What game are you playing now?

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Meh, the simulator's are never quite as much fun as the real thing.
Well I'm playing This War of Mine, since the new DLC came out this month, and I'm playing a new ranged character in Fallout 76.

Not sure either of those games would be up your alley.

MTJonny

Donator
I'm hearing great things about AC: Odyssey. Haven't got to it yet, though.
Assassian's Creed is one of those series that I never tried despite the popularity. No real reason why not, they just didn't appeal to me overmuch.

If I do start a series tho, I generally like to play series as linear as possible. Does the storyline follow from game to game or are they mostly stand alone?

MTJonny

Donator
Well I'm playing This War of Mine, since the new DLC came out this month, and I'm playing a new ranged character in Fallout 76.

Not sure either of those games would be up your alley.
This War of Mine is doesn't look like something I would play but I do want to try Fallout. But given the complete lack of a real narrative (from the reviews I've seen anyway), I'm not sure. Figured I would give them a few months tweak it and then I'd reevaluate.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Assassian's Creed is one of those series that I never tried despite the popularity. No real reason why not, they just didn't appeal to me overmuch.

If I do start a series tho, I generally like to play series as linear as possible. Does the storyline follow from game to game or are they mostly stand alone?
Don't worry about the overarching storyline, it's shit. Get through the modern day stuff as fast as possible and back to the real game. No need to worry about previous games.

And if you do play, pick the chick. The voice acting for the dude is terrible.

BIV

For brevity.....Templars are the bad guys, Assassins are the good guys. They have been in a war for hundreds of years.

A Modern machine lets you go into your past and live the memories of your ancestors. Both sides use this to find ancient secrets.

There, you are caught up.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
This War of Mine is doesn't look like something I would play but I do want to try Fallout. But given the complete lack of a real narrative (from the reviews I've seen anyway), I'm not sure. Figured I would give them a few months tweak it and then I'd reevaluate.
This War of Mine is a misery simulator. I hit the random group button and got the two best fighters, but they're almost the worst when it comes to inventory size. Now I gotta raid the same shit hole 4 or 5 times before I get half the shit from one site.

I'd wait if you didn't buy F76 yet.

The updates in the December 4th patch are very very welcome changes. I'm playing the long game here and hoping it gets better with time. Its not a horrible game, it just needs some extra content and tweaks.

MTJonny

Donator
For brevity.....Templars are the bad guys, Assassins are the good guys. They have been in a war for hundreds of years.

A Modern machine lets you go into your past and live the memories of your ancestors. Both sides use this to find ancient secrets.

There, you are caught up.
You're not much of a story guy, right?

BIV

You're not much of a story guy, right?
Depends on the game/story. The modern AC story has always been terrible.

They should have abandoned that element a long time ago.

Many of the "past" stories have been great and I hear this is one of them

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
And my This War of Mine party all died from sickness, cold, wounds, and sadness. I fucking hate this game.

:30 mins later:

"Select your team", god dammit

BIV

Mutant: Year Zero showed up on Gamepasstoday. I was looking forward to this game.

I'm only through the into section, but it's an interesting mix of turn-based strategy and stealth.

Really enjoying it so far, can't wait to get back into it.

It's on Xbox, so it should be available for you PC folks.

Voodoo Ben

The African Dream
I got Hyper Light Drifter for the switch.

This game is fucking amazing looking.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Mutant: Year Zero showed up on Gamepasstoday. I was looking forward to this game.

I'm only through the into section, but it's an interesting mix of turn-based strategy and stealth.

Really enjoying it so far, can't wait to get back into it.

It's on Xbox, so it should be available for you PC folks.
That's the X-Com clone with animals. I'll be checking it out at some point since I love X-Com.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
That's the X-Com clone with animals. I'll be checking it out at some point since I love X-Com.
I have to get back into X-Com. I did something wrong with resource management because my soldiers are all jacked up but I don't have enough satellites or aircraft to keep up.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Can anyone recommend a good 4 person game for PC? I'm done with PUBG and battle Royale in general for now. I need something different. I bought GTA 5 and returned got a refund after 1 hour of playing. In that amount of time a hacker turned me into a Christmas tree and a toilet. How does Rockstar allow this to happen?

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Metal Gear Peace Walker for PS3
I beat the storyline 2 years ago but there are a ton of extra side missions and bonus boss battles to do after you finish the main game.
The unlockable mission where you meet up with the girl from the game for a date on the beach and hook up with her under the cardboard box is pretty goofy in that Hideo Kajima way. (Apparently Snake is a one pump chump)

DiggerNick

Donator
Apparently JUST CAUSE 4 on the PC is buggy as fuck, so I may wait for a few patches and a price drop to pick it up.

And it also had day 1 DLC, which has pissed some people off.

Speaking of buggy, I tried to get a refund for BLACK DESERT ONLINE because it was endlessly crashing and freezing and all kinds of shit. It's the first time I have ever had a refund request rejected. And I hadn't even played ten hours of it yet.

BIV

Apparently JUST CAUSE 4 on the PC is buggy as fuck, so I may wait for a few patches and a price drop to pick it up.

And it also had day 1 DLC, which has pissed some people off.

Speaking of buggy, I tried to get a refund for BLACK DESERT ONLINE because it was endlessly crashing and freezing and all kinds of shit. It's the first time I have ever had a refund request rejected. And I hadn't even played ten hours of it yet.
I believe the "guaranteed return" time for Steam is 2 hours.

BIV

Can anyone recommend a good 4 person game for PC? I'm done with PUBG and battle Royale in general for now. I need something different. I bought GTA 5 and returned got a refund after 1 hour of playing. In that amount of time a hacker turned me into a Christmas tree and a toilet. How does Rockstar allow this to happen?
Lol, get a console.

As for your question, I think Wildlands is 4 player.
Coincidentally, a new update for Widlands is either out or will be soon.

Edit: out soon

Pickle

Testing a video card turned into another playthrough of Witcher 3. Hearts of Stone DLC awaits.