What did Op say regarding the show in West Palm Beach?

Zillax0rz

Fagor, King of Fags, Ruler of Fagonia
Jun 1, 2006
So while I'm waiting for a replacement part for my XM radio, I've been forced to listen to the boys on 103.1 the Buzz, the station they're on in West Palm Beach. Today at the end of the CBS side, as Op was saying goodbye to Chicago, he went on saying, "We're off in Pittsburgh and in Detroit and in WPB, we're..." and the feed cut and went into some 90's alternative.

Can anyone clue me in what he said?

75.1Glide

He said the would be ALL XM by April. Then he and Ant had a very special goodbye that was presented to WPB on the XM side.......sorry dude you missed it.

Zillax0rz

Jun 1, 2006
Hmm, figures. The station plays two full songs during breaks due to, what I'd imagine, complete lack of advertisement sales. This is a young city, so I'm surprised to see it happen, but granted, I've only seen 1 WoW sticker the past two years. For shame.

Zillax0rz

Jun 1, 2006
You know how to get them on the internets, right?
As stated, I'm an XMer first, coming from Orlando, so I'll be good as soon as I get a new car kit for my SkyFi 3. Thanks, though.

75.1Glide

WPB = Your dads wifes box........bwahahahahah

atxklown

Will you do me a Kindness
Jan 26, 2004
Austin TX
He wanted to know if you have junk around your house, but also in that junk do you might have extra gold around.........

Little Chuckie

Jul 21, 2005
They need a station closer to Frt. Lauderdale that could leak in to Miami. The WPB signal is worse than my old Mr. Microphone.

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
Hmm, figures. The station plays two full songs during breaks due to, what I'd imagine, complete lack of advertisement sales. This is a young city, so I'm surprised to see it happen, but granted, I've only seen 1 WoW sticker the past two years. For shame.
That's pathetic. I'm in Jacksonville and I've seen more WOW stickers, not counting the three I have of course.

Zillax0rz

Jun 1, 2006
They need a station closer to Frt. Lauderdale that could leak in to Miami. The WPB signal is worse than my old Mr. Microphone.
Dude, seriously, I don't get it. Every day, the signal strength is completely different on the same exact route. It can come in perfect or I'll be getting a different station.

Fuck the Buzz and its gay bake sale.

Little Chuckie

Jul 21, 2005
The coverage map for the station doesn't look THAT bad for a Florida station. It's a 90,000 effective radiated watt station, thats not shabby.

http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat?call=WPBZ&service=FM&status=L&hours=U
Within the first circle, not a problem with reception. After the second its static and mixed with other stations, within the second its hit and miss.

Never knew they had it in Indian Town, FL. Explains why they mostly broadcast to the forests and trees and not people. Same strength out of Frt. Lauderdale could get O&A 10 times the possible listeners.

I need to stop by the Buzz and pick up some WOW stickers before they throw them out.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
Within the first circle, not a problem with reception. After the second its static and mixed with other stations, within the second its hit and miss.

Never knew they had it in Indian Town, FL. Explains why they mostly broadcast to the forests and trees and not people. Same strength out of Frt. Lauderdale could get O&A 10 times the possible listeners.

I need to stop by the Buzz and pick up some WOW stickers before they throw them out.
a little dumpster diving
nice

deadfruitvirus

One character short :(
Mar 3, 2005
Los Angeles, CA

When I was in Florida I got pretty good reception of The Buzz to the north. There's a pirate in Davie, FL on 103.1 that's hurting its signal in Broward county, but that's really not an issue because The Buzz only cares about Palm Beach and Martin counties.

It's in Indiantown because there's only so many stations that can be licensed to one city. West Palm Beach, Florida has five FM stations licensed to that city. The city of license isn't all that relevant. It's where the stick is and if it can reach the most populated areas, which WPBZ does nicely.

BleedingAsshole

I hate white women...
Sep 26, 2007
Flori-duh
The Buzz has always SUCKED. When they switched formats from Z-Rock, to become the gay emo-band loving fag-fest that 103.1 has been for a decade, I was pissed.

Then I watched as they just used O&A for a few months before they could hire Kevin and Virginia away from Wild 95.5.......Hell No 2 H2O ?? Give me a fucking break. Oh better yet, maybe they could get Bob and Tom. No wait, WZZR beat them to it:haha7:

This is the same station that used to have a morning show called "Mark and Meathead" back in the mid 90s:icon_roll

However, I have to depend on 103.1 on my way to work, as I am too poor to afford a car kit for my Skyfi2. I'm so grateful for the XM replay. I'm gonna need a new Alpine headunit soon.

All I have to say is thank fucking god for XM.:clap:

SurlyTruckDrivr

You've got a friend in WDTv2.0
Apr 28, 2005
Westport, Mass
I actually met the first person down here tonight that had at least heard of the boys, some 22 y/o chick in a bar in
Palm Bach Gardens. I've been here 3 months, just moved from Mass and other than my car I've seen 1 wow sticker that was on a street sign in Ft Lauderdale. Hopefully something happens in WPB, but not looking to good right now.

BleedingAsshole

I hate white women...
Sep 26, 2007
Flori-duh
I actually met the first person down here tonight that had at least heard of the boys, some 22 y/o chick in a bar in
Palm Bach Gardens. I've been here 3 months, just moved from Mass and other than my car I've seen 1 wow sticker that was on a street sign in Ft Lauderdale. Hopefully something happens in WPB, but not looking to good right now.
That's because all the young people down here "Bump their heads to the X102.3 Dawg" Everyone down here is a thug or a redneck. You'd think they would have killed each other off by now:rolleyes: