What game are you playing now?

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Started playing Ring of Elysium for free. It's battle royale in the snow. It's only in beta but already it's better than PUBG.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Tetris Effect.

I was like "meh, more tetris".....then I played it.

It's soooooooooo good. Best puzzle game in years. I can't wait to play it in VR.

Voodoo Ben

The African Dream
I have been playing Octopath Traveler for the switch.

When i play it in hand held mode it hurts my eyes, but when i play it on the tv it doesn't hurt my eyes.

This happen to anybody else?

BIV

Hey PC nerds, the year's best PC game, Boundless, is 30% off on steam right now.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
I finished Spider-Man but none of the DLC or NG+, then I sort of languished until RDR2 came out. I've been playing that, but it's just... it's just so fucking much. I wake up, I shave, I do chores around the camp then go off on some damn adventure or another, but there's just SO MUCH. So then I got some weird $15 credit from Playstation for being part of a something or other that I had no idea about, so I used it to get Assassins Creed: Pharaohs and the remastered Last of Us. AC felt like a dumbed down RDR2 with getting on mounts and crafting and random people hollering at me right before a fight starts for reasons I don't understand.

So I don't know what the fuck game I'm playing right now.

BIV

I finished Spider-Man but none of the DLC or NG+, then I sort of languished until RDR2 came out. I've been playing that, but it's just... it's just so fucking much. I wake up, I shave, I do chores around the camp then go off on some damn adventure or another, but there's just SO MUCH. So then I got some weird $15 credit from Playstation for being part of a something or other that I had no idea about, so I used it to get Assassins Creed: Pharaohs and the remastered Last of Us. AC felt like a dumbed down RDR2 with getting on mounts and crafting and random people hollering at me right before a fight starts for reasons I don't understand.

I hear ya.

I'm not sure how I feel about RDR 2. I love so much about it, but the total package seems.....I don't know, more like work than a game. And this is coming from someone who spent an hour mining in a voxel game the other night.

Maybe if the controls didn't feel last gen and the UI wasn't complete shit the other stuff wouldn't grate as much.

Both Bethesda and R* need to suck it up and build all new engines.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
I hear ya.

I'm not sure how I feel about RDR 2. I love so much about it, but the total package seems.....I don't know, more like work than a game. And this is coming from someone who spent an hour mining in a voxel game the other night.

Maybe if the controls didn't feel last gen and the UI wasn't complete shit the other stuff wouldn't grate as much.

Both Bethesda and R* need to suck it up and build all new engines.
Yeah, like this is a great experience. Phenomenal. You want to be a cowboy? Well wake up early and lug some hay and then herd some sheep, then do some fishing, lose a dollar in poker, and wake up and do it again tomorrow. But I think I had a lot more FUN in RDR1. That one was funner and a little easier to understand.

Not that there's not a value to a twelve minute cutscene watching myself get eaten by a Legendary Bear, but y'know.

BIV

...my head hurts...

I'll go back to this years 14th best game, fallout 76.
I didn't watch, but I have no idea why it took 17 minutes to say "go to one of these three worlds and dig above lvl 140."

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
I didn't watch, but I have no idea why it took 17 minutes to say "go to one of these three worlds and dig above lvl 140."
Its the best game of the year and you wont even give it a gander? Even I got 10 mins in before I said "fuck this shit".

BIV

anyone played monster hunter and think its worth a few sheckles?
Monster hunter is a hoot. Not normally my type of game but all the elements work really well.

When you first start, the combat feels kinda clunky. But once you get past your initial instincts to just wail, you realize it's not clubky at all. It's purposeful and weighty.

And taking out a giant beast with a sword just feels boss.

Really great game.

My onky hesitation to recommend comes from mp. One of the great things is the jump in-jump out MP. If the player base is gone, defeating some of the higher end beasts is going to be a royal bitch.

But if you are getting this for 20 bucks or less, yes, buy it. Without reservations.

Any other year this would have been a GotY contender.

BIV

anyone played monster hunter and think its worth a few sheckles?
Monster hunter is a hoot. Not normally my type of game but all the elements work really well.

When you first start, the combat feels kinda clunky. But once you get past your initial instincts to just wail, you realize it's not clubky at all. It's purposeful and weighty.

And taking out a giant beast with a sword just feels boss.

Really great game.

My onky hesitation to recommend comes from mp. One of the great things is the jump in-jump out MP. If the player base is gone, defeating some of the higher end beasts is going to be a royal bitch.

