What knife to you have as your EDC?

Captain_Spaulding

MMA > NFL, NBA, MLB, etc...
What is your Every Day Carry knife? Post up some pics.

Currently I carry a Spyderco Centofante 3, used to carry a Delica.

IF any of you are looking for a really stout outdoor knife here is one I am selling: Al Mar Payara

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
On my belt:Cold Steel, cheap and easily sharpened

In my pocket:

Midnite Minichamp

BigTony

Toss up between an old Spyderco Delica serated edge, Spyderco Native w/ S30V blade, and a Gerber E-Z Out w/ an ATS-34 blade.
Lately the Gerber has seen the most pocket time as it takes a beating and the ATS-34 steel is easier for me to sharpen.
Oh yeah, and my SOG Power Lock Multi-Tool gets carried as well. It's just so damn ....handy.

Captain_Spaulding

Toss up between an old Spyderco Delica serated edge, Spyderco Native w/ S30V blade, and a Gerber E-Z Out w/ an ATS-34 blade.
Lately the Gerber has seen the most pocket time as it takes a beating and the ATS-34 steel is easier for me to sharpen.
Oh yeah, and my SOG Power Lock Multi-Tool gets carried as well. It's just so damn ....handy.
Those Delicas rule...I have the Gen 1 and just sharpened it a month ago...had it since 1995.

The Godfather

Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!

No, this isn't mine, I would never be able to spend $400 on an automatic opening knife...

but it's cool as shit!

Fustercluck

can't beat a knife made in japan. ya know, in japan, the hand is used as a knife. who better to know what it means to make a great knife than people who have honed their own body parts into weapons.:action-sm

This is the best little dagger you can get. They have been making it for almost 30 years now. I carried one years ago until I lost it while deer hunting. It got snagged on something and I didn't notice it fall off in the woods.

It's a Gerber Guardian and usually costs between $45-$65. It holds an edge like a motherfucker and can stab through car hoods and stay sharp (tried it in high school).

I am buying a S&W HRT dagger though now. It's cheaper and it comes with a lanyard hole and a chain necklace so you can wear it on your chest.

But since it's not illegal in Arkansas to carry blades over 3'' long anymore (2.5yr old repeal now) then I'm just going to carry a bowie knife.

I am ordering a Bowie with a damascus blade and the handle is made of deer antler and buffalo horn. I will wear that while riding my motorcycle. You never know when you may need a tool for a quick fix :)

I will post photos of the damascus bowie once I get it. It's purdy and it will be something nice to carry.

However my pocket knife is a locking folder with a 3'' blade and a handle made of ram's horn.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
It's cheaper and it comes with a lanyard hole and a chain necklace so you can wear it on your chest.
Perfect for when you fall face first into something, it will plunge into your chest and you'll know exactly where it is!!;):icon_mrgr

Perfect for when you fall face first into something, it will plunge into your chest and you'll know exactly where it is!!;):icon_mrgr
Comes with a zytel scabbard. won't happen :action-sm

I don't really like folding knives to be honest.

I have always preferred fixed blades. I like being able to hold onto it and stab whatever I need to stab without a blade lock failing and chopping off a finger.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
My EDC when I am home (and not on a military installation) is a Benchmade Infidel. I *really* need to send it off for sharpening, though. I also carry a Kershaw when I am on base or doing general work stuff. I also have a Cold Steel Safe Maker that I carry sometimes when I need something a little nastier.

Captain_Spaulding

Are you really confused or just busting his balls?

That's a great idea. I might get one myself.
Well, I thought it looked like a sharpened blank...but then I also remembered where I was posting and thought it could just be mocking assholish sarcasm.

I thought it was a great idea although one of the auto opening keys would be better suited so you don't stab your nuts...you could also add serrations to one side so it actually looks like a functioning key. I do believe to the untrained eye that would pass by most security.

Comes with a zytel scabbard. won't happen :action-sm

I don't really like folding knives to be honest.

I have always preferred fixed blades. I like being able to hold onto it and stab whatever I need to stab without a blade lock failing and chopping off a finger.
I love my fixed blades but no way they are practical unless I am on the trail. I have a Rat Cutlery RC-6 that rules...no questions asked lifetime warranty too...they don't care if you cut it in half with a plasma cutter, they will replace their shit.

Captain_Spaulding

My EDC when I am home (and not on a military installation) is a Benchmade Infidel. I *really* need to send it off for sharpening, though. I also carry a Kershaw when I am on base or doing general work stuff. I also have a Cold Steel Safe Maker that I carry sometimes when I need something a little nastier.
How do you like the infidel? I have been trying to decide between that and a Microtech UTX-80 or Scarab.