What do you think of Prenuptials?

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
[FONT=&quot]I have come to the conclusion that prenuptials should be a requirement for all marriages. Why? Because it would spell out that the relationship was there only for love and not for monetary reasons. It would also make any split-up a more amicable and quicker without the negative effects.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What do you think of prenuptials?[/FONT]

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
I think they are worthless, any good lawyer would chew one up n spit it out... Marriage is for suckers .... FLAT OUT!

there is not one good reason to be married.

Gonzoid

The Tenacious T-Bagger
I cannot fathom how any athlete, entertainer or rich person would even think about getting married without aprenup. If you have nothing going into it, it is one thing. It is quite another if you come into it with cake on your own and then when shit goes south...your future ex feels entitled to bank they had no business with in the first place.

Amazingly, there are some marriages that do work. I always get a kick whenever there is any type of marriage discussion on this board and there are a bunch of people proclaiming that they will never get married ever. I am not saying this is the case for everyone, but it is my opinion. There are some women out there who will love you like a wife to a husband without the legal paperwork of a marriage but they are far and few between. Ronnie B brought up a great point that I have long thought: While most people in their 20's and 30's can be living a fun life with no thought towards ever getting married...that can get old once you hit your 40's and 50's with no family, kids, legacy, etc.

Look at all those old 58 year old career women that all of a sudden do in-vitro because they feel unfulfilled. They realized that while they mocked other women for leaving their careers to raise families when they were younger...these women got to a point when they figured out that they were easily replacable at work and will leave nothing of relevance behind when they died.

Just my opinion...

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Only if I make more money than her. Now if I married say.....Bill Gates daughter.....then I'd be opposed to a prenup because she should be able to trust that I love her and that it's not about money.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I don't like the idea of prenups because I think you shouldn't go into a marriage acknowledging that it likely will fail. I think that they should just make the divorce laws more fair. Take Ant's situation. Pretty obvious to see who was bringing in the money. She should have been paid a nice stipend, but only enough to maintain an adequate lifestyle. No longer married to the rockstar, you don't get to keep living like you are.

ern

Hiding behind my keyboard
My wife and I didn't have any, but we were young and poor - straight out of college. I can see why wealthy people have them. I wouldn't think they would do much for you other than possibly settle one or two issues like some possessions that you might cherish beyond a monetary amount. Normally the first thing the ex goes for in the divorce settlement, from what I hear.

Wow SOS, you are really carrying the torch on this board lately.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
I think of it as a safety net. The guy/gal walking the tightrope doesn't plan or expect to fall, but if he/she does, it's nice to know there is a safety net.

My net worth isn't huge, but I've worked my ass off to own a home. There is no way I'd get married without one, unless my husband-to-be is wealthy beyond my wildest dreams.

MilkmanDan

Uncontrollable Urge
Marriage is really an outdated concept but thats besides the point. If the 2 people truely love each other, a Pre-nup should be an afterthought and done. That way neither ever has to worry about the other mooching off them

It is a personal decision, but I don't think it's the governments business to tell me I have to have one, or to imply my marriage will fail. When I had a business with another guy I thought it would be appropriate to draw out what her involvment would be should we split, in fairness to my business partner... but now, eh she makes as much as me and we don't have much in terms of assets, house, few cars and crap. It's not for me. If I am thinking heavily about it I have to wonder if the girl is right for me.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Most of the staff cancelled their subscriptions in protest and don't listen to the PT streams.

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
[FONT=&quot]I have come to the conclusion that prenuptials should be a requirement for all marriages. Why? Because it would spell out that the relationship was there only for love and not for monetary reasons. It would also make any split-up a more amicable and quicker without the negative effects.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What do you think of prenuptials?[/FONT]
What's the deal with the tiny font? Was someone watching over your shoulder?

"I think prenups are a good idea"

"No dear - I said prenups are for queers!"

Unless there's something like a business involved with partners other than the couple, I don't know that they necessarily accomplish more than putting money into a lawyers pockets. It seems that everyone ultimately fights them in court anyway.

My cousin is a divorce lawyer and my mother was a paralegal in firms that also specialized in matrimonial issue. I can't tell you how many times prenups were responsible for divorces because of time clauses (alimony and support based on number of years married, etc.). Husbands would try to get divorced before a milestone date, while the wives would wait it out til just after a milestone date.

jackjack

My wife and I didn't have any, but we were young and poor - straight out of college. I can see why wealthy people have them. I wouldn't think they would do much for you other than possibly settle one or two issues like some possessions that you might cherish beyond a monetary amount. Normally the first thing the ex goes for in the divorce settlement, from what I hear.

Well, don't get rich and divorce the wife..

Anthony was a laborer and the wife was a bartender when they married.

izzy izkowitz

Chris Hansen is my hero
prenups are strictly for people who have no intent on staying married. If you are so sure that your marriage will fail then save the court time and don't get married. Have fun and stay single.

cozzie

head retard
Make divorces cost a million dollars just to file. Two things will happen, there will be no mariages, and the Inbreeds will kill each other.

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
My wife has all the money... I didn't sign one. TEEHEE! Joke's on her!

I think they are worthless, any good lawyer would chew one up n spit it out... Marriage is for suckers .... FLAT OUT!

there is not one good reason to be married.
I wish I knew that before I got married. Now since we have a daughter that I love very much, I'm stuck in this miserable shit. The big D would crush her, but the constant bickering isn't good either. Either way I'm fucked. Good thing I'm only home on weekends.