What Does Being Anti-American Mean To You?

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
It's a term thrown out a lot, in blogs, in rhetoric, in messageboard posts. It's often used to described lefties (because they are clearly the only people who are working against the Constitution). So I'll throw it out for everyone. Define what being anti-American means.

There is a word limit and you will need to present it in front of the rest of the class.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Politicians take an Oath of Office, they swear to their G-d to protect and defend the Constitution from all enemies, Foreign or Domestic. It really is simple.

Anyone that talks about collective rights or some other nonsense really should tried and hung when their actions help that cause through undermining our G-d given rights.

Yeah I know. Since 9-11 we've seen what was left of the Constitution, Bill of Rights, Habeas Corpus, Due Process, Separation of Powers disintegrate before our eyes. Those things are "American." The very heart of what makes this country what it is.

And some people are trying to tell me being against an unconstitutional undeclared war is anti American. None of these people argue Constitution, or legality, or what's right or lawful. They argue emotion and try to brute force their opinion on everyone. Peace is not their goal. They love chaos, war, death, destruction and thrive in it. Fear is their best friend. Facts are their worst enemy.

Somewhere along the line the neocons have planted this idiotic notion in 23% of the peoples' heads that if it ain't the neocon way it's not American. And I assure you, it's only around 23%. The same 23% who would follow anything the New Fascists tell them to.

To those 23% of the country I'd like to say go fuck yourselves.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i don't even know were to begin, every were i look i see un American things going on, at the highest levels of our government, and our society, and believe it or not i see the most un American things coming from the most "patriotic" people.

Schmed

I'm a corpse without a soul...
Nov 4, 2002
Shitsville, NY
Jack Murtha who puts the word of the enemy over our marines (so called Haditha massacre) to pander to the likes of Nancy Pelosi and the rest of the communists.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Anti-American means aiding enemies in any way, and it also means purposefully preventing any sort of progress for the nation. It gets a litle bit more subjective on that one though I think.

Treat_Yourself

Nov 17, 2006
The constitution guarantees American citizens certain rights. Among those are free speech, freedom to keep and bear arms, voting rights, protection from illegal search and seizure, and several others. Anyone who tries to take those rights away is fucking anti-American.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
The constitution guarantees American citizens certain rights. Among those are free speech, freedom to keep and bear arms, voting rights, protection from illegal search and seizure, and several others. Anyone who tries to take those rights away is fucking anti-American.
Actually, it places limits on the government and secures the rights of the people, who are born with those "rights."

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
anti-American is ANYONE who tries to undermine US military action or put the security of American citizens in jeopardy. Whether that is by their own actions or information they give to outside actors. People who politicize the war and people who accept (or announce) defeat also should be shot.

squish the bugs!!!!!!!!

Stig

Wackbag's All-Time Greatest Heel
Jul 26, 2005
NH
Yeah I know. Since 9-11 we've seen what was left of the Constitution, Bill of Rights, Habeas Corpus, Due Process, Separation of Powers disintegrate before our eyes. Those things are "American." The very heart of what makes this country what it is.

And some people are trying to tell me being against an unconstitutional undeclared war is anti American. None of these people argue Constitution, or legality, or what's right or lawful. They argue emotion and try to brute force their opinion on everyone. Peace is not their goal. They love chaos, war, death, destruction and thrive in it. Fear is their best friend. Facts are their worst enemy.

Somewhere along the line the neocons have planted this idiotic notion in 23% of the peoples' heads that if it ain't the neocon way it's not American. And I assure you, it's only around 23%. The same 23% who would follow anything the New Fascists tell them to.

To those 23% of the country I'd like to say go fuck yourselves.
You left out "MMMAAAAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!!" :action-sm

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
People who politicize the war and people who accept (or announce) defeat also should be shot.
This will take out 90% of the country including almost every single politician or political-wannabe walking the streets...

your ideas are intriguing.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
The Democratic Party - they are hoping for failure in order to try and capitalize for political gain. Word is, the report on the troop surge is gonna be a doozy. That cocksucker Clyburn who said it would be "a real big problem for us" if the surge report is positive. Yeah asshole, a big problem for you and your political cronies. Go fuck yourselves!

Hoping for failure and expressing a defeatist attitude all for political gain is about the most Anti-American thing I can think of.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
Any American that sells their morality for a buck.

Americais the land of the free... but the only thing that saves our kind from ourselves are, ourselves.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
The Democratic Party - they are hoping for failure in order to try and capitalize for political gain. Word is, the report on the troop surge is gonna be a doozy. That cocksucker Clyburn who said it would be "a real big problem for us" if the surge report is positive. Yeah asshole, a big problem for you and your political cronies. Go fuck yourselves!

Hoping for failure and expressing a defeatist attitude all for political gain is about the most Anti-American thing I can think of.
But lying, skewing the facts and using fear tactics for political gain is 100% American?

I really think it is such crap using the war and the military as the one guide post to determine our Americanism. And acting like the only way to support this country is to blindly accept whatever the military does and if God forbid you decide to question it, or doubt its working or want to bring the troops home then you're defeatist and hate this country. We shouldn't feel compelled to blindly say "Yay War" if what they're doing is wrong, or they are doing it the wrong way. Why is questioning what our increasingly fucked up, incompetent government does the most anti-American thing we can think of? For most people, it's not the troops they have a problem with, it's the mishandling of this entire war. And thought that means people are speaking up against the government, it is what this country was founded on. And to act like the Democrats are the only people using the failures (yes, failures) for their political advantage is crazy.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Never said it wasn't. As my post says, it's the most Anti-American thing I can think of... hoping for us to fail. Wanting military defeat, wanting the blood of American soldiers for political capital. It's sickening.

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
The Democratic Party - they are hoping for failure in order to try and capitalize for political gain.
If you've ever watched a campaign ad in the last 40 years, all EITHER party does is promote the other's failure for politcal gain. I can't remember the last time I saw an ad that touted what good the sponsoring candidate has done, Rather, it's all about how the other has fucked up.

On the anti-American stance, my thoughts in a nutshell are:

Anyone that puts our country and way of life in jeopardy, whether it be through a doomed foreign policy, selling secrets, exposing undercover operatives, trampling or the Constitution and Bill of Rights, flying planes into buildings, etc. Basically anything that works directly or indirectly in undermining the safety as well as the rights we are afforded as a nation.

Soapbox here:

The politicization of this war is almost as ridiculous as the original reasoning (or next 20 reasons that we came up with when the first one didn't pan out) behind this war. Nobody wants to talk about how we fucked ourselves by not doing it correctly the first time, when we had the ample opportunity in '91. Instead, they'd rather polarize the country because it's better for them, in terms of keeping their respective power bases. Republican and Democrat alike. Nobody wants to talk about the fact that we've created a messier, deadlier, and more problematic country as a result of this blunder than ever existed when Saddam was still in power (not that he was idea, but we knew what we were dealing with at least). As a registered Republican, I get called a closet Democrat for voicing my displeasure over this whole fiasco. God forbid, I don't tow the entire party line and actually think for myself on an issue...you know, something the founding fathers held dear. When I first became able to vote, I voted based on party, I'll admit it. Thank god I finally wised up and realized that there are good and bad on each side, and if the most qualified person is non-GOP, then oh well, that's where my vote goes.

Sorry, just had to vent.