What game are you playing now?

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
VR is now literally the ONLY thing that would bring me back to NMS, and I keep hearing rumors about it, but nothing ever concrete.
Its still grindy as fuck. Even after the massive update.

I stopped playing because they make you do about 3 days of busy work before you can actually use an ATV for ground travel. I tried for almost a week and still couldn't work my way to recruiting the fucking car guy. Utter nonsense.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Playing This War of Mine and Fallout 76. One of the most critically acclaimed and one of the most critically hated games. I balance shit out that way.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
To be honest, anything I play is just killing time, waiting for the Dreams beta.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
To be honest, anything I play is just killing time, waiting for the Dreams beta.
I still don't even understand what the hell that game is, except I'm sure you'll be able to play Skyrim in it eventually.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
It just reminded me of working in Bethesda's creation kit to make mods. I guess since you never had the option on console it would excite you a bit.

BIV

I still don't even understand what the hell that game is, except I'm sure you'll be able to play Skyrim in it eventually.
Think of it as a user friendly game and video engine, except it also includes a full graphical and animation suite, a full audio suite (as a radio guy, it's one of the most impressive audio programs I've ever seen) and a full suite of tools to create damn near any kind of game or video you can think of.

Of course, it comes with a full game of it's own. The whole thing is created in Dreams to demonstrate the tools.

Coupled with that is the Dreamerverse (I think that's what it's called.)

Say you are really good at making music. Instead of having to make a whole game, just upload your songs to the dreamerverse. Game creators that are not so musically inclined can pull songs from the dreamerverse and the original author automatically gets full credit for his work.

Or, instead of music, it could be trees, or characters, or apply-able animations, or code strings.

And the crafting tools themselves.....without watching the streams, it's hard to describe how in depth they are. Not to mention how user friendly.

Or....you can choose not to create anything at all. If LittleBigPlanet is any indicator, the community will be creating quality content for years for you to play.

But, seriously, I doubt anyone could resist trying to create something of their own and with all the tools, everyone should be able to find SOMETHING they are good at.

And if you don't want to make a game, you could make animated features....and make them as long and detailed as you like. This is, easily, early Pixar level tools (likely better) in the hands of console gamers.

It's an amazing technical feat that could, literally, change the industry.

The biggest stumbling block is....well....your post. Trying to tell people what the Hell it is, getting the word out and convincing people you don't have to be a creator to enjoy it.

BIV

It just reminded me of working in Bethesda's creation kit to make mods. I guess since you never had the option on console it would excite you a bit.
Bethesda's creation tools are fun. But this isn't mods. This is game creation.

Mods are putting stickers in a book.

Media Molecule is giving us ink and paper and letting us make the book.

BIV

As a side note, MM has a new DreamStream up on Twitch. It'll hit YouTube tomorrow

BIV

Douche chills.

"Mods are putting stickers in a book."
Again, don't understand the douche chills.

How about this? Mods are like putting new seats or glass packs in a Camaro. Media Molecule is giving you the raw materials to build a Camaro.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Again, don't understand the douche chills.

How about this? Mods are like putting new seats or glass packs in a Camaro. Media Molecule is giving you the raw materials to build a Camaro.
Stop trying to sound eloquent! Were both dummies playing video games.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Ring of Elysium is a hoot. It's only in beta but it's more fun than PUBG. It's got some bugs but it doesn't ruin the game. At least not yet. I just need more friends to play with.

BIV

Just remembered, there was a black friday deal on Mortal Kombat XL for $5. Perfect price. Hop in, kick some NPC ass, maybe play as Alien or Predator for a while as a goof. Good fun. A good game, like a Tetris, that you can just hop into to kill some time.

Waiting for the complete version of Injustice 2 to drop in price, too.

BIV

If you are curious at all, this is a good watch. What he's able to build in a short amount of time is pretty astounding.

MTJonny

Donator
Bought Shadow of War on sale last weekend and after about an hour, it's boring as fuck. I thought someone mentioned it glowingly in the thread but now I can't find out who or where. Is there any reason I shouldn't just return it?

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Bought Shadow of War on sale last weekend and after about an hour, it's boring as fuck. I thought someone mentioned it glowingly in the thread but now I can't find out who or where. Is there any reason I shouldn't just return it?
Get rid of it.

BIV

Figuring the first half is the fun part....

BIV

I had no prejudice's going into it but within 5 minutes of the actual gameplay I was bored.
You gotta get a little further than that. When you start accumulating your army is when the real game starts.

I thought it was pretty fun with a terrible endgame.