What are your thoughts on R&F on their own channel?

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
What are your thoughts on R&F 24/7?

I am asking for both positives and negatives.

BeersOnTheBoat

Ex-New Yorker (Thank God!)
Love the idea now more than ever before. Ron has proven just how good he really is inspite of all of 202 being in chaos.

Suggestion to make it really work:

Give them a 4 hour show 3 - 7
Give them a better staff who can actually come up with best of's (when they need it).

They're earned it and XM owes them.

that's all I got.....

Ron is good, the rest of them fucking suck.

Fez and his fucking pansie ass life, dave and his fucking stupid girlfriend saga and dont get me started on that ****** earl.

Needless to say, I don't think they should have their own channel, except for the fact that they wouldn't be on O and A's channel anymore. That, I would like.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Not necessary with only a 3 hr show and so much of the content being taken up by interviews that get dated quickly. I'd like to see R&F moved to a different channel and anchor a talk lineup of shows that are more similar, and have 24 hours of O&A back.

Standby

Better Than [you]
Wackbag Staff
Ron is good, the rest of them fucking suck.

Fez and his fucking pansie ass life, dave and his fucking stupid girlfriend saga and dont get me started on that ****** earl.
Maybe this show isn't for you...

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
I'd listen, however I'd rather have more material in the replays, even if it isn't their A-material. Go to the B material, maybe even the C material on occasion, just so that the A material doesn't get so damn repetitive.

Redding

Why can't us?
R&F get there own channel only if Earl isnt in charge of the replays...

zerofischer

a reading from the book of Bennington
but if you don't like the show then why are you in their section of the message board??

mikeyboy

I'd like to see them get their own channel, if only so they could get a better time slot & replays. I agree that a three hour show and limited best ofs probably isn't enough to carry the channel on their own, so I'd like to see them add some additional shows to the channel, like the Hideout.

zerofischer

a reading from the book of Bennington
I'd like to see them get their own channel, if only so they could get a better time slot & replays. I agree that a three hour show and limited best ofs probably isn't enough to carry the channel on their own, so I'd like to see them add some additional shows to the channel, like the Hideout.
but then isn't that the same thing as them being on 202??? so they would basically just gain a replay? is that what your saying. i'm fine with the timeslot they are at now (12-3) i agree an extra hour and they should be given 1 more replay a day like 9-12, with the extra hour 8-12, something like that. they overrun the o&a replays but honestly i seem to hear more ron and fez on the weekends then i do weekdays when o&a were on. i say no to a channel, i like having both on the same channel but just to do those things i said.

Arch Stanton

It's all about the funny!
Better time slot is only possible if, Opie and Anthony do not return or they get their own channel.
Either way, a couple of more weeks and we will have closure on this, I hope.

They have proven to be a powerhouse show on FM and I would think they have good sub numbers tuning in the XM and getting the feed.

It would have to be noticed.

As for limited best of's available, O n A used to only play the replay over and over again almost 24/7.

Ron's idea of mixing in variety on the channel with best of's is great. Keeps people checking in all day. Iris is on right now!!!

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
I would love to see Ron & Fez get their own channel when the boys return....sometimes I am in the mood for one or the other and the way it was I could only get R & F live or wait till midnight...wouldn't mind the hideout or a cosmic circus show or something but i'm all for R&F 24/7...also don't know if anyone brought this up but are their any plans to do another FM show in NY...i mean i've heard the ratings were good so i find it hard to believe that another station wouldn't be willing to pick them up...then maybe do a simulcast on XM or something

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
I'd listen, however I'd rather have more material in the replays, even if it isn't their A-material. Go to the B material, maybe even the C material on occasion, just so that the A material doesn't get so damn repetitive.
I'm definitely with the both of you...however there's 1 thing I want XM to do first...buy their libraries from WJFK & WNEW!! R&F seem to have left on good (or at least not horrible) terms with their old companies...why can't we hear their old stuff? Or even some old AFRO shows from 'NEW and whatnot? Big Ass 203!

TonyBagels

Gemutlichkeit
I absolutely love BigAss202. If they have to go to 203, so be it. Provided: Earl has nothing to do with programming, but that's for another thread. I'd have to echo Mikey's sentiments and say that a Hideout or a Cosmic Circus in the daily rotation would be phenominal.

XMhater

I would love to see Ron & Fez get their own channel when the boys return....sometimes I am in the mood for one or the other and the way it was I could only get R & F live or wait till midnight...wouldn't mind the hideout or a cosmic circus show or something but i'm all for R&F 24/7...also don't know if anyone brought this up but are their any plans to do another FM show in NY...i mean i've heard the ratings were good so i find it hard to believe that another station wouldn't be willing to pick them up...then maybe do a simulcast on XM or something
I'm completely in favor of R&F having their own channel. I also love both shows and would like to have the choice of which I want to listen to and when throughout the day.

Logistically, it would make sense to stagger the daily replays for O&A and R&F so that you can either listen to a replay of O&A on 202 or a best-of R&F on their channel and then vice versa. However, I wouldn't complain if both channels reran that day's show continuosly.

From XM's standpoint, I don't know a lot about the technology involved but it would seem to me that it shouldn't cost them a lot more to simply run the shows on their own stations. It would be a nice gift to us after enduring this suspension bullshit.

XM won't give R&F their own channel because all it will do is siphon away listeners from O&A witch I'm sure they charge a nice premium to advertisers.

TonyBagels

Gemutlichkeit
XM won't give R&F their own channel because all it will do is siphon away listeners from O&A witch I'm sure they charge a nice premium to advertisers.
Tell them about the advertisers, Harry!

circpro

No Complaints here
thought they already had their own channel?

give me those ribs you.....

DREW

Ron and Fez 4 hrs all the way that's what I say

Southtown

I am going to get hammered for this but I am so tired of all this "Give/Should Ron and Fez get there own channel" talk.

Its just not going to happen people so stop dreaming,speculating and all of this other stuff. Its just a waste of time.
For one its not like XM has all these unlimited amount of channels waiting to give to people.
And for those complaining about replays, at least O&A and R&F have them. If they were only on FM we wouldnt have an option to hear a replay, and if the time of the replays is bad you can just download them or buy an Inno and record them. And this isnt a R&F bash, I LOVE them. I think Ron is probably the funniest and one of the smartest guys I will ever hear. He always knows what to say whether is a joke,serious interview,or calming Fez down. The guy is the fucking best guy on radio. I actually was thinking the other day how great it would be if Ron had his own tv interview type show. But that like R&F getting there own channel it will never happen, and I am cool with it.

This rant also goes for when after O&A have a really cool guest like Rogan for example come in and kill there is always the "Rogan for 3rd mic" or "Come on E-lo, give Rogan his own show" posts 10 minutes after the show is over.
Its kinda like when O&A say you dont listen to O&A for hard hitting news, just because E-lo is a friend of the show,doesnt mean hes going to go to Wackbag for programming decisions.

Flame on