what singer is the best actor?

Earth2murf

HATES EVERYONE!!!
Apr 2, 2005
Rotten County NY
..A lot of actors think they are singers..they are not..'Cept for Jack Black...But what singer is the best actor?....I allways liked Levon Helm of the Band great in "The Right Stuff" and "Coal Miners Duaghter" but he was just being Levon....I think the best singer /actor has to be Krist Kriststofson or howoever you spell his name ..that fucker has been in ficks for the last 20 years and he has allways been a class act...Also Joe Doe of X has been in many many movies too...

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
My Faves:
Bing Crosby (Bells of of Saint Marys, White Christmas, Going My Way)
Harry Connick Junior was good in Little Man Tate, and Memphis Belle
Frank Sinatra

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
Nov 20, 2005
D.C.
Loved Bowie in Extras. Man who Fell to Earth was pretty cool. He probably doesn't count though.

roche

i am lame
Wackbag Staff
May 28, 2004
Dallas, TX
His music was horrid but Mark Wahlberg is a really good actor.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
Ice Cube. Friday is a fucking classic.

Max Johnson

Oct 14, 2004
I hated Marky Mark like everybody else but Mark Wahlberg is a decent actor. Also Dwight Yoakum or whoever the fuck he is.

Gene Simmons in Runaway?

Max Johnson

Oct 14, 2004
Ice Cube. Friday is a fucking classic.
Rappers have to be a separate category because rapping basically does not require much vocal talent like singing does so the people who rise to be top rappers are basically just actors all along acting like tough guys or whatever character it is that they play for the suburban teenage white kids. I like Cube's voice and like his movies a lot but they have to be separate. Separate but equal.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Rappers have to be a separate category because rapping basically does not require much vocal talent like singing does so the people who rise to be top rappers are basically just actors all along acting like tough guys or whatever character it is that they play for the suburban teenage white kids. I like Cube's voice and like his movies a lot but they have to be separate. Separate but equal.
Wow, I was thinking about that...Ice T and LL Cool J?

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
I allways liked Levon Helm of the Band great in "The Right Stuff" and "Coal Miners Duaghter" but he was just being Levon
Don't forget about him playing the old Carlos Hathcock-esque(From Arkansas :action-sm) sniper in the film Shooter.

I know it's hard to tell it's Helm, but he's got a fuck load of makeup on. Oh, BTW another man from Arkansas :action-sm

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
As mentioned before, Tom Waits kicked ASS as Renfield. Of course, Marky Mark was great in The Departed. LL Cool J has been a suprisingly great actor, but...

I had a lot more, but I'm pretty wastedm so I'll just say Donnie Whalberg in Ransom and The 6th Sense.

atxklown

Will you do me a Kindness
Jan 26, 2004
Austin TX
So Mark Wahlberg doesn't count if rappers are seperate. Will Smith too.

I'd have to go with Jaime Foxx, Bette Midler, and possibly in the future Justin Timberlake (Alpha Dogs, Southland Tales)

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I'd have to go with Jaime Foxx
I believe he was a comedic actor first although he did have extensive training as a pianist.

Edit: You Were Right, from Imdb:
He studied music in college. He released a music album in 1994, "Peep This" and sings the theme song for his 1999 movie, Any Given Sunday (1999).

blakesnake00

The name is Snake.
Jun 5, 2005
peoria Il
Elvis was awesome,and totaly love him but did he do any movies that he didnt sing ? I dont think many people took him very seriously as an actor,just a pretty face with a great voice.Dwight Yokum was really good in Slingblade,but I must agree that Kris Kristofferson ( woke up my mom to get the spelling) has had the lonest steady career as anyone.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I believe he was a comedic actor first although he did have extensive training as a pianist.

Edit: You Were Right, from Imdb:
Nope I was Right:
However, in 1989, his life changed when a girl friend challenged him to get up onstage at the Comedy Club. In fact, he says he took his androgynous stage name because he learned that women got preference for mike time on open stage nights. That led to his being cast in "Roc" (1991) and "In Living Color" (1990) and ultimately to his own WB network TV series. He has a daughter, Corrine, born in 1995, who lives with her mother.
I READ GOOD!!!!:action-sm