what do you think about mike gravel?

wigsnatcher

usually confused
May 11, 2007
Nashville
i love him, he's crazy as fuck and doesn't seem to be telling people "just what we want to hear".check him out on youtube. he wants to end the war, legalize gay marriage, legalize pot, universal health care, etc. obvously he doesn' have a chance in hell, but i was just wondering if anyone else is as impressed by him as i am.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
Tippy Tom for president!

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
Why would I vote for Gravel when Ron Paul is around?

TrybalRage

Aug 5, 2004
Kennesaw, GA
Isn't he the guy that wants to make this a democracy and not a republic?

Mass voting for laws and all that?

UCFGavin

Feb 25, 2006
i like gravel's honesty and character...but RP for me

KingTheoden84

Jun 9, 2007
Isn't he the guy that wants to make this a democracy and not a republic?

Mass voting for laws and all that?
Yeah, he advocates an extreme Athens-style government in which all people of 18 years in the US vote for specific policy measures. That sounds great- it would take the non-productive masses about a day to figure out they can vote themselves the wealth of the minority that does enjoy plenty.

I think Gravel is sincere but unfortunately for him his designs do not begin to fit with the Constitution and the notion of republican (representative) government.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
[Opie]HAH! A politican that wants to make a difference.[/Opie] Just shut up and pick the prettiest face to maintain the status quo.

And I consider ending the war returning to status quo. For a while the war was a neat little distraction. I mean it's war! Stuff blows up! A statue got knocked down! Then it went a little too long, got a little too real, and it started to interfere with our happiness and complacently.

wigsnatcher

usually confused
May 11, 2007
Nashville
im not even going to lie,... someone mentions legalized pot and i get all excited:D

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
im not even going to lie,... someone mentions legalized pot and i get all excited:D
I do too since, IMO, it's one of the few problems in this country that could be easily changed by just a few laws. It's the simplest problem to fix. Like all the other major problems are either far too ingrained in the people or the system is far too corrupt to fix. But fixing drug laws just seems so, in my naivete, simple. So it's kind of my most important issue since it's the only one I think can be changed. It won't be changed, but it can be.

UCFGavin

Feb 25, 2006
I do too since, IMO, it's one of the few problems in this country that could be easily changed by just a few laws. It's the simplest problem to fix. Like all the other major problems are either far too ingrained in the people or the system is far too corrupt to fix. But fixing drug laws just seems so, in my naivete, simple. So it's kind of my most important issue since it's the only one I think can be changed. It won't be changed, but it can be.
actually if Ron Paul wins there is a good chance it could get changed. the man was a doctor and fully supports the decriminalization of marijuana and supports the use of medical marijuana. he also wants to do away with the war on drugs, because it does almost nothing but waste federal money and cause crime in low income areas where the drugs are prevalent.

UCFGavin

Feb 25, 2006
also wig, don't vote for someone based on their "chances" of winning. vote for them based on your beliefs and their ability to support your beliefs. all of these people that try to argue with you and say "he can't win, thats throwing a vote away" are the main reason this country is in the position its in. if you support gravel, then do it!