What kind of grill do you use?

Turfmower

I have a Gas and a Big Green Egg My dad just got a traeger grill it cool it electric and burns wood pellets

LiLJimmysHog

Professional negative prick
This is what I use. It has a sear section on it as well. I think I paid about 350 or 400 for it. Not a bad grill for the price. I just dont grill out enough to justify spending more for a grill.

Haeder

South Dakota
Been enjoying the Charbroil grill. Getting used to infrared cooking took a bit but it's all good now and the side burner griddle kicks ass.

Made pork loins with sautéed peppers, onions and tomato tonight.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Those infrared burners are exactly that,.... If your not careful you can burn shit in the blink of an eye

boodadude

So after 7 years of comments what is the conclusion? I still love the Webber pot for charcoal and the the Webber gas for everyday but of course there is other options that are way more than I can afford

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
So after 7 years of comments what is the conclusion? I still love the Webber pot for charcoal and the the Webber gas for everyday but of course there is other options that are way more than I can afford
Verdict: Grammar is hard.

Haeder

South Dakota
Cooking 100 pounds of pork loins tomorrow on an enormous charcoal grill. It's a marvel of redneck engineering. I'll post pictures.

I have a Weber Genesis EP-330...which lead to my brother getting one...and then my other brother getting one...and I just bought my dad one for his birthday this weekend...it's bang for your buck THE best grill out there and they are closing out the model to make room for a new line next year...the present grill is all stainless components and a porcelain enamel shell (Color) for $750 right now...The equivalent 3 burner model next season will be over $1200 and have less headspace under the lid for a rotisserie...
http://www.acehardware.com/product/..._clickid=0994f641-981e-41d4-b5d5-0a1723825a7c

Haeder

South Dakota
Started by scooping old charcoal out of the way and cleaning the cooking grate. A few errands to run before setting light to the charcoal and seasoning the vittles.

Haeder

South Dakota
60 pounds of charcoal hot. Vittles seasoned and browned. Finishing over indirect heat now.

Been enjoying the Charbroil grill. Getting used to infrared cooking took a bit but it's all good now and the side burner griddle kicks ass.

Made pork loins with sautéed peppers, onions and tomato tonight.

Switched from charbroil grills to a old fashion charcoal grill after 15 years of not using it.

Waiting around for the charcoal to be ready stinks, but the sear on the meat can't be beat! I made a rhyme funny...minus the funny.

Started by scooping old charcoal out of the way and cleaning the cooking grate. A few errands to run before setting light to the charcoal and seasoning the vittles.

Are you using a grill at a public park? If so, I guarantee people have fucked on that thing.

Haeder

South Dakota
How much for 1 slice on a piece of bread ?

Looks pretty good
There's about 3 pounds left. I'll mail you a tyvek envelope full tomorrow.

It was delicious. Medium center with a lightly charred outside seasoned with kosher salt, Old Bay seasoning, fresh milled pepper and olive oil.

The grill was at the local Izaak Walton facility.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
But what about the fixins?

Yeah , WTF ?
You serve anything else at PorkFest ?

Pork and potato salad
Anything else , take a walk
Have a few chips on the way

THE FEZ MAN

Well I smoked my bacon in moms big green egg..... I'm not impressed, the charcoal went out, I re lit it this morning and it took a good two hours to come up to 400deg I'm thinking I did something wrong , the bacon was done, but I relit it to fry the slices, I'm thinking that a steak in it would not get hot enough fast enough for my liking, I guess, I'm sure it's just a matter of learning how to work it but for 1000$ the learning curve is expensive, my 59$ hibachi works just fine for right now

NotSoFast

Well I smoked my bacon in moms big green egg..... I'm not impressed, the charcoal went out, I re lit it this morning and it took a good two hours to come up to 400deg I'm thinking I did something wrong , the bacon was done, but I relit it to fry the slices, I'm thinking that a steak in it would not get hot enough fast enough for my liking, I guess, I'm sure it's just a matter of learning how to work it but for 1000$ the learning curve is expensive, my 59$ hibachi works just fine for right now
Open the vents all the way in any kamado style cooker and you'll get 800+ degrees in just a few minutes. Do you need it hotter than that?

I use a Chargriller brand insulated steel kamado from Lowes for $199. Works just as good as the BGE. Everything from slow smoking a roast at 220 degrees to pizzas at 750.

THE FEZ MAN

Open the vents all the way in any kamado style cooker and you'll get 800+ degrees in just a few minutes. Do you need it hotter than that?

I use a Chargriller brand insulated steel kamado from Lowes for $199. Works just as good as the BGE. Everything from slow smoking a roast at 220 degrees to pizzas at 750.
I'm thinking that my moms charcoal was not right, I need to break down and buy a chimney

NotSoFast

I'm thinking that my moms charcoal was not right, I need to break down and buy a chimney
Only use natural lump charcoal. It burns hotter and longer than briquettes. Plus, any unused in the firebox can be snuffed out by closing the vents and reused later.