree of integrity. If his movies haven't been for you so far, fine, but have some appreciation for the fact that he's attempting to establish a distinct voice in horror - something you claim nobody ever does anymore.

3. Truth Bomb

Truth Bomb Registered User

The people I'm describing above also race to the defense of Rob Zombie, for whatever ridiculous reason. Devil's Rejects gave this dilettante hack a lifetime pass to never be held fully accountable for the god-awful work he's done subsequent. Nevermind the fact that DR is hardly horror.

4. WhiteHonkyDevil

WhiteHonkyDevil El hombre de los moleculos!

Wait. What was good horror in 2009?

Love the Eli Roth. Having said that, I'll admit....I've never seen the Hostel movies, but I like the concept.

On another note - anyone seen Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon? LOVE that movie.

5. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Resident Star Fucker

I only hate CGI when it's over used and that goes for any genre of film: horror, action, fantasy, etc. But I am from the old school of I'd rather see matte painted spaceships or models than CGI stuff. But if it's going to enhance an effect in a film, I'm all for it.

I think Eli Roth is ok, I have yet to see either Hostel film all the way through but that's becuase I am more into psychological horror than gore/bloodfests. I did however, think Cabin Fever was one of the more decent horror films put out in the past 10 years.

And as for Rob Zombie, I'm not a huge fan of his either. I like his music more than his film making. I was generally satisfied with his remake of Halloween, a lot more surprised by how decent it was. I don't look down on today's horror, but I do hate that today's films, especially in more recent years go with the hype/marketing than the actual quality of the film.

Paranormal Activity was the biggest example of this. BRILLIANT marketing campaign but the actual film itself was a waste of my money at the theater, but the hype around it got me there. And yet people claim it was the "scariest" film they ever saw.....I can think of many others that were more horrifying/realistic to me than this drivel.

ruckstande likes this.
  6. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

Bump
    I was thinking about what my favorite horror movie list is these days and had completely forgotten that this thread existed. But I stumbled upon it, and so, here's my new list.

1. The Return of the Living Dead (Dan O'Bannon)(1985)

2. 28 Days Later (Danny Boyle)(2002)

3. The Shining (Stanley Kubrick)(1980)

4. Shaun of the Dead (Edgar Wright)(2004)

5. Night of the Living Dead (George A. Romero)(1968)

6. Alien (Ridley Scott)(1979)

7. Land of the Dead (George A. Romero)(2005)

7. madbam

madbam I'm on da Zoloft..........

Jaws....Halloween (1978 version)...The Shining

8. Hudson

Hudson Supreme Champion!!!!!
    Donator

Original 2 Friday the 13th.
    Nightmare on Elm Street. 84?
    Salems Lot
    Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    Original Nosferatu.