But if you are getting this for 20 bucks or less, yes, buy it. Without reservations.

Any other year this would have been a GotY contender.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Hey PC nerds, the year's best PC game, Boundless, is 30% off on steam right now.
Took a long look at it. Is it as MMO as it seems? I kind of like games where everyone can just fuck off and I can play solo.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Yeah, MMO voxel. I play solo.
Is it easy enough to get by solo? You're not getting to endgame in other MMO's without interacting with others.

....dunno what Voxel is...you mean grid based?...

BIV

Is it easy enough to get by solo? You're not getting to endgame in other MMO's without interacting with others.

....dunno what Voxel is...you mean grid based?...
Voxel: um....think Minecraft-ish. Block based building.

The endgame isn't even in the game yet. You should be able to solo everything available at the moment

DiggerNick

Donator
Started playing BLACK DESERT ONLINE, a Korean-made MMO that's supposedly pretty hardcore.

But it only cost me about $7, so if I don't like it after a couple days I could probably get a refund. It seems pretty glitchy (it crashed twice during my character creation) and the graphics pop-in is outrageous, but I'm liking it so far.

BIV

Spent some time in PSVR last night. First did a little youtube, just to get used to it. That's fun.

Next I played Tetris Effect. That's pretty awesome. I mean, we are not breaking new ground here, but the already greatly improved gameplay is further enhanced by the 3-D particle effect. I never thought I would call a puzzle game immersive, but that's exactly what it turned into.

Then I played some sort of online FPS. Kinda clunky, not my jam.

Then I popped in Moss. You control the little mouse with the sticks and buttons, you play a giant "reader" who can manipulate the environment using motion controls and the triggers. Nothing complex here, but it's SOOO much fun. They use the VR in subtle ways that really pulls you in...like coming up on one of those, inevitable, jumps that are made extra difficult because of the camera view. I started to get annoyed until i realized I was playing in the 3-D space. They actually designed it so you had to physically look around the wall to make the jump.

It's very effective at fooling your brain. Take the warning about clearing a space around you seriously. You get so sucked into the VR world that you lose track of your relative position IRL.

I could have played all night if not for how physically taxing it is. It's just so much input. After 90+ minutes I was exhausted.

Overall, Very good. Will VR again.

I would love it if someone like Games Workshop brought a tabletop miniatures game into VR. It seems like a perfect fit.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Spent some time in PSVR last night. First did a little youtube, just to get used to it. That's fun.

Next I played Tetris Effect. That's pretty awesome. I mean, we are not breaking new ground here, but the already greatly improved gameplay is further enhanced by the 3-D particle effect. I never thought I would call a puzzle game immersive, but that's exactly what it turned into.

Then I played some sort of online FPS. Kinda clunky, not my jam.

Then I popped in Moss. You control the little mouse with the sticks and buttons, you play a giant "reader" who can manipulate the environment using motion controls and the triggers. Nothing complex here, but it's SOOO much fun. They use the VR in subtle ways that really pulls you in...like coming up on one of those, inevitable, jumps that are made extra difficult because of the camera view. I started to get annoyed until i realized I was playing in the 3-D space. They actually designed it so you had to physically look around the wall to make the jump.

It's very effective at fooling your brain. Take the warning about clearing a space around you seriously. You get so sucked into the VR world that you lose track of your relative position IRL.

I could have played all night if not for how physically taxing it is. It's just so much input. After 90+ minutes I was exhausted.

Overall, Very good. Will VR again.

I would love it if someone like Games Workshop brought a tabletop miniatures game into VR. It seems like a perfect fit.
VR is now literally the ONLY thing that would bring me back to NMS, and I keep hearing rumors about it, but nothing ever concrete.

Fred West

The Last Of Us is bloody good. I've just played it for the first time in 2 years and while there is the odd slow moment when you're looking for a ladder or some shit, it's always going somewhere. The multiplayer is massively underrated, too.

Very much looking forward to the sequel, but also wary that it could be undermined by the SJW crusade judging by the trailer.

Fred West

The Last Of Us is bloody good. I've just played it for the first time in 2 years and while there is the odd slow moment when you're looking for a ladder or some shit, it's always going somewhere. The multiplayer is massively underrated, too.

Very much looking forward to the sequel, but also wary that it could be undermined by the SJW crusade judging by the trailer.