What do you hate most about Thanksgiving?

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
In other words, what are you NOT thankful for? :p

Everyone tries to throw all this shit at everyone else about how Thanksgiving is the one time of year where everyone is united and happy and thankful to have everything in their life.

But we all know that's bullshit.

Every Thanksgiving is the same. You put a fake smile on your face and you go out of town to see the family that made you move away in the first place. Then you sit there for an hour as the toddlers fling food at each other with their spoons, the women in the family babble about how good the food is and asking for recipes, the guys talking about sports or business while you pretend to care about the conversation, and the elders bitch and moan about their bad hip, and then forgetting what they were bitching about.

I'd say that's what I hate about Thanksgiving. Seeing my family. Everyone in my family, with the exception of my sister and her husband, is completely fucking insane. I know you're thinking, "well, everyone's family is a little nutty, but that's why we love them <3" I'm not saying they are nutty, or wacky, or any kind of "fun" variation of the word crazy. I mean they are literally mentally unstable. My mother's side of the family is full of superstitious, paranoid, sociopathic religious nuts. Since my dad's side of the family never talks to eachother anymore (imagine how crazy that would make them) it's always my mother's side that joins us for family events.

The only reason I am still living in the same state as my psychotic relatives is because my parents pay my bills. :icon_redf

JimsInfectedEye

That's very hurtful, sir.
May 21, 2005
Philadelphia
x2.

But, its only one day - hell, not even that, maybe 12 hours. I deal with it because its family.

MAV

Nov 23, 2005
Denver, CO
i hate threads by travis involving thanksgiving.

well, not really, i hate all travis threads

Oct 13, 2004
Westchester, NY
Thanksgiving is really boring besides the food. I just hate answering the same questions that you have to every year by the same people.

"Where do you go to school?"
"What's your major?"
"Anything new?"

My family is normal, but they pretty much all hate each other. I mean my cousins get along but my aunts and uncles don't. It's just the one other time you have to see all them (Jewish holidays is the other) so it's not all that bad. I actually can't live without one of my aunt and uncle cause they let me crash there after a night at Rileys instead of driving all the way home (Fresh Meadows FTW).

I guess I hate that it's fake. We have to have nonversations (conversations about nothing) and bullshit our way through a big dinner. If any of us cared about each other, we'd see each other more then once every 6 months. If it were up to me, Thanksgiving would be my close friends and I hanging out together, getting dinner somewhere nice.

Thanksgiving is just a day off.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I actually like my family ... and the extended family which consists of both my sisters' in-laws & families. Whether it's at my mother's or sisters' or in-laws', there's always a lot of laughing and stuff. Oh - just don't ask anyone to pass a baked potato or a roll unless you' have quick hands. Food had been know to literally go flying across the table.

Smokezilla

U. S. Backstroke Roulette Champion
Jul 30, 2005
BumFuck-Egypt, KY
What's to hate???? Lots of food, a paid day off from work, NFL football x2 in the MIDDLE OF THE WEEK. . . I don't see a downside.:D

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
I like Thanksgiving. Any day that involves a feast is OK by me. The only reason Travis doesn't like Thanksgiving is the Cumsicles for dessert.

unklewilly

Nov 13, 2006
The fact that the show will go into worst of mode for a few days. This means ERock will just toss anything he can squeeze his fat lil fingers around instead of trying to find great old bits that we havent heard in a long time. I think its great that they got some old WNEW stuff back, but how come we have to keep hearing the same old XM stuff we already heard 1000 times or god forbid the Jim Jeffries episode again. I thought it was a great show altogether, but after hearing it 8 times in 2 days then replayed again over the weekend Im starting to wonder what the fuck are they thinking when they schedule worst ofs.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
ive heard the frito casserole has a little wang too it though

oh and i hate all holidays now, and want to see no one or do anything.

pike

You will be molested
Aug 8, 2004
Cleveland, OH
Every Thanksgiving is the same. You put a fake smile on your face and you go out of town to see the family that made you move away in the first place. Then you sit there for an hour as the toddlers fling food at each other with their spoons, the women in the family babble about how good the food is and asking for recipes, the guys talking about sports or business while you pretend to care about the conversation, and the elders bitch and moan about their bad hip, and then forgetting what they were bitching about.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Fortunately for me, I have the option of going in to work and getting paid double time and a half for working Thanksgiving (and Christmas/Christmas Eve.. woo hoo!!) and doing absolutely nothing while I'm there, because the boss sure as hell isn't going to show his face on a holiday.

-Mike

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
Thanksgiving is just boring...Yep! The same exact convos you hear every holiday...Since Im 21 now my relatives treat me like an adult now which sucks too cuz they talk to me as well...Goddammit! I dont want to talk to you! I just want my dry turkey and to watch football.......I like chillen with my sister and my cousins though...My father and uncle are 2 old school Italian's so its fun to get in a convo with them and just be racist for a day...but the food is so boring now..every Thanksgiving should be a new food...

Monstercloud

Feb 15, 2005
NH
Pick one, Thanksgiving or Christmas. At least for Christmas, there's always a chance that you can use the "Oh... well we would go, but the roads are just terrible!" excuse, and kill two birds with one stone.

Back to the topic at hand, I don't mind it too much, but by the time I've eaten and left my grandparents house, I'm dozing off and the weight of my own head is keeping me from napping on the way home...

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
Every family is like this right?

Everyone comes and makes small talk....One of the Uncles has the control and is flipping through the channels....everyone can't wait to eat/ some more small talk...All the men go wacth t.v after while the women sit at the table and discuss the world and how fucked up it is...by this time all the men are dosing off watching some shitty football game that doesnt mean anything. THe end. I love Anthony's description of his thanksgiving couple years ago.

jsc315

AnalCunt
Dec 8, 2004
Evergreen Park,IL
This year its guna be the travel. I have to actually drive more on the road than be with the family. But considering my mom's bf's mother lost her son and husband last year i'd feel shitty not being there.

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
I actually like my family ... and the extended family

Me too. I have a filipino wife who has a HUGE family. Mother is one of 15 and father is one of 12. We only get to see the mothers side (most of her fathers side is still in the Philipines), but there is still a ton of them, and they are all really great people. If we didn't live an hour away, we would probably hang out with all her cousins on a very regular basis.

Dopie Opie

Oct 22, 2004
At 37, reading this thread makes me feel fucking old for some reason.

I guess when I was in my twenties I hated the holidays too. All of a sudden, you get married, pop out a few kids and the holidays are not so bad anymore.

My biggest gripe is some of the nieces and nephews. My kids are pretty mellow kids, but a couple of my nephews are little savages and they get my kids all owrked up.

I hate yelling at my guys because they are generally very good kids, but you can't let them run buck wild otherwise you never get them back in line.

On top of that the other parents, let their savages do what they want and my kids look at me and my wife like we are monsters.

One day they will be appreciative

I hope