What guests would you like to see on the Ron & Fez show?

TonyBagels

Gemutlichkeit
Feb 15, 2006
Way too f'in busy
There's the guests that never got done by the "producers" (Ron Wood, chance of Lou Reed), but I digress. I'm sure there are numerous greats that would be wonderful when interviewed by Ron. Who would you like to see on the show, and why, is there a relevance or reason that now is a good time for their appearance.

My suggestion is Don Cheadle. Besides his acting and frequent discussion of his talents, his newest cause is very important, Darfur. He's a co-author of Not On Our Watch which came out a few months ago. Plus there's the new documentary that has opened in NYC and LA, less than 2 weeks ago. Of course it would have been better to have him on prior to the release, but he should still be brought on now. It's an important cause and he's a prominent figure in furthering it, as well as being a renowned actor. Bring Don Cheadle on the show.

Here's the info about the movie, in case you're close to NYC:

Dear Anthony,

Thank you for your continued efforts to bring an end to the conflict in Darfur. I hope that you can join me in getting the word out about the new documentary "Darfur Now," which opens on Friday, November 2 in Manhattan.

Darfur Now is a story of hope amid one of humanity's darkest hours. It shows how the work of six people can make a difference in Darfur, and how our voices united can bring an end to the unspeakable horrors the people of Darfur face every day.

It follows the achievements of a Darfuri woman, a community leader in West Darfur, a UCLA graduate, the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court, a U.N. humanitarian aid worker, and an actor and activist (me).

What: Darfur Now, a documentary about six people making a difference in Darfur
When: Opens Friday, November 2

Showtimes and Locations:

Lincoln Plaza Center, 1886 Broadway, between 62nd and 63rd
The Angelika Film Center, 18 W. Houston St. at Mercer St.

tickets
Click here for NYC showtimes and to buy

As you may know, a film's opening weekend is extremely important and determines the exposure it gets. Darfur Now opens this weekend, but only in New York and Los Angeles. Come watch the movie and bring your friends so we can ensure a nationwide release, help educate people about the crisis in Darfur, and empower them to help end it.

Sincerely,

Don Cheadle, Not On Our Watch

For more information, visit www.myspace.com/darfurnow or www.participate.net/darfurnow . To find out how you can help with group sales efforts, call (866) 320-0372 or pledge on-line at GroupSales@warnerindependent.com

Visit the web address below to tell your friends about this. Tell-a-friend!

May 14, 2004
Bum Fuck WV
Id like to see more rock stars on there. Even guys who they can dick around with and be less polite around.

MilkmanDan

Uncontrollable Urge
Jan 13, 2003
Philly
Hmmm......

Crispin Glover, always weird and creepy.
The return of Rutger Hauer
Bjork, Ron could have a field day with her.

SilasMarner

Aug 18, 2006
Canada
I second, and at least in case of Cheadle and Rapp, ~3rd, all the above.

My vote is for MORE and Mohr guests.

Even when it has been someone, or topic, that i'm not interested in; R+F, (and O+A) interviews imo usually enjoyable and/or informative.

Obviously, at least in part, cuz they are funny (but, not, like a clown funny) and they usually have R+F/O+A pov.

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
X3 He is fantastic.

I still haven't seen Hotel Rwanda.... but I think I need to try and watch it one night soon when I have some time to kill.
x4, loved hotel rwanda.
TB, if you haven't already read it pick up What is the What by Dave Eggers, it's a fantastic book.
mohr mohr is all i want.
best.guest.ever. love teh jay mohr

because ronnie b conducts such a great interview most of the borring guests are still a little fun to listen to (with the exception of that silly poet the other day).

joe rogan might actually be a good guest on ron and fez...seems to be more their vibe than o&a's

NortonsGravyLeg

Aug 20, 2005
Phoenix
I'd like to hear him interview Judd Nelson again....Linger longe... oh yea wrong show:icon_mrgr

I agree on Don Cheadle that would be a great interview. Personally I would love to hear him interview Scorsese, or Frank Black from the Pixies

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
Maybe because I'm a heavy reader and (very) occasional writer but, I like it when they have authors on the show. Jeez, I'm drawing a blank now, that horror writer, was a great interview.

In general, I think Ron does great interviews with creative people like film makers, writers, and the like ..... even chefs like Anthony Bourdain and Alton Brown.

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
Maybe because I'm a heavy reader and (very) occasional writer but, I like it when they have authors on the show. Jeez, I'm drawing a blank now, that horror writer, was a great interview.

In general, I think Ron does great interviews with creative people like film makers, writers, and the like ..... even chefs like Anthony Bourdain and Alton Brown.
ooooh i think Bourdain would be a really good one!!

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005

underdog423

Aug 31, 2005
ooooh i think Bourdain would be a really good one!!
Yeah, as someone else said, Bourdain has done the show. And it was one of the best interviews I've ever heard on RnF.

striker

Why yes, I am an asshole, so what?
Mar 10, 2005
Colorado
ESD's real mom? or maybe Casey's psychiartrist to explain why she married him.

On a serious note, the Bourdain interviews were great, he's been on a couple of times. As much fun as Mike Rowe is on O&A, I think Ron would be good at interviewing him as well.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
i always like when they have that guy
uhmm what's his name ?

oh yeah, FEZ
he's a funny guy

nikoloslvy

I wear my sunglasses at night...Anyone want fries?
Donator
May 5, 2003
tom waits,nik cave.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Don Cheadle is a great actor, but I don't want to hear about Rwanda on R&F.

More chefs and indie filmmakers. No sarcasm there, I love hearing about movies I wouldn't normally hear about and places I'd never normally eat.