OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

What Mel said: Promises to water down satellite radio if merger goes through

Discussion in 'General Discussion Archive' started by Probably Stoned, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Probably Stoned

Probably Stoned I am not good at this.[edited]

http://www.chicagotribune.com/services/newspaper/printedition/friday/chi-oped1109siriusnov09,0,1571993.story

Fuck, I'm so unhappy about this merger.

2. frankw

frankw Banned

3. cokelogic

cokelogic 5th Mic

This is how the Mel is getting the merger to go through. He's making promises to water down satellite radio.

Fuck Mel in his fuckhole.

4. pike

pike You will be molested

5. norton23

norton23 Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End

guys a fucking fruit:rolleyes:

6. Aaron Burrito

It's the P.C. thing to say, that's why he said it. Don't read into things so much.

7. Salem

Salem Midgets = funny

What do you really expect him to say? look around guys. After the Imus shit, S f S, talking shit about Condi Rice, what do you really think he is gonna say? Have some common sense. I know he is the bad guy and is gonna ruin what we have but you cant just smash everytime he opens his mouth and says something that actually does make sense. He is running a buisines no natter how far in the hole it is.

8. Hudson

Hudson Supreme Champion!!!!!
    Donator

Someone has to draw the line? Draw the line????
    Sorry, I am tired of the sterilization of media!.....Who are we protecting? The Kids? They know the words....trust me, if your kid is over 7 they know most of them!

9. Smokezilla

Smokezilla U. S. Backstroke Roulette Champion

Let the merger happen. . . we'll start emailing Mel cock pictures whenever he gets "outta line".:D

10. Freese

Freese Ramone and Frunkis-Since '83

What happened with XM I think is a bit different. Something was said on a show right smack dab in the middle of the imus thing. XM wanted an apology to get any heat off of them. The boys apologized but didn't take it seriously. The suspension was more for showing insubordonation more than anything else. IMHO of course.

11. ruinedbitredd

ruinedbitredd Registered User

My concern isn't punishment after the fact its the memo's before the show that annoy me. Is it too early to start sending cock picks to mel now?

12. NortonsGravyLeg

NortonsGravyLeg Registered User

That pendulum that Ant talks about really needs to start it's journey back to the other side. It's the only way genuine entertainment will come back in this country. Entertainment that ADULTS want to enjoy be it radio, tv, movies, etc. Mel may have been blowing a bunch of smoke up that reporters ass but there is still a ring of truth to it. I am personally tired of there being less of a selection of entertaining things being around under the guise of protecting people from what they can see and hear.

13. Xyn

Xyn 3 letters, 0 meaning

Cock meat, nothin' but cock meat.

Did you say Pendulum? Yes, that was the name of our hit song in my band Foundry.

/Steve

14. Jerry1

Jerry1 Megatron Star!

15. bigdaddyb

bigdaddyb Registered User

16. iSpeakEloquent

iSpeakEloquent HENRIK LUUUUUUUUUUUNDQVIST

but I want to make sure they're not saying it for the shock value.

thats fine really, most of the time its not just for shock value

17. livebackwards

livebackwards Proud Patron of Ted's Conglomerated Gasmaskery

Sure, go ahead, let's water shit down and make everything pleasant for everyone. Nobody keep score, let's all just have a fun, silly contest to see who can find the world's softest pillow. Winner gets to start a tickle fight!

The Chinese are going to make quick work of us indeed. I hope they start with Mel.

18. toonhead

toonhead Registered User

It'll just make the pussification of media a little more complete. Mell may have to honor contracts but he can also make life a living hell for the people who work for him. O&A will still be able to do their show but they may as well still be at CBS. I don't like this shit!

19. CougarHunter

CougarHunter Lying causes cat piss smell.

COCK PICS TO MEL! It's Cock Pick to Mel Weekend!

Extra credit for cock pics with camoflage and/or military hardware in them.

Just sayin.

20. Mags

Mags Edgelord
    Donator

Merger = the beginning of the end of the OnA XM show.

21. Ren5150

Ren5150 Linger Longerer

The O&A show is nowhere as "dirty" as Stern is nowadays. He has all kinds of shit the bboys would get dumped out of by XM. I hear it at work, Stern's crew is always dropping N bombs and sticking their cocks in each others mouths. If he is going to censor, start there.

22. mattiew23m

mattiew23m Nice Head Deek

Wait, are you sure it wasen't beth sticking its cock down hoo hoo's throat? lol
    I know exactly what MEL wants to do. He wants to censor satalite radio, and make it more of a commercial business. He wants to add more commercials, especially to the music stations, and remain friendly with the fcc. He wants advertisers, that's his main goal. He wants to merge to get more listeners to hear the commercials, which in return puts more money in the pockets of corporate douche bags. This merger is for corporate, not for fans of satalite radio. Whether your a hoo hoo fan, or an O&A fan. And, yes the boys have been watching they're content, where as howard's crew will drop n bombs like it was nothing. For some reason, its ok for him. Could be something to do with 500 million dollars

23. HumpX

HumpX Character Assassin

too much power in the hands of so few men.

Frankly, I'd rather be left with the memory of a great run on XM than see it continue with a show thats a shadow of its former self (if thats what the future holds).

24. mattiew23m

mattiew23m Nice Head Deek

I just don't see O&A being in "heaven" and playing nice with howard. As far as numbers go. Howard in the morning, and O&A in the afternoon's would be HUGE. As they would have been on KROCK. There is just way too much bad blood, a horrible past, and it would suck for them to have to give up the morning spot because of hoo hoo. But, mel should be thinking about the future, because I don't see howard resigning the contract. He got 500 million dollars, plus the millions he already has. He takes long vacations, and does not have the passion for radio. If you want to look for a person that has passion for radio. Look at opie. He said, he would work for FREE in philly. That is passion

25. Stalker Patti

Stalker Patti Registered User

Mel loves his money and his name, as in who he is. This is what he is all about. He has his pets who can do no wrong, and then he will be a hypocrite toward everybody else. He can smile at you and stab you in the back all in the same moment. I don't trust this guy.