What podcasts do you listen to?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
What podcasts do you guys listen to?

The "name your top five" thread is dead.

What are you guys listening to right now?

I have trouble finding casts that don't bore the fuck out of me.

Currently I listen to the Kinda Funny podcasts (KF morning show, KF games daily and KF Gamescast)

Colin's Last Stand Sacred Symbols (Host is Colin Moriarty (real name) Colin's Last Stand is political/historical. The weekly gaming show is an offshoot and a return to his roots)

Mr. Sunday Movies (I really wish he had a daily show)

And....that's about it.

Side note, AnyPod on Alexa is the shit.

MurphCO

Donator
Dec 13, 2011
Parts Unknown
I listened to Joey Diaz talk at Ant for 2 hours today...I think Ant said like 12 words

Hopefully he’ll be on Rogan and that might be a better conversation

Occasionally the Bill Burr Experience

Let There Be Talk - Dean Delray can be ok if he has a good guest and not someone that sews leather jackets

Ari Shaffir’s skeptic tank.....he is the best comic of the Rogan crew I think

I wish there were something as compelling as O&A used to be

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I listen to select episodes of Opie’s podcast and How Did This Get Made?

I subscribe to several others but never listen.

I used to work all day with XM202 in the background, but that tiny little bit of effort to reach up onto my iPad and switch to a different podcast when the one I’m listening to ends is too big a hill to climb right now.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I know we give OA a lot of shit now but I would kill to have 3-4 hours of entertaining daily audio. Maybe it exists and it's me.
We give them shit because we know what they used to be...the best damn radio show ever.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
I'm halfway listening to Small Town Murder right now. One guy does all the research on some obscure killing, then tells it on the podcast with a second guy who's never heard it. They're comedians, but it's not particularly funny. At least it's always interesting. They do a similar podcast about sports criminals called Crime in Sports. I've haven't listened to any of that yet.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
Those Conspiracy Guys, The serial killer podcast, Dan Bongino, The Federalist, random shit.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Right now mostly history and astronomy stuff.

Sep 18, 2016
Comedy - High Society Radio and Keeping Joe
Politics - The Fifth Column and Power Problems by the Cato Institute
Sports - The Yahoo Sports College Podcast and Outkick the Show

Sep 20, 2016
Hell
Tell Em Steve Dave is the one I listen to most.

Bill Burr's Monday Morning podcast is still funny.

Completely Unnecessary is an excellent gaming pod, comes out every other week.

Guilty Spark

It's freeing and refreshing
May 4, 2005
Long Island NY
Cumtown
Your Mom’s House
Legion of Skanks
Chip
Bob Kelly
Tuesdays With Stories
Florentine
Burr (as long as his wife’s not on)
Who Are These Podcasts (for the Opie section)
Rogan (depending on the guest)
Last Podcast on the Lett (depending on the topic)
Skeptic Tank

Also a lot of other nerdly shit like
Star Wars Minute
Giant Bombcast and Beastcast
Retronauts
Thirty Twenty Ten
Player One Podcast

somnarium

deftones or somefuckin' body
Aug 24, 2012
YMH is probably my favorite right now, I love Segura and the internet freaks they find. But goddamn is Christina P ever hard to listen to (there are many things wrong with that sentence grammatically, I know). Clueless, unfunny radio hole. I am listening to the latest one right now about serial killers and has said "oh my god" no less than five times in a row.

I've never seen her specials, hope they're better than her podcast persona.

Fred West

Jul 4, 2014
Those Conspiracy Guys, The serial killer podcast, Dan Bongino, The Federalist, random shit.
I've listened to Those Conspiracy Guys. Some of them are well reasoned, but the Titanic and 9/11 episodes absolutely infuriated me. The 9/11 episode (which, in their defence, was one of their first) was so retarded that I sent them an email countering their nonsense.

Hello,
I was angered by your 2h 30m circle jerk about 9/11. The lack of critical thinking on your behalf was unbelievable to hear. How about you get somebody on who doesn’t think it was an inside job and have a debate?

It’s difficult to know where to start. The fact that you just spewed Loose Change talking points says plenty.

Have you ever listened to all of the ATC/NORAD tapes? Two of you appeared to have never heard Mohammed Atta talking to ATC.
. But considering one of you didn’t even think planes struck the towers, you’ll probably call this fake.

I was staggered by your Flight 93 theory, which was essentially “Take a bullet or live in Hawaii for the rest of your days”. Never mind the scuffles heard on the radio, the recording of Jarah talking to the passengers or the flight that was following 93 and saw it crash.

The Pentagon. Rumsfeld was “walking around with plane parts”? Or a stretcher:
http://cdn.historycommons.org/images/events/642_rumsfeld_help2050081722-9252.jpg
Have you seen this: ? Why and how could a missile knock over 5 light poles and hit a generator on it’s way to the Pentagon? Why would one be used if planes were used everywhere else?

You said that planes could still be tracked without transponders. You are correct. So, do you not trust the ATC monitoring all these planes and following them to their final destination? On the ATC tapes, the controller enlists the help of a C-130 pilot to monitor Flight 77. He says: “The plane has crashed into the West side of the Pentagon”.

Hey look, free-fall!
http://www.rimcountry.com/images/wtc/collap01.jpg
Turns out, no. See the bits falling are lower than parts of the building that are still intact. Also, why did the buildings collapse from the areas where the planes hit? Surely you aren’t saying that the explosives survived the impact of the planes to be detonated 60/90 minutes later? I thought not.

You certainly were keen on one comment from Larry Silverstein taken out of context when he was quoting himself months later. I thought you watched the BBC doc where the fire chief says that they are in charge of a building when they enter. Larry’s comment is about pulling the firemen from the building because it was shooting signs of failure. Listen to those booms from the demolition. Oh wait, there are none? Thermite then. No, turns out that is noisy, too. Also, watch the penthouse fall 10 seconds before the building, hollowing out the inside so the shell of the building had very little resistance.

I could go on.

I understand it was your 2nd episode and you wanted to make an impact, but it really was egregious. I also find it annoying that you are giving Bin Laden and Al Qaida a pass on it. The dindo nuffin, right? Innocent patsys like Lee Harvey Oswald (He acted alone by the way). Poor, innocent Bin Laden. You mentioned the 1993 bombing. Why didn’t you talk about the perp of that, Ramsey Yousef? That it’s long been a target of Jihadis.

And finally, some advice. One of the guys was off-mic, that was irritating and you really should do better at not interrupting each other. Like I said earlier, you should also having someone playing devil’s advocate so it doesn’t become a 5 hour echo chamber of nonsense propaganda.

I’ve enjoyed some of your other shows, but this one was embarrassing.

MurphCO

Donator
Dec 13, 2011
Parts Unknown
YMH is probably my favorite right now, I love Segura and the internet freaks they find. But goddamn is Christina P ever hard to listen to (there are many things wrong with that sentence grammatically, I know). Clueless, unfunny radio hole. I am listening to the latest one right now about serial killers and has said "oh my god" no less than five times in a row.

I've never seen her specials, hope they're better than her podcast persona.

She is obviously about 10 years behind Segura and his friends in her stand up.....it’s not horrible, but if she wasn’t Segura’s wife she wouldn’t have a special