What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas...wait Risin? FUCK THAT!!!!

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Have fun on your next trip people!
Mystery Surrounds Ricin Find at Motel

By KEN RITTER,
AP
Posted: 2008-02-29 19:41:57
Filed Under: Nation News
LAS VEGAS (Feb. 29) - Authorities on Friday confirmed that the deadly toxin ricin was found in a motel room most recently occupied by a man who has been in critical condition with breathing problems at a hospital for more than two weeks.

Las Vegas police said there was no apparent link to terrorist activity, and no indication of any spread of the deadly substance beyond the several vials of powder found in a plastic bag in the man's room on Thursday. But what the ricin was doing there remained a mystery.

A pinprick of ricin is enough to kill.

"Six to eight hours, you're going to start showing symptoms," said Greg Evans, director of the Institute for Biosecurity at Saint Louis University in Missouri.

A friend or relative of the sick man found the vials after going to the Extended Stay America motel, several blocks west of the Las Vegas Strip, to retrieve his belongings, police Deputy Chief Kathy Suey said.

Tests by police homeland security officers, the Nevada National Guard and a laboratory in Las Vegas came back positive for ricin, she said. A cleanup of the motel has been completed, she added.

Seven people, including the man who found the ricin, the manager, two other motel employees and three police officers, were decontaminated at the scene and taken to hospitals for examination, but none have shown any signs of being affected by ricin, Suey said. All were released overnight.

"There is no information to lead us to believe that this is the result of any terrorist activity or related to any possible terrorist activity," Suey said. "We don't have any reason to believe any of it left the property."
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/mystery-surrounds-ricin-find-at-motel/20080229064809990001
EDIT: FUCK I SPELLED RICIN WRONG IN THE TITLE! MODS...A LITTLE HELP????

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
Hmmm....what hotel? I'm heading out to the Bellagio in April

:icon_conf

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Why are all of these people going around trying to make sure everyone knows about Ricin? It's a nice Southern secret remedy from the castor bean. Gotta love that oil. It grows all over the place in the Delta.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
So, now the update is that the book "An*****st Cookbook" (censored for flagging) was found in the room where the poison was also found. It looks like this old motherfucker poisoned himself with his own shit. There is no reason to have that book lying around if someone simply left it behind.

The guy had been living there in the motel for a little while. He was up to no good. I bought those books when I was a teenager simply for being curious and sort of rebellious and I can tell you there are some decently bad things in there just for the sole reason of being destructive.

That's why that book and others like it are considered contraband and will be confiscated if found by LE.

I don't have the books anymore since I basically left them at friends' houses but maybe I should get them back just as conversation pieces.

Steam

May 18, 2003
Hmmm....what hotel? I'm heading out to the Bellagio in April

:icon_conf
The Bellagio is definitely the spot to stay. Its also my choice for best sports book.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
I grow castors every year. Very nice plant for decoration only, of course.

They grow okay in a shady spot near my gas main and hides the meter well.

Treat_Yourself

Nov 17, 2006
Why are all of these people going around trying to make sure everyone knows about Ricin? It's a nice Southern secret remedy from the castor bean. Gotta love that oil. It grows all over the place in the Delta.
The poison isn't in the oil. It's water soluable so it's in the mash after the oil is extracted. People grow that shit as an ornamental plant here in NJ.