What the F....Eat in Tax

Debbie1125

Mar 4, 2007
Philly, PA
Last night I went to Wendy's to eat. I sat down, looked at the receipit and saw something on there called "eat in tax". What is this? Now people are getting taxed to have their meal inside the restaurant? Ant is right with what he was saying the other day......we're being taxed to death on almost everything

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
That is fucked. Did you question the manger as to why it's there?

Debbie1125

Mar 4, 2007
Philly, PA
That is fucked. Did you question the manger as to why it's there?

It has something to do with the state income tax. I don't eat fast food that often, but next time I'm ordering TO GO. The odd thing is that neighborhood pizza/cheese steak places do not charge this tax when you eat it there. One more reason to avoid places like McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Just order to go and go sit down. It has to do with the fact that there's no tax on food as in a supermarket, but there's sales tax on a restaurant bill. If you're buying food to take home, it's food, if you're eating there, you're eating out and are therefore subject to sales tax.

Dec 9, 2004
West Chester
Just order to go and go sit down. It has to do with the fact that there's no tax on food as in a supermarket, but there's sales tax on a restaurant bill. If you're buying food to take home, it's food, if you're eating there, you're eating out and are therefore subject to sales tax.
That doesn't sound right. Your point is correct but I don't think it fits the situation. All fast food is taxed. What the O.P. is describing sounds like an additional tax on top of the sales tax. Or I could be wrong.

Feb 20, 2006
**** Island
With municipal taxes drying up due to declining real estate values they'll be alot more of these bullshit taxes coming online. It'll feel like the death of a thousand cuts.

Dopie Opie

Oct 22, 2004
It helps offset his bar tab !!!!

Debbie1125

Mar 4, 2007
Philly, PA
That doesn't sound right. Your point is correct but I don't think it fits the situation. All fast food is taxed. What the O.P. is describing sounds like an additional tax on top of the sales tax. Or I could be wrong.
Yes it is listed on a separate line with the amount.

Who knows, it might be they slipped in the so called fattening foods tax. I was reading about that while ago, about putting a surcharge on fast food. That gets me irritated too....making customers pay for those fat slobs who can't control their eating.
:arrrh:

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nin'teen for me

Cause I'm the tax man
Yea I'm the tax man

Should five percent appear too small
Be thankful I don't take it all

Cause I'm the tax man
Yea I'm the tax man

If you drive a car-car I'll tax the street
If you try to sit-sit I'll tax your seat
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat
If you take a walk I'll tax your feet
Tax man

Well I'm the tax man
Yea I'm the tax man

Don't ask me what I want it for
If you don't want to pay some more

Cause I'm the tax man
Yea I'm the tax man

Now my advice for those who die (tax man)
Declare the pennies on your eyes (tax man)

Cause I'm the tax man
Yea I'm the tax man

And you're working for no one but me
(Tax man)

zagman76

Wackbagger, Geek, Administrator
Wackbag Staff
Nov 18, 2004
Long Island, NY
Um... isn't is possible that the printer alignment is messed up, and the 'EAT IN' (as opposed to 'DINE OUT') and 'TAX' lines were spilling into eachother?

Um... isn't is possible that the printer alignment is messed up, and the 'EAT IN' (as opposed to 'DINE OUT') and 'TAX' lines were spilling into eachother?
Anything's "possible", but I've noticed this extra charge before... Debbie isn't imagining it.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Fuckin Zag ruining another perfectly good Conspiracy theory with Technical Jargon like Line Feeds and Carriage Return.

Debbie1125

Mar 4, 2007
Philly, PA
I didn't even know there was such a thing as the eat in tax, until I just happened to take a look at the receipt. Coincidentally, I found this on one of the regional blog boards.

Last night I had dinner at my local McDonald’s. While I was eating I happened to glance down at my receipt, and noticed that they have an “Eat In” tax. WTF! I have to pay $.55 extra for sitting in their crappy plastic chairs? Next time I’ll order it to go, and then eat it there… that will show those bastards.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
gonna join Zag and be rooin the bit woman ...

use the google and put in 'does mcdonald's charge an eat-in tax?' and what you're going to find is stuff very similar to this:

According to a few sources online its just a missing line break between two separate pieces of information… its just the sales tax added to the order and the line tells them whether to put your food in a tray or in a bag to go.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I didn't even know there was such a thing as the eat in tax, until I just happened to take a look at the receipt. Coincidentally, I found this on one of the regional blog boards.

Last night I had dinner at my local McDonald’s. While I was eating I happened to glance down at my receipt, and noticed that they have an “Eat In” tax. WTF! I have to pay $.55 extra for sitting in their crappy plastic chairs? Next time I’ll order it to go, and then eat it there… that will show those bastards.
What state did this happen in (both incidents)?

Well there's only one way to settle this. Go to your favorite fast food joint, order one item for eat-in. Then order the same item to go, and compare the receipts.

I'll try to remember this the next time I go into one of these places. As I have said, I've noticed the "eat in tax" before, so I'd feel a little silly if it's just a line break issue.

I don't understand why they'd allow their printers to put those things together and cause this confusion...

zagman76

Wackbagger, Geek, Administrator
Wackbag Staff
Nov 18, 2004
Long Island, NY
Did it look like this:

or this:

I couldn't find any pics on the web of the "take in" tax.

There is no separate eat-in/take-out tax. It's simply just poor judgement in placement of the text.

Dikbag

Dec 11, 2004
NW Ohio
There has always been tax if you eat in, at least in ohio. I remember in high school we would order togo then sit down and eat there to save money.

Fruit Monkey

Don't stare at it eat it! P-1 In trainning
Oct 4, 2004
Intransit
DId you know the seats in MCds are designed to be unconfortable after 20 minutes of sitting in them . And that is a FACT!!

Fruit Monkey

Don't stare at it eat it! P-1 In trainning
Oct 4, 2004
Intransit
Also did you know Mcds can give away the food and only charge you for soda and still turn a profit !! thats how much they sell... and they also own the cattle farms ETC. ETC.