What game are you playing now?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Not sure how you streamline
micromanagement when it's a game that's 90% about micromanagement.

Kinda funny you say that when we (The console fans) are screaming for the updates that layers on more complexity.

You can go through an entire play through and only use your fleets 2-4 times the entire time.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Not sure how you streamline
micromanagement when it's a game that's 90% about micromanagement.

Kinda funny you say that when we (The console fans) are screaming for the updates that layers on more complexity.

You can go through an entire play through and only use your fleets 2-4 times the entire time.
Watching the video made my head hurt. When he got to the peoples jobs on the planet I bailed out of the video. There must be 30 tabs around the screen all detailing different shit.

BIV

Watching the video made my head hurt. When he got to the peoples jobs on the planet I bailed out of the video. There must be 30 tabs around the screen all detailing different shit.
Yeah, lots of tabs. You have to worry about population, jobs, managing resources, appeasing political factions, building facilities to gain research, managing happiness, getting a leader in place with complimentary stats, clearing blocked plots to build more structures, building unity to unlock empire traits, making sure the pops are fed and sitting on tiles that maximize their talents....and that's just on planet.

It's actually really intuitive onceyou get into it, butit looks like gibberish at first.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Yeah, lots of tabs. You have to worry about population, jobs, managing resources, appeasing political factions, building facilities to gain research, managing happiness, getting a leader in place with complimentary stats, clearing blocked plots to build more structures, building unity to unlock empire traits, making sure the pops are fed and sitting on tiles that maximize their talents....and that's just on planet.

It's actually really intuitive onceyou get into it, butit looks like gibberish at first.
It sounds not fun. If you don't pay attention to one of those 50 things shit starts rolling down hill I assume.

Frost Punk is the perfect management sim IMO. You got cold, discontent, and hope as your main worries. You then have to farm wood, steel, coal and food while advancing your tech trees/laws trees and that's it. Very simple but shit can hit the fan and you all of a sudden you have half your population frozen to death and eating each other.

BIV

It sounds not fun. If you don't pay attention to one of those 50 things shit starts rolling down hill I assume.

Frost Punk is the perfect management sim IMO. You got cold, discontent, and hope as your main worries. You then have to farm wood, steel, coal and food while advancing your tech trees/laws trees and that's it. Very simple but shit can hit the fan and you all of a sudden you have half your population frozen to death and eating each other.
See, that sounds annoying to me.

Stellaris is not as harsh as that. It's more that things would be really inefficient. Your population isn't likely to die off or anything. And I don't pay much attention to the politics or maximizing the tiles...I probably should. The concerns are more galactic in scope.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
@BIV well, I guess next is Mutant Year Zero then DmC. I also have Darkest Dungeon for when I listen to podcasts.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
No way I'm playing that game then. Joust made my butt-hole hurt enough.
Joust is strategy. Just hang out on the bottom of the screen under the middle platform and wait for the enemies to come to you and pick them off one at a time

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Stellaris is childsplay next to their other big game, Hearts Of Iron IV, which I just started. The learning curve is almost vertical. I’ve been watching vids 90% of the time, playing 10%.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Looked briefly at Apex Legends. I'd prefer a PUBG style far more, but PUBG is ripe with hacks. Boo.

Discoman

Donator
Beat Metro and decide to check out Stellaris. Hey, a how to play video.

aaaannndddd, I'm not playing that.
I got introduced to the game with the last major overhaul and it has a the problem many Paradox games have: getting updated to have too many balancing acts and pointless busywork. The penalties for expanding are a bit extreme and it doesn't seem worthwhile to be a horizontally expansive empire. The economy in the game is especially frustrating as minute changes can have catastrophic impact on your whole supply chain. So like other 4X games these days there's just alot of fucking waiting around because the game will constrain you otherwise. There are some good things about it like the amount of customability for species, governments, and ships. It is obvious also that the AI gets a huge boost in resources/economy. I recall a dev boasting to a player to "get gud" only for people to find out that the AI had to pay half on maintenance costs on fleet upkeep among other things.

I played through the Brothers in Arms series in reverse order. I'd say I'd rank them as:
1. Earned in Blood - Pinnacle of the series, fair gameplay and gunplay. I wouldn't say there's alot of tactical depth, but it rewards smart play certainly. Not an easy game at all; you will die often. It has a story that isn't as silly as the other entries, really brought me back to that early 2000's Band of Brothers aesthetic that alot of games tried to have. Probably superior to the original two Call of Duty games, and it is a shame that first person shooters didn't develop to have more squad based gameplay.
2. Road to Hill 30 - A diamond in the rough, game gets a bit unfair towards the end with enemy damage output, especially the last mission is pretty frustrating in how it is handled. The AI of both enemies and allies is really lacking, allies will frequently not take cover as they should and will get mowed down firing in the middle of a road. I did like the incorporation of several real people like Robert Cole who led an infamous bayonet charge against the Germans.
3. Hell's Highway - The first Gearbox game that probably suffered from false advertising (remember colonial marines?). The game is plagued with an awkward 3rd person cover system, a story that is at times cringeworthy, and recharging health. Feels a little streamlined compared to the previous games, though the squad AI does feel boosted. The character models look pretty terrible in the game and the PC port maxes out at 720p, which is odd given the previous games can go to 1080p.

Each game was about 7-8 hours in length. I would have played on the hardest difficulty, but you have to unlock it in every single game, so fuck that.

Yesterdays Hero

For those of us with Spawnlings, it seems that Slime Rancher is free on Epic Games at the moment.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
I caved and got Division 2 for my PS4. With all of the beta I played it looked great and I'm gonna take a shot

BIV

I caved and got Division 2 for my PS4. With all of the beta I played it looked great and I'm gonna take a shot
I'm hearing lots of good things. I'm still pissy about how they ruined weapon mods.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
So far Division 2 is really good. I'm at lv 4 and am seeing a lot of cosmetic improvements made from the beta. Also there seems to be more stuff in each map area. I'm gonna be busy.

Yesterdays Hero

There's some version of Blops4 that's got MP and Blackout only, for $55. Think I'm going to scoop it up.

BIV

Stellaris....why do you do this to me? Why do I let you?

Do do nothing but abuse me, yet I can't stay away.