What happened to the Joe Lauzon Sponsorship Drive?

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Help Sponsor a Fellow Wackbagger in the UFC

Isn't that fight coming up this weekend? I know it's stickied and all that and it looks like we're about 1/3 of the way there in donations, but wasn't there going to be another push when the fight came near?

I know a lot of people who donated said they would donate more if it was close and I would too.

But it seems Joe and the sponsorship drive are going to need O&A's support or at least mention. I know there are people here that have closer relationships to O&A, so maybe they could speak up to the boyz for Joe?

Steve FB, NF Paul are a couple that come to mind...

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
They aren't even going to broadcast his fight on Sat...

Jan 31, 2006
They don't broadcast every card

He should be enough of a name to be an opener on a big PPV though at some point (if he keeps winning)

He did good enough on TUF to deserve that IMO

Sprite

permanent case of the Moooondays
Apr 27, 2005
Jersey
Install Utorrent and visit www.grabthe.info to catch all the un-aired UFC fights.

Remember to seed! :action-sm

Jan 31, 2006
I just read Joe is going on Bubba for the second time. Weird he can't get on the show so far

BullsLawDan

She A Great Big Fat Person?
Feb 9, 2006
NY

Says who? Thanks for checking in there, Dana White.

The fight card says "MAY" not be broadcast. That means if Rashad Evans knocks Bisping's teeth in with 4:00 left in the first round (my wet dream after his comments about Hamil) and stuff like that, it will be.

Capt.Caveman

Totally unlikeable
Jan 13, 2005
closer to a playground then allowed by law
our drive failed miserably. i think if the show would have given it a push it would have worked. I don't know why he hasn't been on. I told steve about the whole thing so they knew. they've had on how many realty tv "stars" that no one gave a shit about. why not a fan?

Jan 31, 2006
–Joe Lauzon vs. Jason Reinhardt
R1 – Reinhardt came out swinging wild. Lauzon clinched and took him down, and moved to north-south position. Reinhardt then turned, giving up his back and Lauzon sunk in the rear naked choke for the win.

Joe Lauzon def. Jason Reinhardt by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 1:14, R1

:clap:

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
our drive failed miserably. i think if the show would have given it a push it would have worked. I don't know why he hasn't been on. I told steve about the whole thing so they knew. they've had on how many realty tv "stars" that no one gave a shit about. why not a fan?
Exactly. And with Rogan in last week it would have been a perfect tie-in. But far be it from me to knock the producers, staff, or the hosts. ;)

Jan 31, 2006
Exactly. And with Rogan in last week it would have been a perfect tie-in. But far be it from me to knock the producers, staff, or the hosts. ;)
I didnt even think of that (Rogan)
You guys should feel good for even trying & helping as much as you tried :clap:

Jan 31, 2006
Oh & they showed Joe's victory after Evans vs. Bisping since they had time left :xyxthumbs

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
it is amazing how the show dropped the ball on this one. Joe signed on to wackbag while listening to dumb bob kelly talk about mma. and this was BEFORE he was selected to be on TUF. the screeners didnt believe he was a ufc fighter. so he signed on here to talk about the segment.

after being selected for TUF, then months later while the show as actually on air, I think it seemed like he reasonably assumed the show would have him on.and he tried calling them again. when it didnt happen as a fan I think he was reasonably disappointed and stopped listening.

this was an easy one. id love to know why they werent interested

BullsLawDan

She A Great Big Fat Person?
Feb 9, 2006
NY
Oh & they showed Joe's victory after Evans vs. Bisping since they had time left :xyxthumbs
Welcome to "exactly what I fucking said they would do"...:rolleyes:

Just kidding... great ppv!

patty's wig

Dec 9, 2004
I didn't donate but I was wondering what happened to the $$$ donated since it didn't seem to work out?

zagman76

Wackbagger, Geek, Administrator
Wackbag Staff
Nov 18, 2004
Long Island, NY
I didn't donate but I was wondering what happened to the $$$ donated since it didn't seem to work out?
It is still sitting in my PayPal account - the $ is going to go to Joe anyway - even if we can't get a Wackbag.com graphic, I'm sure the approx. $700 that's there now can be used for something.