What happened??

MAVRIC305

I speak the human language
I heard something on the sports guys this morning about wrestling and why they aired that show. What show? When? Not last night right? Cause I actually checked UPN, I wanted something to take my mind off of all of this. It wasn't on. Was it? When I checked it was still news. Does anyone have a scoop on this?

FOFOLINA

I heared that to mav I dont know cause i had on UPN and nothing but news

The WWF did air smackdown but some UPN affiliates didn't air it. I know the city affiliate didn't and other cities too. The only other one I remember was Cleveland, but I sure the D.C. probably didn't. The show was alright. It was very similar to the Owen Hart tribute show. Vince opened the show with a dramatic speech. There were no storylines, just matches, and between the matches they showed some pre-taped interviews with wrestlers talking about the attacks. Bradshaw had a great interview where he talked about kicking some ass. Austin was not on the televised portion of the show except for an interview which was totally out of character and not typical "Austin". Austin wrestled the Rock (I believe) after the cameras turned off for the live crowd. The Rock did a really funny bit with Shawn Stasiak. All in all it was an alright show. My favorite part was when Lance Storm (how did you know it would involve Storm?) was teaming with Hurricane and they both did the "super hero" pose before doing a double team move.

Vince got a lot of shit for airing the show when all the other sporting events were cancelled. Vince's stance was that the WWF was there to entertain and give people a brief break from reality. A reality that was all to real for most. I didn't find the show to be disrespectful and thought it was handled tastefully. I have it on tape and although I didn't think it was an all time great it will go in the library along with the Owen Hart memorial show, Over the Edge 1999, the Bret Hart documentary and the last ever Nitro videotapes.

MAVRIC305

I speak the human language
Thanks for the recap ST. I wish I could have seen it. I was already needing a break by thursday. I wish UPN would have aired it. Also I love those Sean Stasiak running into wall's bits. If it was with the Rock, it was probably even funnier.

Also Fofo thanks for the clips. I really wanted to hear some of these. The Bradshaw clip is still cracking me up. Although it also kind of fired me up. Cause I agreed with it. But him not naming "Hitler" was kind of funny.

Thanks again yall.

FOFOLINA

Hey St it is ok I just found the link that day on friday...
It was ok some of them but not all ..
Glad you enjoyed it :)