What Mel said: Promises to water down satellite radio if merger goes through

Probably Stoned

I am not good at this.[edited]
Jul 26, 2005
Humboldt County Ca.
Chicago Tribune
Tribune: Do you censor your own channels?

Karmazin: Someone has to draw the line. We censor ourselves on where the line is. Our president of programming, it's his responsibility for everything that comes through his speakers. I hear things from time to time that I disagree with and I will discuss it with him. You have to have that responsibility and I think that everybody does. But in our case where the FCC's issue was that "you say the 'F-word' and you're gonna get fined," now we don't have that issue, and our talk-show hosts do say the "F-word" from time to time, but I want to make sure they're not saying it for the shock value.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/services/newspaper/printedition/friday/chi-oped1109siriusnov09,0,1571993.story

Fuck, I'm so unhappy about this merger.

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
This is how the Mel is getting the merger to go through. He's making promises to water down satellite radio.

Fuck Mel in his fuckhole.

Salem

Midgets = funny
Jul 3, 2006
Buh Buh Buh Boston
What do you really expect him to say? look around guys. After the Imus shit, S f S, talking shit about Condi Rice, what do you really think he is gonna say? Have some common sense. I know he is the bad guy and is gonna ruin what we have but you cant just smash everytime he opens his mouth and says something that actually does make sense. He is running a buisines no natter how far in the hole it is.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Someone has to draw the line? Draw the line????
Sorry, I am tired of the sterilization of media!.....Who are we protecting? The Kids? They know the words....trust me, if your kid is over 7 they know most of them!

Smokezilla

U. S. Backstroke Roulette Champion
Jul 30, 2005
BumFuck-Egypt, KY
Let the merger happen. . . we'll start emailing Mel cock pictures whenever he gets "outta line".:D

Freese

Ramone and Frunkis-Since '83
Oct 1, 2006
Ottawa, Canada
What happened with XM I think is a bit different. Something was said on a show right smack dab in the middle of the imus thing. XM wanted an apology to get any heat off of them. The boys apologized but didn't take it seriously. The suspension was more for showing insubordonation more than anything else. IMHO of course.

ruinedbitredd

Feb 10, 2007
My concern isn't punishment after the fact its the memo's before the show that annoy me. Is it too early to start sending cock picks to mel now?

NortonsGravyLeg

Aug 20, 2005
Phoenix
That pendulum that Ant talks about really needs to start it's journey back to the other side. It's the only way genuine entertainment will come back in this country. Entertainment that ADULTS want to enjoy be it radio, tv, movies, etc. Mel may have been blowing a bunch of smoke up that reporters ass but there is still a ring of truth to it. I am personally tired of there being less of a selection of entertaining things being around under the guise of protecting people from what they can see and hear.

Xyn

3 letters, 0 meaning
Mar 3, 2005
California
My concern isn't punishment after the fact its the memo's before the show that annoy me. Is it too early to start sending cock picks to mel now?
Cock meat, nothin' but cock meat.

That pendulum that Ant talks about really needs to start it's journey back to the other side.
Did you say Pendulum? Yes, that was the name of our hit song in my band Foundry.

/Steve

iSpeakEloquent

HENRIK LUUUUUUUUUUUNDQVIST
Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
but I want to make sure they're not saying it for the shock value.

thats fine really, most of the time its not just for shock value

livebackwards

Proud Patron of Ted's Conglomerated Gasmaskery
Jan 29, 2006
Houston, TX
Sure, go ahead, let's water shit down and make everything pleasant for everyone. Nobody keep score, let's all just have a fun, silly contest to see who can find the world's softest pillow. Winner gets to start a tickle fight!

The Chinese are going to make quick work of us indeed. I hope they start with Mel.

T

toonhead

It'll just make the pussification of media a little more complete. Mell may have to honor contracts but he can also make life a living hell for the people who work for him. O&A will still be able to do their show but they may as well still be at CBS. I don't like this shit!

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
COCK PICS TO MEL! It's Cock Pick to Mel Weekend!

Extra credit for cock pics with camoflage and/or military hardware in them.

Just sayin.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Merger = the beginning of the end of the OnA XM show.

Ren5150

Linger Longerer
Aug 1, 2001
The O&A show is nowhere as "dirty" as Stern is nowadays. He has all kinds of shit the bboys would get dumped out of by XM. I hear it at work, Stern's crew is always dropping N bombs and sticking their cocks in each others mouths. If he is going to censor, start there.

mattiew23m

Nice Head Deek
Feb 17, 2006
Secaucus, NJ
The O&A show is nowhere as "dirty" as Stern is nowadays. He has all kinds of shit the bboys would get dumped out of by XM. I hear it at work, Stern's crew is always dropping N bombs and sticking their cocks in each others mouths. If he is going to censor, start there.
Wait, are you sure it wasen't beth sticking its cock down hoo hoo's throat? lol
I know exactly what MEL wants to do. He wants to censor satalite radio, and make it more of a commercial business. He wants to add more commercials, especially to the music stations, and remain friendly with the fcc. He wants advertisers, that's his main goal. He wants to merge to get more listeners to hear the commercials, which in return puts more money in the pockets of corporate douche bags. This merger is for corporate, not for fans of satalite radio. Whether your a hoo hoo fan, or an O&A fan. And, yes the boys have been watching they're content, where as howard's crew will drop n bombs like it was nothing. For some reason, its ok for him. Could be something to do with 500 million dollars

HumpX

Character Assassin
Oct 30, 2004
Rhode Island
too much power in the hands of so few men.

Frankly, I'd rather be left with the memory of a great run on XM than see it continue with a show thats a shadow of its former self (if thats what the future holds).

mattiew23m

Nice Head Deek
Feb 17, 2006
Secaucus, NJ
I just don't see O&A being in "heaven" and playing nice with howard. As far as numbers go. Howard in the morning, and O&A in the afternoon's would be HUGE. As they would have been on KROCK. There is just way too much bad blood, a horrible past, and it would suck for them to have to give up the morning spot because of hoo hoo. But, mel should be thinking about the future, because I don't see howard resigning the contract. He got 500 million dollars, plus the millions he already has. He takes long vacations, and does not have the passion for radio. If you want to look for a person that has passion for radio. Look at opie. He said, he would work for FREE in philly. That is passion

Stalker Patti

Dec 10, 2002
Midtown,Manhattan
Mel loves his money and his name, as in who he is. This is what he is all about. He has his pets who can do no wrong, and then he will be a hypocrite toward everybody else. He can smile at you and stab you in the back all in the same moment. I don't trust this guy.